Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Germany are obviously one of the favourites, but I don't find that team as good as the one in 2014. Loads excellent players, but not really one player apart from Kroos that can be considered a top 3 in their position at the moment.

Germany are obviously one of the favourites, but I don't find that team as good as the one in 2014. Loads excellent players, but not really one player apart from Kroos that can be considered a top 3 in their position at the moment.

It's been obvious for a while now that's the case tbh, i know friendlies and qualifying doesn't mean much when it comes to the actual tournament but still it was pretty obvious they dropped off.

Trouble is i struggle to think of a team other than Brazil who i believe in to stop them.

It's been obvious for a while now that's the case tbh, i know friendlies and qualifying doesn't mean much when it comes to the actual tournament but still it was pretty obvious they dropped off.

Trouble is i struggle to think of a team other than Brazil who i believe in to stop them.

Spain surely has to be able to beat them. Spain, Germany and Brazil  are the three strongest teams and favourites, but on a good day Belgium, France and Argentina could all beat any of those three. Despite the great thing about overachieving teams, I'd love if the best teams made it to the quarter-finals. Could be such amazing matchups in the quarterfinal.

Spain has the ability, i just can't get past their performances at the last two tournaments tbh. In general i like to see something before i believe in it, that maybe too safe but that's how i feel with most things in sport.

Having said that i'm looking forward to the World Cup more than i have for a while, mainly because i've become disillusioned with club football at the very top as talent is less spread out than it ever has been IMO. Which for obvious reasons the WC won't suffer from.

ITV:

Joining presenter Mark Pougatch on the plane to Moscow to lend their experience and expertise to ITV’s tournament coverage will be Gary Neville and regular pundits Ryan Giggs, Roy Keane, Ian Wright and Lee Dixon as well as England women’s striker Eniola Aluko, former French international Patrice Evra, Celtic and Sweden legend Henrik Larsson, Republic of Ireland manager Martin O’Neill, former Croatia and West Ham boss Slaven Bilic, and Euro 2016 final referee Mark Clattenburg.

ITV is looking forward to bringing viewers a veritable borscht of football with all the action, drama, colour and atmosphere from across Russia. Presenter Jacqui Oatley, reporters Gabriel Clarke and Seema Jaswal, commentators Clive Tyldesley, Sam Matterface, Jon Champion and Joe Speight as well as co-commentators Glenn Hoddle, Ally McCoist and Iain Dowie will also be on the ground and in the stadia throughout the tournament.

:lol: Only just noticed that Troisi is going for Australia again. And that he's 29.  :yikes:

He's one of the very few locally-based players to be selected.

He has been stinking up the A-League for years. Every time I watch him, he's fucking terrible - which is great, because if I'm watching him, it means I'm watching Sydney play Victory, and we're usually winning :lol:

:lol: Absolutely fucking sickening that we didn't make it. Getting madder as the comp approaches.

Help me spite-support Mexico.

Xoi1y8H.gif

:lol: I can't do it. I love hating Mexico in a playful I don't have a red hat kind of way, it'd be a disaster if they won it.

Might support Iceland or some shit.

You'll always have fanny-cam to enjoy Mike.

:lol: Isn't that gone? I feel like Euro came and went without one single absolute stunner spotted in the stands.

:(

I didn't see a lot of the Euros. Depends on the main broadcasters probably. You'd hope the Russians were more in sync with the Brazilians than the French were regarding this issue.

:lol: Absolutely fucking sickening that we didn't make it. Getting madder as the comp approaches.

Help me spite-support Mexico.

Xoi1y8H.gif

:lol: I can't do it. I love hating Mexico in a playful I don't have a red hat kind of way, it'd be a disaster if they won it.

Might support Iceland or some shit.

I always kinda liked Mexico, plus there is a good Mexican restaurant near me where I intend to watch as many of their games as possible. Also, their group is ace.

[emoji38] tbh, The spanish broadcast of the WC is going to definitely be pretty Mexico heavy. I can see the merit.

What about Argentina, though? Messi's last WC?

I've basically been supporting Argentina for the last 2/3 years for this very reason [emoji38]

:lol: tbh, The spanish broadcast of the WC is going to definitely be pretty Mexico heavy. I can see the merit.

What about Argentina, though? Messi's last WC?

I am still English, however much I love Ossie and Ricky :lol:. Our last war was rather more recent than the Mexican-American. Also, and I realize this is out-dated and petty, I have never felt comfortable with the HGH. Also also, there isn't even Lamela to support, slightly surprisingly.

There is usually a middling South American side that I get behind. I also always get Mexico in the sweepstake. I'm a citizen of Australia, the UK/England, and the US now, and so there's always two or three teams I have to support. Also Russia have the best anthem, although I usually root for the home team to get embarrassed.

You never know who you're going to get a soft spot for until the whole things starts. My money's on Iran or Morocco from Group B, or Colombia/Senegal from Group H.