Manchester City

OzzieMandias

Fair play to Napoli, like.

Such poetic justice in them qualifying at the expense of City. A real football club in every sense, in contrast with those c***s.

Delighted for them. :thup:

aye, they've even been good to watch in europe.

Napoli can hardly take the moral high ground. All of their greatest success was down to being bankrolled, the likes of Maradona and Careca didn't go their for the Coppa Italia they won 20 years earlier, or the crime and corruption of Naples. And that's before you consider the mafia links, covering up Maradona's drug taking and the fact that it's no surprise their most successful period 84-91 coincides with being run by Luciano Moggi.

A horrible club in many ways with it's history littered with violent fans, corruption and financial impropriety, but i still like them for some reason.

Guest guinness_fiend

Napoli can hardly take the moral high ground. All of their greatest success was down to being bankrolled, the likes of Maradona and Careca didn't go their for the Coppa Italia they won 20 years earlier, or the crime and corruption of Naples. And that's before you consider the mafia links, covering up Maradona's drug taking and the fact that it's no surprise their most successful period 84-91 coincides with being run by Luciano Moggi.

A horrible club in many ways with it's history littered with violent fans, corruption and financial impropriety, but i still like them for some reason.

Exactly.  Quite why people are over-romaticising what in many ways is a nasty little club is hilarious. 

That said, they have played good football up to now, but people are misguided if they think for one moment that they are a "purer" football club than Manchester City.  They are equally as reprehensible as one another, albeit in different ways.

Guest Haris Vuckic

The mafia paid for Maradona outright.

Plus Napoli & various regulators pretty much let him do what he wants, the amount of Doctors who took drug tests themselves instead of Diego.

''Oh look there's nowt in Diego's wee, he's not on crack, please stop chewing my telephone &get down from there!!1''

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3987639/Harvey-Nichols-store-at-Man-City-ground.html

PAMPERED Manchester City stars have been given their own Harvey Nichols store — at the club's TRAINING GROUND.

A branch of the plush fashion emporium has been set up so the millionaire Premier League aces can do their Christmas shopping without hassle from fans.

The chain — made famous by Jennifer Saunders' hit comedy Absolutely Fabulous — is a favourite of City striker Mario Balotelli and his model girlfriend Raffaella Fico.

A source said: "You don't get much more exclusive than this. Most of the lads have bought bags of stuff.

"And Harvey Nicks know what they buy because they are regulars to the city centre store.

"There are handbags, perfume, jewellery and clothes. They've put hamper selections in there, too

The chain said it hoped the pop-up store, which is located in a marquee, would help the team buy gifts for loved-ones before their run of games during the busy festive period.

Bosses at City, who crashed out of the Champions League on Wednesday night, have made sure players are in the Christmas spirit.

The source added: "They've put on Christmas cake-decorating classes — it was hilarious.

"Mario Balotelli struggled with the icing."

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/3987639/Harvey-Nichols-store-at-Man-City-ground.html

PAMPERED Manchester City stars have been given their own Harvey Nichols store — at the club's TRAINING GROUND.

A branch of the plush fashion emporium has been set up so the millionaire Premier League aces can do their Christmas shopping without hassle from fans.

The chain — made famous by Jennifer Saunders' hit comedy Absolutely Fabulous — is a favourite of City striker Mario Balotelli and his model girlfriend Raffaella Fico.

A source said: "You don't get much more exclusive than this. Most of the lads have bought bags of stuff.

"And Harvey Nicks know what they buy because they are regulars to the city centre store.

"There are handbags, perfume, jewellery and clothes. They've put hamper selections in there, too

The chain said it hoped the pop-up store, which is located in a marquee, would help the team buy gifts for loved-ones before their run of games during the busy festive period.

Bosses at City, who crashed out of the Champions League on Wednesday night, have made sure players are in the Christmas spirit.

The source added: "They've put on Christmas cake-decorating classes — it was hilarious.

"Mario Balotelli struggled with the icing."

Dicks.

• 2 months later...
Carlos Tevez open to Manchester City comeback

Carlos Tevez has suggested he is happy to play for Manchester City again if boss Roberto Mancini is genuine about welcoming him back into the squad.

Tevez has not played for City since it was claimed he refused to warm up against Bayern Munich in September.

"If I was wrong, I say sorry," Tevez told Fox Sports in Argentina. "I believe I did not make a mistake.

"If it [Mancini's stance] is true, of course I like that. If it's [meant] for the media, no."

Well, it's pretty obvious (to me anyway) that it's not as simple as forgive and forget. Tevez is off in the summer imo.

Tevez - Treated like a dog

Man City striker blasts manager over Bayern bench row

Carlos Tevez has accused Manchester City manager Roberto Mancini of 'treating him like a dog' during their infamous bench bust-up at Bayern Munich back in September.

