Arsenal 0 - 1 Newcastle United - 07/11/10 - post match reaction from page 35

Dave

I think we came of age today as a team. No doubt last week was a swashbuckling performance but today we out-passed the best passing team in England. Tiote must already be worth twice what we paid for him so he's paid for Hughton's new contract already IMO. Bring on the rest of the season.

Tiote would be a steal even at six million iyam.

or double it again and even £12m sounds too cheap.

Just went on Arsenal Mania to see what they thought and remembered where we got that smiley from. :lol:

:mike:

Arsenal Mania is shite. Arsenal-Land is the better of the two.

Some Arsenal fans saying it was one of Fabregas' worst performances. Shut down by the Tiotalliser. Cheikmate.

Aye, he should have come off, not Wilshere. Can't remember him being so bad for a long time.

Guest guinness_fiend

I think we came of age today as a team. No doubt last week was a swashbuckling performance but today we out-passed the best passing team in England. Tiote must already be worth twice what we paid for him so he's paid for Hughton's new contract already IMO. Bring on the rest of the season.

Hang on, let's not be too hasty.

We didn't exactly out-pass Arsenal.  They were just completely toothless when it came to finishing.  They hit the woodwork twice and missed a couple of very good chances.  My heart was in my mouth everytime they went forward.

The game was won in our defensive third of the pitch.  It's the first time in recent memory where I've had confidence in the back line.  Plus, Tiote is a beast.  We still look a bit vulnerable on the counter-attack though, due to a lack of modern day pace (i.e. Walcott), however there's only a few teams in the league that could really take advantage of it (Arsenal on a good day being one of them).

Another three points on the board where we'd all have been chuffed with one is the mark of a very good day.  Viva la Hughton!

Agree with guinness_fiend. Certainly didn't out-pass them, we just were able to take everything they threw at us because of our fantastic defensive work, being able to hold onto the ball thanks to Tiote, and them not being anywhere near their sublime passing best.

Fantastic performance result, but didn't outpass them.

I was shitting myself every time they got the ball TBH.

Saying that, there's nothing you can do about a lot of their play. When passing football is executed that fast and accurate, combined with movement off the ball, it's nearly unstoppable. They were always going to get chances.

It's just past Bonfire Night and we've already had some superb days this season that will be remembered for years. Obviously the thrashing of the mackems and putting Villa in their place were unreal, but the away wins especially today and Everton have been pretty magical.

The cup win at Chelsea with last gasp Shola bullet header was just a crazy surreal bonus.

It's just past Bonfire Night and we've already had some superb days this season that will be remembered for years. Obviously the thrashing of the mackems and putting Villa in their place were unreal, but the away wins especially today and Everton have been pretty magical.

The cup win at Chelsea with last gasp Shola bullet header was just a crazy surreal bonus.

This week has been as good as when Bobby took us to Arsenal and Leeds in the same week.

I was shitting myself every time they got the ball TBH.

Saying that, there's nothing you can do about a lot of their play. When passing football is executed that fast and accurate, combined with movement off the ball, it's nearly unstoppable. They were always going to get chances.

I hate watching us away on the telly as i shit myself everytime every team we play gets the ball and comes forward and today was no different. I hate winning 1-0 as it's bad for my blood pressure during the game!

Another great team performance. Everyone played well. Tiote, Carroll and Colo deservedly getting special mentions but also have to mention Williamson - another great game - he really does look like a very good defender. I've always thought that Colocinni must be a great partner to play alongside as a central defender and Williamson certainly seems to be enjoying it.

I wish Shearer would say something about Colocinni because he really savaged him at every opportunity previously.

Also, ironically, Danny Simpson has looked much better in his Premier League starts than he did in the Championship.

Finally great to see Smith and Lovenkrands on the pitch at the end congratulating their team mates and celebrating the victory. Says a lot about what is happening at the club.

The day Andy Carroll stops listening to Pavement is the day we all rejoice. That hair...

The longer his hair gets the better he becomes. He must never ever cut it (unless he moves to another club in which case he should be shaved bald).