Newcastle United 0 - 0 Fulham - 13/11/10 - post match reaction from page 15

Nate

Aaron Hughes was rightfully not booed. :thup:

Why would he have been? Solid pro for us and a nice gent to boot. Daft we got rid.

---

Duff scored the goal that sent us down and was generally s**** for us if that doesn't deserve a boo i don't know what does.

:facepalm:

Did he not score the OG that meant us losing at Villa?

:crazy2:

We're not. But I think we're reasonably chuffed with 18 points after 1/3 of the season sitting in 7th position.

So am I. But it doesn't mean I'll ignore the home form. Being better off than we expected doesn't mean everything else is forgotten.

So your not going to ignore the home form and boo Chris Hughton and the players... R right I get it, now Hughtons going to try harder because fickle fans booed! Obviously! Aye lets boo that twat, he needs to know this is not good enough, and he will try harder!! Solution!!

Do you not think the players & Hughton will appreciate some appluase instead, after giving it their all, and in the end unable to break through a tough Fulham team?

You hear people saying the players need to stand up and be counted, to keep wanting the ball through tough times, and to be united... so how about the fans do that during tough times? Some fans throw their dummys out during tough times booing at the end, showing no unity and loyalty, so why not try be an example? They gave it their best shot, they couldnt get a goal, they didnt lose and got a point on the board - unlucky lads fair effort, keep going, we're in this together. You honestly think booing is the better mindset?

We're not. But I think we're reasonably chuffed with 18 points after 1/3 of the season sitting in 7th position.

So am I. But it doesn't mean I'll ignore the home form. Being better off than we expected doesn't mean everything else is forgotten.

So your not going to ignore the home form and boo Chris Hughton and the players... R right I get it, now Hughtons going to try harder because fickle fans booed! Obviously! Aye lets boo that t***, he needs to know this is not good enough, and he will try harder!! Solution!!

Do you not think the players & Hughton will appreciate some appluase instead, after giving it their all, and in the end unable to break through a tough Fulham team?

You hear people saying the players need to stand up and be counted, to keep wanting the ball through tough times, and to be united... so how about the fans do that during tough times? Some fans throw their dummys out during tough times booing at the end, showing no unity and loyalty, so why not try be an example? They gave it their best shot, they couldnt get a goal, they didnt lose and got a point on the board - unlucky lads fair effort, keep going, we're in this together. You honestly think booing is the better mindset?

Applauding them will tell them that 2 draws and 3 defeats out of 5 very winnable games is good enough. I want their confidence to be high and be told they're doing a good job on the road, but I don't want to give them a false sense of security.

And it should be completely irrelevant. They get paid thousands of pounds a week to do their job - they should be able to put up with a bit of stick.

If a customer complains about my work rate and ability at work, I don't think "Shit, what's the point of going on?" - I think, maybe I should buck my ideas up and improve how I do my job.

There is discontent and complaint in all areas of life. We don't tell clients and customers "Ssh. You're not allowed to complain" - we understand and get on with it.

And it should be completely irrelevant. They get paid thousands of pounds a week to do their job - they should be able to put up with a bit of stick.

If a customer complains about my work rate and ability at work, I don't think "s***, what's the point of going on?" - I think, maybe I should buck my ideas up and improve how I do my job.

There is discontent and complaint in all areas of life. We don't tell clients and customers "Ssh. You're not allowed to complain" - we understand and get on with it.

How stupid is that comparing your job to football? ITS A SPORT for gods sake, I cant believe you've said that part in the bold and compared it to a united football team giving it their all, collecting a point, and in the end unable to nick a goal, talk about taking things in the wrong context. The players will lose the drive to win if they are applauded off? MAYBE the players will be more determined to get 3 points for the fans in the next game to reward their loyalty, ever thought of that? Do you not trust Chris Hughton to do his job, and let him dictate to the players the standards they need to set? The money is irrelevant if they are giving it a good go, yes if they are taking the piss and showing no interest the booing & stick is justified, but we've clearly got a determined squad of players giving it their all, so whatever happens after that shoudlnt involve the reaction some gave yesterday - like I said, thats Hughtons job to tell the players we need to do better at home, which is obviously will be doing.

Sunderland 5-1, Aston Villa 6-0, Arsenal and Everton 1-0 - thats a united football team giving it their all, not a 0-0 and 1-2 against Fulham and Blackburn respectively.

It's completely the same - a job is a job at the end of the day, whether it's in sport or retail. If they believe that is a good enough performance, then there is no need to do any better and so we'll get the same standard every week and get 5 more home draws instead of 5 wins.

That's where our opinions differ, because I don't think they are 'giving it their all', because of the standard they set in other games - I expect the same level of performance that we gave against Arsenal, and we certainly haven't seen that in the last two home games.

I dunno if I trust Hughton to tell the players we need to do better at home - his comments in the post-match in the last two home games are that he has been happy with the performance from the players, so he obviously thinks our home form is ok.

Sunderland 5-1, Aston Villa 6-0, Arsenal and Everton 1-0 - thats a united football team giving it their all, not a 0-0 and 1-2 against Fulham and Blackburn respectively.

