West Brom 3 - 1 Newcastle United - 05/12/10 - post match reaction from page 38

Dave

Absolutely shocking display. Have always liked Guthrie but it's getting to the stage where he's completely indefensible.

Same with Shola - fucking horrific first half. Carroll was nearly as bad. Actually, it's pointless picking out individual players, they were all shit.

Thought WBA were very average but we were awful.

Rotten team performance, looked like relegation fodder. Fortunately we have big players to come back in, today we were essentially a reserve team (the type of team we'd have used against a lower league team in the Carling Cup) and we looked like it.

This "group of lads" have to start getting serious about things again.

Got straight in from work and stuck this on Sky+, wish I hadn't bothered.

Absolutely toothless performance, and there are no excuses for it. We're supposed to be 'in form' away from home and whilst the excuses for most defeats this season have been 'well we're a newly promoted side' 'we're not as good as we used to be' etc. etc., this is the one team we should arguably be better than.

They should all hang their heads in shame. Terrible defending, non-existent attacking.

Been out all day crimbo shopping with the misses, and I come back to this s***.  f***ing mint weekend this like.

Don't watch the highlights mate. Just accept that we lost badly and leave it at that. Trust me.

I can accept defeat like, just pissed off the usual suspects decided not to show up again. Why was Barton not playing btw?

Guthrie

Routledge

Ameobi

Loven

Perch

Smith

Need to go over the next few windows and we need least 3 decent quality players in Jan to stay up imo.

Taylor

Campbell

Simpson

Carroll

Jonas

Tiote

It's not like they ^ were fucking outstanding.

I'll say again for the Shola haters - I think the lad has been carrying an injury for the last 2-3 weeks.

Good for him, if it helps him justify his actions.

But he's a cunt.

Guest neesy111

I'll say again for the Shola haters - I think the lad has been carrying an injury for the last 2-3 weeks.

It's blatantly apparent that he is.

Injury or not Shola has proved time and time again that he is shite man. Im sick of waiting for him to hit form and for him to finally be the player we had hoped for years ago. The fact is he is simply not good enough, injured or not the likes of Ameobi should be no where near the starting 11.

Yeah, Simpson was as poor as Shola. :lol:

Bar Tiote and Enrique, it was a terrible performance across the board. I don't really care that Simpson put a couple of decent crosses in, or that Shola was toothless and pathetic - we lost badly, they all deserve 4's.

Shola and Guthrie were the stand out worst players.

Rest of team didn't do much better tbh.

Hughton got his tactics totally wroing by allowing them to march upfield until last third without any effort in pressuring them...

A ball playing team has to be pressured from the back to stop them getting into their game.

Crap from everyone! What a sickener!

Knew it as soon as Barton announced out, they probably did aswell...

Think Jonas is coming in for a lot of unwarrented stick. He was as bad as anyone first half buy was probably our most creative in the second. Doesn't say much like.

Campbell tbh.

Seriously, he split the defense more than Jonas and Guthrie did.

Guest neesy111

Think Jonas is coming in for a lot of unwarrented stick. He was as bad as anyone first half buy was probably our most creative in the second. Doesn't say much like.

Campbell tbh.

Seriously, he split the defense more than Jonas and Guthrie did.

Yeah he did actually.