Bolton 5 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/11/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

Really interested to see what Hughton is gonna say about this.

Really just no excuses for it, absolutely terrible.

He'll say nothing of interest at all. As always. Just leave everyone to stew and wonder.

Enrique's been good going forward, but he's defending like the type of person who has a favourite flavour of window.

Enrique's been good going forward, but he's defending like the type of person who has a favourite flavour of window.

Jose was dog s*** today.

Most of the good things we did going forward came from either him or Carroll. I'm telling you, we need to start playing him at left wing rather than left back.

Amusing joke. And play who at LB exactly?

Jonas of course world cup quality full back  O0 in all seriousness though he just had an off day as fifa always says form is temporary class is permanent  :lol:

Playing devils advocate, you can make a very strong case for Hughton not getting the job for a few more years.

Not that strong.

Should the mackems have sacked Bruce after the 5-1?

Or should we have given Hughton a ten year contract after the 5-1? It's one match.

No and I can't remember saying that either.

for elmander's goal when he outmuscles colo, had it been carroll doing that for us, it would've been a nailed on freekick for bolton. ref pissed me off all game. dickhead.

That sounds about right. The twat fouls Colo twice in that run, which is why Colo went out for retribution. I understand when two big lads run at it full pelt there will be contact, but Colo should've gone for the ball rather than let it bounce. Fair do's I suppose for making the wrong decision.

Guest michaelfoster

Awful

Krul - 6

Enrique - 3

Williamson - 4

Coloccini - 2

Simpson - 4

Jonas - 5

Nolan - 3

Smith - 3

Guthrie - 4

Carroll - 6

Ameobi - 5

Guest Tall Striker

It's going to be a long, long winter.

Next three home games are Chelsea, Liverpool and Man City.

Presuming Chelsea beat us next week, the WBA game becomes huge.

Stupid to blame the referee. First one was a definite pen, second one was onside, third and fourth were poor defending, the 5th wasn't a pen but it hardly made a difference to the game.

Nolan, Smith and Guthrie were all atrocious. basically the fat threesome may as well not be on the pitch for all the cover they've given the defence, or the options they've provided for passes, or the support or creativity they've given strikers.

the pressure the defence has been under all match has been gargantuan - i mean literally every time bolton got the ball they were face to face with our last man after about 2 passes. in that situation our defenders, having to try and do things individually, have fucked up, made a hash of things etc all leading up to coloccini's two embarrasing fuck-ups, both of which are indefensible, one of which was cowardly in the extreme. but ultimately the prime cause of that is the three plodders in midfield.

and they've not offered any passing options for the defenders, hence enrique and jonas and colo faffing around too much amongst themselves, in turn putting yet more pressure on us, or aimlessly punting it long. i'm not excusing the defence - even with no protection you have to expect them to use iniative ,common sense and teamwork to deal with all the subsequent problems - instead they went into hiding. but the problems are caused in the first place by the cunts in midfield.

and then you think about the positive things those three have offered - well, guthrie, despite not looking like a professional footballer, has had one or two threatening touches, though these have been squandered far too cheaply. can't really remember anything positive that smith or nolan offered. useless.

for elmander's goal when he outmuscles colo, had it been carroll doing that for us, it would've been a nailed on freekick for bolton. ref pissed me off all game. dickhead.

That sounds about right. The t*** fouls Colo twice in that run, which is why Colo went out for retribution. I understand when two big lads run at it full pelt there will be contact, but Colo should've gone for the ball rather than let it bounce. Fair do's I suppose for making the wrong decision.

if carroll done it you'd be screaming he just muscled him out. colo also had a fist full of shirt at one point. he got mugged and had a shit game, just be honest.

Smith should never play again. Just play one of the kids - i don't care who. He's just a massive black cloud of talentless, directionless rubbish.

I never once noticed him today.

Okay, so I know Nolan has scored 7 goals this season. However, let's not fool ourselves he is an unbelievably shit midfielder. I mean just unbelievably so. Goalscorer, okay I will give him that, but just a crazily bad midfielder. Now to pair him with one of the greatest con artists English football has ever seen in Alan Smith, is just inexcusable really. "Look everyone I just slide tackled I'm committed and hard and give my all for the cause", fuck out of here with that nonsense. Awful decision by Hughton today. Stupid!

Andy Carroll the only one to come out of that game with any positives.

Terrible defending, terrible performance and terrible substitutions.

And Alan Smith was nothing short of pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. Nolan wasn't much better like.