This season's SJP atmosphere

Wullie
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Never going to happen unfortunately but there is no reason why it wouldn't work. There hasn't been a single instance of trouble with it in Germany as far as I'm aware. In Germany you get a ticket for a specific area like you do for a seat only you can fit more people in.

http://www.fussballtempel.net/uefa/GER/Auf_Schalke5.jpg

Never going to happen unfortunately but there is no reason why it wouldn't work. There hasn't been a single instance of trouble with it in Germany as far as I'm aware. In Germany you get a ticket for a specific area like you do for a seat only you can fit more people in.

http://www.fussballtempel.net/uefa/GER/Auf_Schalke5.jpg

Terracing 1/3 the size of that at the front of our stadium would do.

Was there ever a time where German grounds were all-seater? Going to be far harder to introduce when clubs have spent fortunes on their stadia, and also the fact it's been nearly 20 years since we last had standing in grounds the culture will be a lot different. Most fans in their 30s even won't have been to a match in paddocks in their adult life when you're talking 10,000s of fans around them.

Was there ever a time where German grounds were all-seater? Going to be far harder to introduce when clubs have spent fortunes on their stadia, and also the fact it's been nearly 20 years since we last had standing in grounds the culture will be a lot different. Most fans in their 30s even won't have been to a match in paddocks in their adult life when you're talking 10,000s of fans around them.

It wouldn't exactly cost fortunes to do but yeah it'd be going out the clubs pocket, but it's providing something an overwheling majority want, and it'd allow new stadiums to impliment standing sections. There's also various models of safe standing, I'm pretty sure most stadiums would have areas which would convert to atleast one safe standing method.

As far as I'm concerned there's not 1 good arguement against safe standing, not one. If the Germans can have it, if music fans can have it, and lastly if teams in lower leagues as well as rugby fans can have terraces (?!) then what the f*** is stopping us?

I've been to every home league game for the last 3 years and have never sat down once. If everyone stands up then there's nothing they can do.

It's still better when you have an area for standing as you can go anywhere in that area and meet your mates, it's not as easy when you have a seat number.

First 15 or so rows around the pitch would create some atmosphere like!

Surely the tickets would be £500 or so i reckon. :/

You get the atmosphere, the view and the standing. Love it if they brought back the Milburn Paddock!

I'd love this to happen. It wont though. All that needs to happen is for Liverpool to object and for the hillsborough disaster to be mentioned and that will stop the idea.

"Following the Hillsborough disaster it was right to take action against the old-style standing terraces. But modern developments mean that, as other countries have shown, it is perfectly possible to introduce safe standing into the stadia of Premiership and Championship Clubs - if the clubs want to and when stringent safety standards are met."

Hillsborough has nothing to do with safe standing. Hillsborough was due to old style terraces which were in poor condition and very badly managed. They're worlds apart.

http://www.bathlibdems.org.uk/news/000380/don_foster_mp_for_bath_introduces_the_safe_standing_bill.html

• 7 months later...

Think it will be better overall and sound better on the tele this year with where the singing section is

Hopefully the whole Gallowgate will sing together in tune, not just the SE corner.

Btw - the last thing people in other areas of the stadium will want, is a bunch of holier-than-thous coming from Level 7 telling them all to stand up and "sing their hearts out for the lads". As there'll be a potential for bother, which I can see happening.

Btw - the last thing people in other areas of the stadium will want, is a bunch of holier-than-thous coming from Level 7 telling them all to stand up and "sing their hearts out for the lads". As there'll be a potential for bother, which I can see happening.

Of course it'll happen. I can't stand it either :lol: