Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Nah, whether we would like to admit or not, the vast majority of us would be loving to be in their position.

probably the majority, i wouldn't be too sure about the vast majority.

You'd be surprised how quickly people would forget their morals when we're top of the league.

Guest BooBoo

Of course they would.

If we were signing great players and on the brink of winning the league, do you really think we'd be wringing our hands worrying about how we'd gone about it? Horselop.

Of course they would.

If we were signing great players and on the brink of winning the league, do you really think we'd be wringing our hands worrying about how we'd gone about it? Horselop.

is that the norwegian fella who plays for pompey and yes there'd be plenty none too happy at the way we've gone about it. not everyone's a hypocrite.

Nah, whether we would like to admit or not, the vast majority of us would be loving to be in their position.

probably the majority, i wouldn't be too sure about the vast majority.

You'd be surprised how quickly people would forget their morals when we're top of the league.

i know chelsea and man citeh fans who have walked away.

I can't even decide for sure whether i would want us to win it this way to be honest - watching world class players and winning every week is all well and good it's just a question of how much the dubious methods taint it.

For example, I've got a mate who's a Man City fan, has been all his life, been through all the shit times etc, but whenever he tries to gloat about their success now I just shut him down with "doesn't count, you've bought it" and he's got no comeback. Might make me a bit of a twat but also makes me think I probably wouldn't want to swap places.

Guest BooBoo

To an extent every team that's won the Premier League has done it on the back of heavy spending.

Guest guinness_fiend

It was the recognition that somehow this team doesn't belong to me. For years, the City players had embodied my hopes and fears. They were the personification of my dreams. Not just Lee, Bell and Summerbee or Tueart, Owen and Barnes but a lot of poor players whose names would sully the pages of a decent newspaper. Their ineptness frustrated me but they played for my club so what could I do? Now the team stand proudly at the summit of the Premier League and fully deserve to be there. Yaya Touré, Aguero, Silva, Kompany have all had a wonderful season and I admire them enormously. I admire them but I don't love them. Not the way I loved Glyn Pardoe, Alan Oakes and Neil Young. That's my problem.

What a hipster :lol:

To an extent every team that's won the Premier League has done it on the back of heavy spending.

their own cash, that they've earned or risked as opposed to being given. we tried it on risk and paid the price, what citeh and chelsea do is different and bad for football. don't mind the heavy spending, if it's theirs.

their own cash, that they've earned or risked as opposed to being given. we tried it on risk and paid the price, what citeh and chelsea do is different and bad for football.

Chelsea sort of started do destroy the football for me. Before Roman's time, there were some huge deals for players like Zidane, Buffon, Ferdinand....

He came and everything started to change. City just picked up from that...

Guest BooBoo

I think it's very difficult now to quibble with their methods without sounding jealous.

It may not be to everyone's tastes but they've shaken up the established order. Whilst I don't care really either way, did we really want to see yet another Man Utd title win? They've spent a fortune themselves over the last two years.

I think it's very difficult now to quibble with their methods without sounding jealous.

It may not be to everyone's tastes but they've shaken up the established order. Whilst I don't care really either way, did we really want to see yet another Man Utd title win? They've spent a fortune themselves over the last two years.

Which was generated by themselves by winning titles or by seeling a player like C. Ronaldo, for example.

Does it really matter where they get the money from?

I think that is most peoples gripe.

If you were someone who had worked your arse off for a number of years to struggle by, wouldn't you be a little miffed at the smug tosser down the road who has never worked a day in his life but won the lotto with the ticket he paid out of his benefits?

Guest BooBoo

That's life!

That's what all the people say!

Flying high in April,

Shot down in May.

Don't care tbh, time for a sausage sandwich before heading off to Goodisin. :papiss:

It ruins the league in my opinion, we and many other clubs including man u just can't compete with there money, it distorts the market also and makes it more expensive for clubs like ourselves to hold on to their good players. I would not want it to happen to us, in fact I am enjoying the innovation of our plan which is what has to happen when you have no money. Ultimately if city come after our players this summer I just hope we rip them off. I wont be pissed off at our management because what can they do when someone offers 30 million for a player that cost 5, they have to follow their business model

Would be nice for these players to look at some of the players these clubs have ruined (Duff, Bridge, SWP, Johnson, Lescott etc..) and think twice about a move but I can't see that happening.

Would be nice for these players to look at some of the players these clubs have ruined (Duff, Bridge, SWP, Johnson, Lescott etc..) and think twice about a move but I can't see that happening.

They haven't Lescott, and injuries ruined Duff. He was top class in his first few years at Chelsea.

I was living in Manchester as a kid when City last won the league in 1968, and it jars a bit whenever that achievement is compared with what is happening now. That City side was built up from nowhere - the captain Tony Book even came from the non-league. There were some very shrewd signings but no big money ones. It was a great achievement by the management to get promotion and then only two years later completely upset the established order of the day.

This feels entirely different. I'm sure most City fans will feel great if they pull it off, but I can remember watching Chelsea lift the title under Mourinho and not feeling that anything had been achieved at all. Even if you can't share the joy, you can recognise the achievement usually. Not this time.

I think rich clubs do damage the league. They mop up all the talented players diminishing the pool spread around the rest of the clubs, removes competitiveness etc etc

What is worrying about the scale of City's spending is that they are able to take players away from their close rivals (Tevez, Nasri, Adebayor, Toure), so they're directly weakening the clubs around them, as well as strengthening themselves.

this...it's a very british attitude to hate man city and chelsea, they're not "playing by the book" and "following the rules and established order". it's not really cricket is it?

that'd be the established order that's seen top flight football won 50 times by 3 fucking clubs :lol: