Newcastle United v Chelsea - MATCH IS ON

Guest Tall Striker

Am surprisingly confident on this, not on a win or draw, but on a canny showing. Sol coming in may become a blessing. Tiote's back as well. Carroll is still a beast, top scorer I believe. And they have midweek, plus 2 losses behind them.

Krul

Simpson - S Taylor - Campbell - Enrique

Routledge - Tiote - Nolan - Jonas

Carroll - Ameobi

i like williamson, but he's been off key recently and today gives an excuse to try taylor/campbell. can't predict how this will go.

we do badly at home, but are prone to slaughtering someone. we win when we shouldn't. chelsea are horrific at the moment, but will they really lose 3 in a row? then again, they've got no terry, alex (maybe), essien or lampard.

i think we'll win 1-0.

On the Alex/Terry thing - Alex needs surgery but they've put it off for a week so he could play today, then when Terry is back in midweek they'll cart Alex off for surgery. Terry's injury is one that can flare up from time to time so they can risk him as he could be absolutely fine (or he could be fucked..)

Krul

Simpson - S Taylor - Campbell - Enrique

Routledge - Tiote - Nolan - Jonas

Carroll - Ameobi

i like williamson, but he's been off key recently and today gives an excuse to try taylor/campbell. can't predict how this will go.

we do badly at home, but are prone to slaughtering someone. we win when we shouldn't. chelsea are horrific at the moment, but will they really lose 3 in a row? then again, they've got no terry, alex (maybe), essien or lampard.

i think we'll win 1-0.

I agree BUT can we risk starting 2 CB's that are so out of match fitness and never played alongside each other.

I would start Willi & Sol

--------------Krul

Suimo---Sol-----Willi-----Jose

--------------Tiote

------Guth----------Nolan

Rout-----------------------Jonas

-------------Carroll

Would love you to beat them and really rock their ship but just can't see it. It sounds as though Terry will be back, albeit Alex, Lampard and Essien will be out so you'll be playing a far from full strength Chelsea side. Can just see Chelsea nicking it 2-1, and for them to surge once more with the latter two of their absentees coming back. I think you'll give a spirited performance, however. Performance doesn't get you points but would you 'take' that or do you think you should be getting something here?

The only thing that is making the idea of this bearable for me is that my sister is going to her 3rd ever game. She hates football but also hates it when Newcastle lose as everyone around her is depressed, so she's going to be utterly miserable. :snod:

2-9

Bringing all my Chelsea supporting tribe up for this one. I am prepared for the misery of listening to them on the train home after we've lost. I hope the crowd get behind the team as we seem to play better when we are under less pressure.

I think a close fought defeat, maybe 1-3, with them getting the two winners in the last 10 minutes.

Would love you to beat them and really rock their ship but just can't see it. It sounds as though Terry will be back, albeit Alex, Lampard and Essien will be out so you'll be playing a far from full strength Chelsea side. Can just see Chelsea nicking it 2-1, and for them to surge once more with the latter two of their absentees coming back. I think you'll give a spirited performance, however. Performance doesn't get you points but would you 'take' that or do you think you should be getting something here?

We really have to be looking to capitalise on Chelsea's weakened line up, they've shown they struggle without Lampard and Essien. If we're at it from the off ala Villa/Sunderland I see no reason why we can't turn them over. Regardless of the result we need a performance after this afternoon though.