It's completely the same - a job is a job at the end of the day, whether it's in sport or retail. If they believe that is a good enough performance, then there is no need to do any better and so we'll get the same standard every week and get 5 more home draws instead of 5 wins.

That's where our opinions differ, because I don't think they are 'giving it their all', because of the standard they set in other games - I expect the same level of performance that we gave against Arsenal, and we certainly haven't seen that in the last two home games.

I dunno if I trust Hughton to tell the players we need to do better at home - his comments in the post-match in the last two home games are that he has been happy with the performance from the players, so he obviously thinks our home form is ok.

You do realise we're a newly promoted side with a limited squad yeah?

The way some were going on, you'd think we'd only lost one home game and people were booing :lol:

mate, it's fucking pathetic. the one's booing are the ones 'going on'. we're a newly promoted club sitting in 7th position in the premier league, anyone booing that is a cunt, and anyone who's stupid enough to ignore the bigger picture and boo a draw at home to a good team is a stupid cunt.

Hear hear.

Of course I do. But we're capable of at least one win against the five teams we've failed to beat at SJP this season - we haven't been promoted from League Two to the PL.

This idea that the players must be trying because we've won and not trying because we've lost is beyond ludicrous.

You say we tried and won at Everton Jonny, if Fellaini had converted his chance at the end and we'd got a point, does that mean we tried less? Seem to remember Yakubu also having a good chance at the end... if he'd put that away and they'd sucker punched us late on and sent us away with nowt, does that mean we'd tried less after all?

Howay man, I expect better from you. It's fuck all to do with effort and everything to do with being a newly promoted side who will have ups and downs, home and away (and missing at least two key players, arguably more).

This expectancy that we're just going to turn up and beat established well organised Premier League sides is part of the reason we're not beating them.

Of course I do. But we're capable of at least one win against the five teams we've failed to beat at SJP this season - we haven't been promoted from League Two to the PL.

Well then you'll realise its completely unrealisitc to expect the same standard of performance week in week out. The way your talking you'd think we'd failed to win at home this season and while two points from the five mentioned games is disappointing the fact we are playing so well away from home means we're still in a healthy position. We've shown we're more than capable of picking points up on a reglar basis this season, that's far more than I expected in August.

This idea that the players must be trying because we've won and not trying because we've lost is beyond ludicrous.

You say we tried and won at Everton Jonny, if Fellaini had converted his chance at the end and we'd got a point, does that mean we tried less? Seem to remember Yakubu also having a good chance at the end... if he'd put that away and they'd sucker punched us late on and sent us away with nowt, does that mean we'd tried less after all?

Howay man, I expect better from you. It's fuck all to do with effort and everything to do with being a newly promoted side who will have ups and downs, home and away (and missing at least two key players, arguably more).

This expectancy that we're just going to turn up and beat established well organised Premier League sides is part of the reason we're not beating them.

Good post.

Howay man, I expect better from you. It's f*** all to do with effort and everything to do with being a newly promoted side who will have ups and downs, home and away (and missing at least two key players, arguably more).

Did I say we should have won them all? No I didn't. I said I expected better, at least 1/2 wins out of those five. Wigan in particular are terrible, Blackburn were there for the taking.

And I'm not saying result = effort at all. I'm saying that I don't think the effort they put into Blackburn and Fulham was good enough. We played well at Arsenal and Everton, and against Sunderland and Villa at SJP. I don't think we played very well in the last half an hour yesterday - we were just hoofing the ball up to Carroll and hoping for the best - we couldn't get past them so we gave up.

You know what, fuck it. It seems I'm insane and 'deluded' for expecting us to play well and win AT LEAST ONCE against a few shit teams. I obviously expect us to win every game and win the league like.

Spot on. Booing them is shite, as soon as final whistle went i clapped them all off the pitch yesterday as i usually do.

Howay man, I expect better from you. It's f*** all to do with effort and everything to do with being a newly promoted side who will have ups and downs, home and away (and missing at least two key players, arguably more).

Spot on. Booing them is s****, as soon as final whistle went i clapped them all off the pitch yesterday as i usually do.

In fairness, I don't really think the booing was directed at the team but the woeful referee as he left the pitch.

Booing in general is a strange thing, if 1,000 people out of a 45,000 crowd boo it still sounds pretty loud. That will give the lazy press the story they want,  i.e. "they were booed off the ptch" etc, and not that 44,000 out of 45,000 didn't boo were probably content.

Spot on. Booing them is s****, as soon as final whistle went i clapped them all off the pitch yesterday as i usually do.

In fairness, I don't really think the booing was directed at the team but the woeful referee as he left the pitch.

Booing in general is a strange thing, if 1,000 people out of a 45,000 crowd boo it still sounds pretty loud. That will give the lazy press the story they want,  i.e. "they were booed off the ptch" etc, and not that 44,000 out of 45,000 didn't boo were probably content.

Booing intesified as the ref and the linesmen reached the tunnel.

Guest Heneage

Good post.

In some instances I agree but I think the lack of pressure they face away from home plays a factor.