Not worthy of a thread - 2018 FIFA World Cup edition

OzzieMandias
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

98's always the one that sticks out for me. Reckon this has, against all expectations, comfortably been the best one since then at least. Just hope we don't get France grinding out a 1-0 win again to round it off.

Guest firetotheworks

This is miles better than '98 like, there's absolutely no contest whatsoever in terms of football quality. Nostalgia probably comes into it though.

It was horrible due to the vuvuzelas, but I enjoyed certain matches more in '10 than '14 where the 7-1 is basically the only thing I remember - and it's only four years ago, hence why I put that last. They were both horrible though.

'14 was absolutely fucking brilliant man ye mad cunt.

The groups were great in 2014 but the knockouts, other than 7-1, were dull as fuck. This has been the best World Cup in my lifetime, no question.

Guest firetotheworks

'14 was absolutely fucking brilliant man ye mad cunt.

The groups were great in 2014 but the knockouts, other than 7-1, were dull as fuck. This has been the best World Cup in my lifetime, no question.

The groups played a huge part though, certainly better than '10, and '02 overall at the very least.

Agree that this has been the best I've seen. I've absolutely loved it.

Bump for this slightly premature review of the tournament as I thought it was funny even at the time. :lol:

i think it's been an average WC at absolute best with a few games that have elevated it in people's minds to being better than it is

por-esp

ger-mex

peru games have been enjoyable and a few others dotted about

arg - cro good for the croatian performance and unbelievable shitness of the argies

there's been as much dross as there has quality basically

Bump for this slightly premature review of the tournament as I thought it was funny even at the time. :lol:

i think it's been an average WC at absolute best with a few games that have elevated it in people's minds to being better than it is

por-esp

ger-mex

arg - cro good for the croatian performance and unbelievable shitness of the argies

Tbf to Mojo, I remember that comment and it was at a time in the group stages where we had 2/3 days where the quality and drama in matches dropped off significantly after a flying start. It of course went on to continue being a sensationally entertaining tournament. I've absolutely loved it.

How would people feel about fucking off the Euros and the other shite and having bi-annual World Cups?

I'm gutted that I have to wait 4 fucking years before the next one :lol:

8 years for a Summer one

por-esp

ger-mex

Tbf to Mojo, I remember that comment and it was at a time in the group stages where we had 2/3 days where the quality and drama in matches dropped off significantly after a flying start. It of course went on to continue being a sensationally entertaining tournament. I've absolutely loved it.

haha tough crowd wullie, stand by that at the time but it's ended a very good tournament :thup:

Gutted it's all over, been a fantastic tournament. I've seen every tournament since USA '94 as this has easily been one of the best. Even England managed to put together a decent run for once. Seeing us finally win a World Cup penalty shootout was probably the moment of the tournament for me then following that up by breezing past Sweden to finally win a quarter final again after failing at that stage so often. Just been unreal.

Feel utterly lost now, no idea what to do with myself :(