Newcastle United 0 - 0 Fulham - 13/11/10 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Some pretty funny posts in this thread. We were decent today, played some good football at times but just never created enough really clear-cut chances. As well as that on the chances we did create, the ball simply didn't drop to us and they got away with it time after time.

I know they hit the bar but honestly I never felt we were going to lose and by the sounds of Wednesday we were much improved on the Blackburn game. We were certainly better than against Wigan.

Another point to the tally and the results elsewhere didn't hurt too much. As far as I'm concerned things remain positive.

you never felt we'd lose, i never felt we'd win...more route one from us, poor performance from both teams.

I never thought there was too much long ball. We got desperate towards the end yes, but before that we played some good stuff on the deck.

Oh and I much prefer Lovenkrands missing the goal than being missing in the first place. I'm not saying he was great but he was reasonably lively and far better than some of his previous performances. It's obvious as fuck that we need a striker though and I'm pretty confident we'll get one in January.

Credit to Fulham in the first half.  At least they came to play some football and edged the half.  Second half we looked good for a while but they stopped us playing our game for long periods.  I think the players lost their bottle to play the ball through the middle (due to Fulham pressure) and resorted to awful long balls. 

Cheik could easily have seen red for a second yellow.  They hit the bar.  But overall I think if either team deserved the win it was us. I think if the ball had hit Carrols head rather than Lovenkrands a couple times we would have. 

I never thought there was too much long ball. We got desperate towards the end yes, but before that we played some good stuff on the deck.

Oh and I much prefer Lovenkrands missing the goal than being missing in the first place. I'm not saying he was great but he was reasonably lively and far better than some of his previous performances. It's obvious as fuck that we need a striker though and I'm pretty confident we'll get one in January.

you didn't boo by any chance, did ya? :hmm:

:lol:

Oh and I much prefer Lovenkrands missing the goal than being missing in the first place. I'm not saying he was great but he was reasonably lively and far better than some of his previous performances. It's obvious as f*** that we need a striker though and I'm pretty confident we'll get one in January.

we done what sunderland done earlier on this season. lots of faff in the middle without going anywhere or looking likely then a 40yd diagonal to carroll (read "bent"). the only time it seemed like we tried to go through the middle on the deck was when it broke to us 30yds out.

also may i add jonas is starting to bug the shit out of me.

:dowie:

Well of course I fucking didn't, not least because I thought we played alright. Haven't you even read the post you quoted or the one before it?

Oh and I much prefer Lovenkrands missing the goal than being missing in the first place. I'm not saying he was great but he was reasonably lively and far better than some of his previous performances. It's obvious as f*** that we need a striker though and I'm pretty confident we'll get one in January.

we done what sunderland done earlier on this season. lots of faff in the middle without going anywhere or looking likely then a 40yd diagonal to carroll (read "bent"). the only time it seemed like we tried to go through the middle on the deck was when it broke to us 30yds out.

also may i add jonas is starting to bug the s*** out of me.

The very early reliance on Carroll is worrying like. Desperately need some more quality in goalscoring positions.

Well of course I fucking didn't, not least because I thought we played alright. Haven't you even read the post you quoted or the one before it?

Never believed you were the booing type anyway.  ;D

Well of course I f***ing didn't, not least because I thought we played alright. Haven't you even read the post you quoted or the one before it?

Never believed you were the booing type anyway.  ;D

only when someone "of's" instead of "have's"

Some pretty funny posts in this thread. We were decent today, played some good football at times but just never created enough really clear-cut chances. As well as that on the chances we did create, the ball simply didn't drop to us and they got away with it time after time.

I know they hit the bar but honestly I never felt we were going to lose and by the sounds of Wednesday we were much improved on the Blackburn game. We were certainly better than against Wigan.

Another point to the tally and the results elsewhere didn't hurt too much. As far as I'm concerned things remain positive.

you never felt we'd lose, i never felt we'd win...more route one from us, poor performance from both teams.

:thup:

Opponent:      2010/11 2008/09 Point difference

Man Utd A        0-3         1-1     Minus 1 point

Aston Villa H     6-0         2-0     No point difference

Everton A         1-0         2-2     Plus 2 points

Stoke H            1-2         2-2     Minus 1 point

Man City A        1-2        1-2     No point diffence

Wigan H           2-2         2-2     No point difference

West Ham A     2-1         1-3     Plus 3 points

Mackems H      5-1         1-1     Plus 2 points

Arsenal A        1-0          0-3     Plus 3 points

Blackburn H     1-2         1-2     No point difference

Fulham H        0-0          0-1     Plus 1 point

Total:      2010/11 vs 2008/09   Plus 9 points

Very interesting, that.

Remains 9 points up even if you replace the Hull 1-2 that season with Blackpool 0-2, and Boro 0-0 with Wolves 1-1.

We played ok today, could have won on another day. Can't understand the fuckwits who booed them off; wankers.

Because they've paid £600+ and so far have seen two good performances and five performances rating from terrible to mediocre. We may be winning away but that doesn't make SJP viewing any easier :laugh:

We played ok today, could have won on another day. Can't understand the fuckwits who booed them off; wankers.

Because they've paid £600+ and so far have seen two good performances and five performances rating from terrible to mediocre. We may be winning away but that doesn't make SJP viewing any easier :laugh:

they got there moneys worth on one sunday ;)

If they want entertainment go to the pictures, theatre or watch Barcelona.

Booing a draw to Fulham when the players seem to give a toss these days isn't right IMO.

Booing a draw to Fulham when the players seem to give a toss these days isn't right IMO.

They don't want entertainment, they want points. The fans pay good money to see the team, they have every right to express how they feel.

Not everyone is happy with not winning at home every week.

Fulham have turned into a proper Mark Hughes team already like. Lots of play acting and cynicism all-round.

The time wasting was worse than Blackburn. And I didn't even think that was possible.

They don't want entertainment, they want points. The fans pay good money to see the team, they have every right to express how they feel.

Not everyone is happy with not winning at home every week.

I'm not entirely happy but booing is a waste of ****ing time.  You think the players are happy with not winning?  They don't need their own fans booing them to remind them they aren't winning..  It's pathetic and it's only going to put more pressure on the players in the future.

Fans DO have the right to boo, doesn't mean I have to agree with them or respect them.

shit excuse. we're not an outstanding team. We're a club living on limited resources at the moment.

If you want to pay for winning football week in week out, go watch chelsea. If not, don't pretend that we are them.