Newcastle United vs Blackburn Rovers 19:45 10/11/10 Pre-Match thread

joeyt

I've got bad memories of mid-November midweek games against Blackburn. Crap League Cup game in 1998, went right through dreary extra time, us eventually losing on pens. Shearer missed one of them. As his shot went wide, some guy behind me let out a deep sigh and said, "What's happening with this team?" There was a kind of hopeless atmosphere.

Complete opposite of right now, in other words. Time to banish that particular ghost.

I used to have a sort of grudging respect for Allardyce but now I just think he's a cunt. Never liked Blackburn. Feel well up for it. And I'm guessing our current run has some legs in it yet. In short: Optimism!

Howay the lads!

From the bbc:

1902: NEWCASTLE TEAM NEWS SNAP

Shola Ameobi shakes off an injury scare to start in an unchanged Magpies XI at home to Blackburn.

What's that about?

Well there was a scare about an injury he had, but he managed to shake it off.

Yeah, but there was nothing on the official site or on .com. Even here, I didn't read anything about it.

From the bbc:

Shola Ameobi shakes off an injury scare to start in an unchanged Magpies XI at home to Blackburn.

What's that about?

Yeah, but there was nothing on the official site or on .com. Even here, I didn't read anything about it.

There was talk about it on here and people were discussing whether or not to start Ranger or Loven with Carroll if Ameobi had to sit it out.

I've got bad memories of mid-November midweek games against Blackburn. Crap League Cup game in 1998, went right through dreary extra time, us eventually losing on pens. Shearer missed one of them. As his shot went wide, some guy behind me let out a deep sigh and said, "What's happening with this team?" There was a kind of hopeless atmosphere.

Complete opposite of right now, in other words. Time to banish that particular ghost.

I used to have a sort of grudging respect for Allardyce but now I just think he's a cunt. Never liked Blackburn. Feel well up for it. And I'm guessing our current run has some legs in it yet. In short: Optimism!

Howay the lads!

Remember thinking David Dunn was going to be the next big thing after that. Was a fucking awful game. IIRC they missed a pen late in normal time but missed and it went to ET which made it even worse.

Howay the lads!

Remember thinking David Dunn was going to be the next big thing after that. Was a fucking awful game. IIRC they missed a pen late in normal time but missed and it went to ET which made it even worse.

Yeah, I dimly recall something of the sort. It was a truly shite game, memorable only for depressing things, which I've obviously tried not to think about much since.

From the bbc:

What's that about?

There was talk about it on here and people were discussing whether or not to start Ranger or Loven with Carroll if Ameobi had to sit it out.

Oh, I must have missed that then. Cheers.  :thup:

Robinson; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet; Emerton, Chimbonda, Hoilett, Jones, Pedersen; Kalinic.

4-5-1 with Chimbonda holding?

3 CB's 2 WBs 2 DM, 2 Wings and 1 striker I reckon.

-------------Robinson-----

--Salgado--Nelson--Samba--

Chimbonda------------------Givet

--------Emerton----Jones----------

Holiett---------------------Pederson

------------Kalinic--------------------

Robinson; Salgado, Nelsen, Samba, Givet; Emerton, Chimbonda, Hoilett, Jones, Pedersen; Kalinic.

Chimbonda--Salgado--Nelson--Samba--Givet

--------Emerton----Jones----------Holiett---------

------------Pederson

--Salgado--Nelson--Samba--

Chimbonda------------------Givet

--------Emerton----Jones----------

Holiett---------------------Pederson

And people wonder why we were glad to get shot...

Guest michaelfoster

From the bbc:

What's that about?

He put his left foot in, his left foot out, in, out, in, out and shook it all about, now he's fit

I'd be pretty fucked off if I was a Rovers fan like, can understand being cautious away from home but we're hardly Barcelona.

Yep, a long enough journey on a school night as well. Compare and contrast with us at the Emirates.

Good old Allardyce, why bother trying to win if you don't have to? :rolleyes: