Newcastle United 0 - 0 Fulham - 13/11/10 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Giving Lovenrkands yet another chance was just as baffling.

Said before the game I couldn't understand why he didn't bring in the two players he gave a run out to on Wednesday night, simply for some form of continuity.

Why was Guthrie not involved at all on Wednesday?  Was he injured?

Lovenkrands should have scored that free header 2nd half.

Are you thick or something? I said we 'never stood a chance with that team selection' - Lovenkrands was never going to take those chances. He's an absolutely abysmal footballer.

Any opportunity :rolleyes:

Yeah, like i'm wrong.

Why go on like a 5 year on an internet forum? That baffles me.

What the f*** just happened on the Norwegian post-match PL show? :lol: the match report was nothing but "Bred Hangeland is good. Brede Hangeland is awesome. Brede Hangeland is strong. Brede Hangeland. Brede Hangeland. Oh, that Magpie kid shot once. Brede Hangeland is tall." :lol:

Lee Chung Yong is good. Lee Chung Yong is awesome. Lee Chung Yong is skillfull. Lee Chung Yong. Lee Chung Yong. Two assists. Lee Chung Yong...

It's a sad sad situation. :sadnod:

Beckham is good. Beckham is awesome. Beckham is skillful. Beckham. Beckham. Free kick. Cross. Gentle jog. Beckham. Bend it like Beckham...

Guest michaelfoster

Krul - 8 made several good saves

Enrique - 7 didnt get forward enough, was solid defensively but gave the ball away a few times by dallying on the ball

Coloccini - 7 tidy

Williamson - 6 shakey at start, got better

Simpson - 7 played well i thought, was solid in defence and attack

Jonas - 6 needs to serious learn to pass the ball as he gets caught with the ball too much and loses it. Was times where he was stood still

Nolan - 5 forgot he was on the pitch at times tbf

Tiote - 6 thought he did ok but with his style was always going to get booked with the awful ref

Guthrie - 6 did ok but some decent crosses in, freekicks & corners were mixed, sometimes were hitting the wall/first defender

Lovenkrands - 6 thought he did ok, had chances and maybe should of scored, probably down to lack of match sharpness.

Carroll - 7 worked hard & had half chances

Guest michaelfoster

Wish Colo and Enrique would stop faffing about with the ball and just hoof it away

Yeah because the hoofing from the other members of the back four is so constructive.

Rather they hoofed it to the half way line for a throw in than giving it away, at least it stops momentum

Just got back in, WE REALLY need to get another decent striker to play alongside Carroll in January. Need to send Ranger to a CCC side where he has to play week-in week-out.

Lovenkrands and Guthrie = Championship players, Loven does nothing but run around chasing players and closing them in.

Spot on.

Fulham had obviously done their homework on us, Carroll routinely had 3 players marking him at set pieces, Jonas had 2 players tracking him throughout the game.  We should have taken advantage of their defending with Carroll dragging his markers away from the rest of the team to allow chances for others (there was a free kick in the 2nd half when that actually happened & resulted in a shot for Carroll).

Our biggest problem is our lack of a Plan B, our only real way to change the game today was to bring on Routledge & Ranger and whilst Ranger did chase down a few balls he didn't make much of an impact.  Lovenkrands was better than he has been in other recent games but he didn't take his chances.  I'd say something about Nolan, but the only thing I can remember him doing was to chase back to win back a ball that he had just lost.

Fulham got away with loads of fouls & the referee had a bizarre game.  I thought the boos at the end were for the ref, not the team.

What I am noticing about us this season is that people seem to rate us. The Sky sports match report says "Fulham will head back to London delighted with a point" the general feel of the article is that underdogs Fulham came to a very difficult place and got a fantastic result. Although we aren't doing as well at home as we should be, people are taking us as a genuine proposition rather than the pushovers of the past

I'm confident we'll stay up. I actually think we're going to fight for a spot in the top half and while I don't think we¨ll get there. It's looking bright with players such as Carroll who will develop even more, Tiote who willll adapt, Colo who will become more experienced and Enrique too. Danny Simpson is actually looking like a decent right-back.

Not our best match, but we have been better than two teams for two straight matches and in the end it will pay off!

Wish Colo and Enrique would stop faffing about with the ball and just hoof it away

Yeah because the hoofing from the other members of the back four is so constructive.

Well it prevents needless corners and throw ins to the opposition