Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Is Lewis Cook any good?

I've been saying Welbeck is fucking average ever since I first saw him play, and here he is still getting in the England squad. At least his mediocrity doesn't stand out so much anymore.

A fully fit first 11 isnt actually that bad:

Shit keeper

Walker    Stones  Lascelles    Rose

Dier      Wilshere

Sterling          Lallana          Rashford

Kane

Its just the everything around them thats utterly average/ shit.

A fully fit first 11 isnt actually that bad:

s*** keeper

Walker    Stones  Lascelles    Rose

Dier      Wilshere

Sterling          Lallana          Rashford

Kane

Its just the everything around them thats utterly average/ s***.

serious lack of playing time recently for Stones, Rose, Lallana, Rashford (until a week ago): I'd play Alli and Shelvey for Wilshire and Lallana

Looking at the likes of Livermore & Cook, you can't blame someone for wondering why the far more talented Shelvey isn't in there, but it's all a bit meh really isn't it. Southgate probably has a defensive approach in mind and doesn't see Shelvey as someone who fits that as well as Cook for instance (although I disagree).

It's good to see Tarkowski in though, could have just as easily have been our captain but either way it's good to see a lesser known lad who hasn't been involved in past England setups included :thup:

What exaclty is Joe Gomez's point in the squad?

He's been pretty good in a back 3 to be fair to him.

Got it, he's more of a fullback, traditionally but plays in the back 3.

Aye played well last match.

---

More broadly you could probably put a rolling paper between Tarkowski, Mawson and Lascelles this season and all will probably struggle more not playing in a defence focused side.

Aye played well last match.

---

More broadly you could probably put a rolling paper between Tarkowski, Mawson and Lascelles this season and all will probably struggle more not playing in a defence focused side.

Agreed. Out of curiosity, do you consider Maguire to be better or worse than that group then?

Would have loved to have seen both Shelvey and Lascelles in there. I think they both deserve it. That is through rose tinted specs though.

Lascelles was likely the more deserving but there is a lot of competition. I think its a bit silly not to have taken him to have a look though, that is what friendlies are for. He is a great leader and very vocal. Maybe he would add something different in the dressing room and squad. Guess we won't know now until after the world cup.

Shelvey still has a lot to prove in terms of discipline and 3 great performances don't really make up for a lot of ill disciplined and poor ones. While Jamaal is the more deserving of the two Shelvey is till the more likely to get on the plane. Simply because he offers something different to our other midfield options I think he is still in with a shot for the summer but that will depend entirely on keeping his form consistent and improving from now until season end.