Bolton 5 - 1 Newcastle United - 20/11/10 - post match reaction from page 32

Dave

To be fair, their second wasn't "that" offside.  Not like there was a gap between the players.

was walking away then turns round and pops it in whilst in an  still offside position 

He was "nearly" level when the ball was played. Not as clear cut as people are making out.

Jose's passing has been absolutely nonsensical. Definitely missing Tiote constantly showing for the ball, creating easier angles for the passes and taking on the responsibility of receiving the ball from the back four. Alan Smith is just dense. Pray everyday that Tiote doesn't get injured this season.

I'm guessing some of you didn't realise Bolton are better than us. Without Tiote and Barton it was always going to be a very tough game.

Yeah, but they're just handing it to them on a plate. It's pathetic.

True.

Enrique has cost us both, no idea what's up with the lad.

I know you hate him, but what? :lol: Enrique made Nolan handle the ball and made Simpson kick the ball into a Bolton player didn't he?

Also, maybe it really won't be that bad an idea to put Colo in Smith's position and bring Sol on.

Smith off asap. Nowt to lose.

yep. guthrie into the middle, routledge on the right.

Absolutely. We have turned round some games last (I know, in the CCC) and this season - but we won't get anything with Smith and Nolan as CM.

I'm guessing some of you didn't realise Bolton are better than us. Without Tiote and Barton it was always going to be a very tough game.

My head says this, but my heart says something along the lines of "MMmuUUueerrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh".

Frustrating because we played pretty well in parts of that half. The goals we've conceded were really ridiculous errors too.

That's life though. Hope we don't let our heads drop though. Second half comeback.

Guest GAMMELL

Abject 1st half performance, we continue in this vain and we're going to get thumped by 4 or 5.

Rout on, Smith off and put Guthrie int centre to shake things up

Dont see how the second goal was Enriques fault like it was Simpsons for not clearing

Enrique gave it away very cheaply, leading to the free kick

I'm watching the match and I don't know where the idea that we started well has come from.  We certainly didn't.  Nolan's handball wasn't blatant, but I'd have wanted it given if it was against us - he certainly used his forearm to move the ball away from Lee's head.  It was stupid and pointless, but for me, a penalty.

The second goal was VERY marginally offside, maybe by the length of Lee's foot, but the totally ridiculous defending was to blame.  Absolutely stupid.  Dawdled on the ball for ages, Colo just standing there, Simpson hoofing it off the Bolton man into the direction of Lee.  Embarrassing. 

We had a couple of decent chances throughout the half - Carroll's chance from a nice bit of Guthrie play was good, as was Carroll's opportunity off an Alan Smith flick-on (and Guthrie had a half-chance, too), but we look way off the pace set by Bolton.  They are working so hard, and we're not responding.  Jonas has been notably poor, Nolan not effective, even Enrique hasn't been as good as normal.  And Williamson's appeared to headbutt Elmander early in the half - the referee didn't see it, but video replays looked awfully bad.  Wouldn't be surprised if the FA get involved.

Don't see much of a way back.  We are deservedly 2 goals down.  Very frustrating to watch.

Is smith even on the field? He doesnt help going forward nor defending... And Nolan isnt much better, is he maybe marking smith out of the game?  Take out smith, in with routledge, and put Guthrie in the middle of the park(should have had Vuckic now)

I'm watching the match and I don't know where the idea that we started well has come from. We certainly didn't.

I watched it, and we were the better side up until the penalty. They barely had a touch. Think you're letting hindsight cloud your opinion there tbh.