Newcastle v Liverpool Pre-Match Thread - 11/12/10 at 5.30pm (live on ESPN)

Beren

Guest TrueToon

I'm always optimistic, I think in theory our players should go out there and play their hearts out after last weeks apalling show.

They are grown up enough to put a sacking behind them and crack on and earn their wages.

Hughton isn't dead, Thats what  all the interviews have sounded like this week...

I've got great respect for Hughton, he did a superb job here, But now its done and if the players go out there today and play like they did against West Brom with no heart etc then thats their fault, Not Pardews...

I know for a fact that if we lose this game that it's another excuse for people with no brain to start having a go at Pardew again...

Lets hope the player perform, If they do, We have a chance, We have all seen it! Against Arsenal we played to our true ability and we beat them, same against Chelsea and we drew, Sunderland And Aston Villa too.. That is the kind of performance we need today, We are well capable of it!!

If he wins this then fairplay but I just have no excitement with this guy in charge. I just know it will end in tears and we'll be in the same situation the last time we were in the prem.

The parallels is what makes me depressed.

- Promising manager driven out early on.

- Replaced by a drab dickhead.

- Ashley panics and installs a popular choice far too late and we go down.

Who's gonna be in charge of this game? Beardsley as previously said or Pardew?

I believe Pardew is in charge, with Beardsley and stone assisting this week, till he brings in his own numptys next week. They said Beardsley was taking control of first team duties (i.e training etc) until the new manager was appointed, which he now has....

Not looking forward to going this afternoon, haven't felt like this since relegation season, hope that's not a sign?!?! :o

Gerrards out, Carraghers out. Liverpools defence n keeper are dodgy. IF the players are up for it, we can win this one, wouldnt blame them if they're not.

Does that mean kyrgiakos will play?  Not the greatest but very good in the air.

Guest NewBoyPeetah

I think that Liverpool are there for the taking and had Chris been in charge or we had a full strength back four I'd have been quietly confident of something positive happening.

With Pards in charge who knows? I hope the players can just get on with it and knuckle down. Let's have the old new manager guaranteed win thing today. Or does that only apply to popular managerial choices? Also I hope he doesn't pick Perch (if he's fit)

hopefully the players have had a get together akin to the post-leyton orient one - they can't feel sorry for themselves and should do it for chris - whatever their feelings for Pardew he is the manager and they have to go out and impress him. there's also the fact that everyone expects us to lose this one easily and that itself should be a good motivation for our lot.

I have a feeling that we might sneak this. Whether or not the players like Pardew they will  be motivate to prove themselves coz they know that everyone will start on a clean slate again. Let's face it, over the last 2 games, some players (Jonas, Enrique, Ameobi...etc) have all became a bit complacent knowing that their 1st XI place is mostly safe. But today I suspect we will play a high tempo game which should knock Liverpool's game off. If we are lucky we even see Amobi do a bit of running and chasing. The fact that Gerrard is not playing is also useful of course. Or we could be thumped 6-0  :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Pardew better not be paraded in front of the crowd

This regime has no sense so I would not be surprised if he was. I hope he is to be honest.