The Argentina international has not featured for City since before that night, when he refused to warm-up against Bayern in the UEFA Champions League with Mancini's men losing 2-0.

He has spent the past couple of months AWOL back in his homeland after failing to secure a January move away from the club, with his City career appearing to be over.

However, the striker is due to return to England on Tuesday and Paul McCarthy, who is an advisor to Tevez's representative Kia Joorabchian, confirmed earlier on Monday recent discussions have paved the way for him to return to Mancini's squad.

The forward has broken his silence on the Bayern incident ahead of returning to Etihad Stadium and has hit out at the manager's treatment of him during the row.

Bad mood

Tevez claims he sat back down on the bench after warming up because he believed Mancini was employing a more defensive approach after taking off striker Edin Dzeko and replacing him with holding midfielder Nigel de Jong.

"I was kind of in a bad mood and when (Mancini) brings on De Jong and takes off Dzeko, and we're losing 2-0, I thought it was a defensive substitution. So I decided to sit back on the bench," he said in an interview with Fox Sports in Argentina.

"So I'd already warmed up for 10 minutes and he has this attitude that he wants to lose 2-0 instead of 4-0.

"So I sat down and at the same time Dzeko comes off and is really angry and has a go at Mancini. He then sees the tunnel is closed so he has to sit down next to him and they start to have an argument.

"Dzeko was speaking Bosnian and Mancini would swear at him in Italian, so it was a real mess.

Foul mood

"So I go and sit down and he doesn't see me because he's having this discussion. But then he turns around and sees me and you can imagine what happens. He's in the middle of an argument.

"So then he tells me to keep on warming up and treats me like a dog. When he spoke to me in that tone of voice I said 'no I'm not going out'.

"So I was willing to play but the coach was in such a foul mood, because he had that argument with Dzeko, he started on me as well, started swearing at me.

"That was him, because I was very calm. I was just sitting on the bench and you could see from the footage I was calm and just talking to (Pablo) Zabaleta. Mancini said some horrible things to me."

Massive difference between this and the BBC article I posted above.

notts forest and villa weren't the best teams in our country when they won the european cup.

The same players had already proven they were. Liverpool hadn't for 15 years and clearly weren't the best in Europe.

liverpool weren't the best team on merseyside that year (i think)

Nope. Everton finished 4th and Liverpool had to get special dispensation (bitch and moan) to be let into the CL as winners

It was Everton who got special dispensation really. UEFA wanted Liverpool in and Everton like when they set the precedent when Real won the tournament but finished outside the spot. Real went in and I think Zaragoza got the UEFA. The FA/PL wouldn't have Everton not go through.

• 2 months later...

Good article from a Man City fan not enjoying the success because it doesn't feel right - think I would be the same if we were buying the league:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-last-word-why-city-no-longer-belong-to-me-7742262.html

My favourite bit:

It was the recognition that somehow this team doesn't belong to me. For years, the City players had embodied my hopes and fears. They were the personification of my dreams. Not just Lee, Bell and Summerbee or Tueart, Owen and Barnes but a lot of poor players whose names would sully the pages of a decent newspaper. Their ineptness frustrated me but they played for my club so what could I do? Now the team stand proudly at the summit of the Premier League and fully deserve to be there. Yaya Touré, Aguero, Silva, Kompany have all had a wonderful season and I admire them enormously. I admire them but I don't love them. Not the way I loved Glyn Pardoe, Alan Oakes and Neil Young. That's my problem.

Guest BooBoo

Nah, whether we would like to admit or not, the vast majority of us would be loving to be in their position.

Good article from a Man City fan not enjoying the success because it doesn't feel right - think I would be the same if we were buying the league:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/news-and-comment/the-last-word-why-city-no-longer-belong-to-me-7742262.html

My favourite bit:

It was the recognition that somehow this team doesn't belong to me. For years, the City players had embodied my hopes and fears. They were the personification of my dreams. Not just Lee, Bell and Summerbee or Tueart, Owen and Barnes but a lot of poor players whose names would sully the pages of a decent newspaper. Their ineptness frustrated me but they played for my club so what could I do? Now the team stand proudly at the summit of the Premier League and fully deserve to be there. Yaya Touré, Aguero, Silva, Kompany have all had a wonderful season and I admire them enormously. I admire them but I don't love them. Not the way I loved Glyn Pardoe, Alan Oakes and Neil Young. That's my problem.

Agree with him. On the other hand, I'd like us to win the league, too. Who wouldn't?

Just would like to see us doing it "the right way" and not the way City are doing it.

Nah, whether we would like to admit or not, the vast majority of us would be loving to be in their position.

probably the majority, i wouldn't be too sure about the vast majority.