Manchester City

OzzieMandias

And too think some people on here thought Mancini was a nice guy when he first came over.

The guy is fucking twat, always been.

Just a really bad loser IMO. Moyes gets under his skin so much, it's great. He loathes that we've beaten them numerous times in recent years.

There's no glory in what Man City are doing. There's no test that at first seems insurmountable but by courage and determination is overcome. There's none of that. There's no romance, there's no 'great story' to it. Watching them play 90% of the league is like watching a heavyweight go a round with a 12 year old girl. This is a club that can, and has, outspent everybody. Bought some top players for top money and pays them obscene wages but also buys decent, nothing special players just to flesh out an already ridiculous squad, or to stop other clubs getting them and goes on to pay them far more than their worth just so they can sit, fat and richer than expected some towards the back of the team bus.

They should win both cup comps. They should win the league. They should reach the last 4 of the CL every f*cking year.

For the most part of their season their only trial is not to rise up and conquer a worthy opponent but just to not trip over their occasional incompetence.

In answer to the thread title, I like Milner and Hart. I also think Yaya Toure is immense but apart from that no, there isn't. I really don't rate Mancini, a good manager would of won the league by 10 points last season, especially when you consider how bad a season it was for ManUre and Chelski (for their standards). I also don't mind Balloteli too much as I like how he is fucking with the club all the time.

In answer to the thread title, I like Milner and Hart. I also think Yaya Toure is immense but apart from that no, there isn't. I really don't rate Mancini, a good manager would of won the league by 10 points last season, especially when you consider how bad a season it was for ManUre and Chelski (for their standards). I also don't mind Balloteli too much as I like how he is fucking with the club all the time.

You can't dislike Kompany, man. Guy's a class act.

There's no glory in what Man City are doing. There's no test that at first seems insurmountable but by courage and determination is overcome. There's none of that. There's no romance, there's no 'great story' to it. Watching them play 90% of the league is like watching a heavyweight go a round with a 12 year old girl. This is a club that can, and has, outspent everybody. Bought some top players for top money and pays them obscene wages but also buys decent, nothing special players just to flesh out an already ridiculous squad, or to stop other clubs getting them and goes on to pay them far more than their worth just so they can sit, fat and richer than expected some towards the back of the team bus.

They should win both cup comps. They should win the league. They should reach the last 4 of the CL every f*cking year.

For the most part of their season their only trial is not to rise up and conquer a worthy opponent but just to not trip over their occasional incompetence.

I crave success for Newcastle but I'm sure it would just feel so hollow if achieved in that way.

I never said I don't rate Kompany. I rate a lot of Man Citys players. I just don't hold Kompany in as high esteem as Yaya. Kompany does a good job, Yaya changes games. If I could choose on of them to have in our squad it would be Yaya Toure. Maybe its just the shape of Kompanys head reminds me of Obertan too much...

What Man City are doing is ultimately the sort of thing which is going to ruin football, but let's be honest, if it was our club, we wouldn't give too much of a shit.

I don't normally care much for Mancini, but the ruck last night was apparently about something I absolutely can't stand, the waving of imaginary cards at the ref. For that, he's a cunt.

What Man City are doing is ultimately the sort of thing which is going to ruin football, but let's be honest, if it was our club, we wouldn't give too much of a s***.

I don't normally care much for Mancini, but the ruck last night was apparently about something I absolutely can't stand, the waving of imaginary cards at the ref. For that, he's a c***.

I know where you are coming from, but I have more of a problem with the efforts by UEFA to maintain the current status quo by their FFP rules than Man City.  I suspect, but confess I have no evidence to prove it, that FFP would prevent any club from doing what NUFC did under Hall and Keegan.  And to me having a closed shop is worse than having some clubs buying success.

What Man City are doing is ultimately the sort of thing which is going to ruin football, but let's be honest, if it was our club, we wouldn't give too much of a s***.

I don't normally care much for Mancini, but the ruck last night was apparently about something I absolutely can't stand, the waving of imaginary cards at the ref. For that, he's a c***.

I know where you are coming from, but I have more of a problem with the efforts by UEFA to maintain the current status quo by their FFP rules than Man City.  I suspect, but confess I have no evidence to prove it, that FFP would prevent any club from doing what NUFC did under Hall and Keegan.  And to me having a closed shop is worse than having some clubs buying success.

Not sure that's right. I don't think Newcastle at any point really overspent what was coming in, otherwise the Halls and Shepherds couldn't have taken so much out of the club over the years. Compared to the TV income, occassional European income, full stadiums and merchandising, I don't think we were consistently operating at a trading loss. I think it was only towards the end when we started chasing the diminishing prospects of the Champions League that things got a little messy.

Fair enough.  Nevertheless my feelings remain the same - the ideas of what clubs can spend being linked only to their revenue streams essentially stops any other team being able to challenge the established Champions League clubs.

To me i have the same sort of opinion as Man Utd, if asked "who would you prefer to win the title between Manchester clubs?" i would say i really couldn't care.

• 1 year later...