*OFFICIAL* HUGHTON SACKED

Skirge

Imagine us selling Carroll, that would be something to watch.

would far worse than sacking hughton as bad as that is because we'd drop like a stone, struggle to see us picking up barely anymore points without carroll leading the line as the replacements are nowhere near good enough and hes scored nearly all our goals lately

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

The forum has gone totally bananas tbh

New thread for every thought kind of bananas.

Where was all these thread starters during the Keegan gate? can't seriously remember that farcial to be this tense tbh

All out 'boycoutting' weren't we - duh.

Hollyberryboo Holly Louise

I have it on good authority that Hughton is gone because he didn't agree with MA's plan to flog AC to Chelski in Jan #nufc @nufcfans

Hollyberryboo Holly Louise

@

@pol_85 it's came from Nile Ranger, so it could be... Apparently the price on his head is 10 million

;D

Well, that's that then.

Who knows with this owner, just who knows.

Weird that Williamson and Ranger both been offerred longer contracts.  Coloccini is the biggest earner here after all and also Carroll is the most saleable asset

Guest firetotheworks

Shepherd really is an embarrassing twat, with no knowledge of football whatsoever, 'nice guys don't win'?! What a total know-nothing.

I got the tiniest bit of satisfaction today when I canceled my NUFC TV account. They ask you why you are canceling, and one of the options is "Other" with a blank text field. So I typed in "Mike Ashley." Made me feel marginally better about the whole situation. Sigh.

Guest magpie99

I feel extremely sorry for Chris Hughton and fail to understand the logic in this decision at all especially when you consider the quality of his replacement mooted. I can only think there has been a lot more happening behind the scenes than what we, as fans, are privy too.

Perhaps Ashley feels that a sudden dip in form over recent weeks allied to the fact that the team has failed to beat sides of similar or lesser quality than ourselves at home regularly this season as a contributing factor to CH departure. Personally, I feel we should be beating the likes of Blackpool, Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan and Stoke at home but these results could beputting our position in this league in jeopardy.

The fact Hughton's contract and the failure of the club to replace Calderwood must have some sort of influence on this final decision. Recent away results at Bolton and WBA were abysmal and if the truth was known, the draw at home againsat Chelsea was relatively lucky considering the number of chances they missed.

I live in Oz and whilst I dont get the opportunity to watch any games live, I do get to see all games live on TV here. Having watched us being totally out played, especially in the first half, by WBA and ruthlessly exposed by Bolton, performances on the park appear to be dwindling. The football I watched us play awayto Everton and WestHam was sensational but in recent weeks, we have reverted to long ball, thoughtless, aimless and uncoordinated  football resulting in our weaknesses being totally exposed. Unfortunately, Chris has paid the price for this with his job and maybe Ashley has realised that he hasdone just about as much as he has been able to do. However, the quality of his replacement is nothing more than on a par or less than what Chris has been able to offer.

I am afraid now that a steady decline over the next few weeks will see our club fall into the bottom 3 and from there, with the remaining fixtures, especially at home, I think we will find it difficult to avoid relegation, unless some serious investment is made in the team in January.

Let's not overlook that Coloccini, Williamson, Barton and Nolan were missing from West Brom, and Chelsea for that matter. Tiote was missing from Bolton IIRC. We've had a fair few missing these last few weeks and with a thin squad already it was always going to be hard. Don't know how people can criticise Hughton at all. He was undoubtedly the man to take us forward.

I feel extremely sorry for Chris Hughton and fail to understand the logic in this decision at all especially when you consider the quality of his replacement mooted. I can only think there has been a lot more happening behind the scenes than what we, as fans, are privy too.

Perhaps Ashley feels that a sudden dip in form over recent weeks allied to the fact that the team has failed to beat sides of similar or lesser quality than ourselves at home regularly this season as a contributing factor to CH departure. Personally, I feel we should be beating the likes of Blackpool, Blackburn, Fulham, Wigan and Stoke at home but these results could beputting our position in this league in jeopardy.

The fact Hughton's contract and the failure of the club to replace Calderwood must have some sort of influence on this final decision. Recent away results at Bolton and WBA were abysmal and if the truth was known, the draw at home againsat Chelsea was relatively lucky considering the number of chances they missed.

I live in Oz and whilst I dont get the opportunity to watch any games live, I do get to see all games live on TV here. Having watched us being totally out played, especially in the first half, by WBA and ruthlessly exposed by Bolton, performances on the park appear to be dwindling. The football I watched us play awayto Everton and WestHam was sensational but in recent weeks, we have reverted to long ball, thoughtless, aimless and uncoordinated  football resulting in our weaknesses being totally exposed. Unfortunately, Chris has paid the price for this with his job and maybe Ashley has realised that he hasdone just about as much as he has been able to do. However, the quality of his replacement is nothing more than on a par or less than what Chris has been able to offer.

I am afraid now that a steady decline over the next few weeks will see our club fall into the bottom 3 and from there, with the remaining fixtures, especially at home, I think we will find it difficult to avoid relegation, unless some serious investment is made in the team in January.

Top and bottom of it - Ashley wants a yes man and Hughton wasnt it. This aint about the football.

Guest magpie99

It is not a criticism of Hughton at all. We all know the depth of the squad is inadequate and when you also factor in long term injuries to Ben Arfa, Harper and Gosling, things could only get better.

However, the quality of the football on display and the basic lack movement off the ball, pressing the opposition when in possession was severely lacking against West Brom and that must be down to the tactics developed by the manager. All we seemed to do was liump it forward to Carroll and Ameobi and more often than not, giving up possession immediately. A far cry from our excellent performances at Everton and West Ham.

We basically have too many non PL players in our squad and that is due to the failure of Ashley to correctly fund the manager for promotion this year. If he doesnt give the new manager significant funds in January, then I fear we are heading rapidly downwards.

Guest magpie99

Tim

You are most probably right. However, when you look at most managers in the game, they are all yes men to a certain extent.

The major problem appears to be that Ashley is setting stringent plans for a manager to work to. These include signing cut price players who most of the time have little or no premiership experience whilst also relying on the younger players in the club to make an impact immediately. This is a huge ask for any manager and a risky business to undertake when you consider the financial meltdown associated with relegation. Ashley is taking a  huge gamble here.

We all know the days of big money signings are well and truly over but I am a bit mystified to understand how CH could have been expected to achieve any better than he has when you also consider he had no assistant, no coach, now we have no goalkeeping coach and so few people on his staff to support him. Pardew will no doubt be given the support he requires but will he get the funds in january?

Tim

You are most probably right. However, when you look at most managers in the game, they are all yes men to a certain extent.

The major problem appears to be that Ashley is setting stringent plans for a manager to work to. These include signing cut price players who most of the time have little or no premiership experience whilst also relying on the younger players in the club to make an impact immediately. This is a huge ask for any manager and a risky business to undertake when you consider the financial meltdown associated with relegation. Ashley is taking a  huge gamble here.

We all know the days of big money signings are well and truly over but I am a bit mystified to understand how CH could have been expected to achieve any better than he has when you also consider he had no assistant, no coach, now we have no goalkeeping coach and so few people on his staff to support him. Pardew will no doubt be given the support he requires but will he get the funds in january?

Aye thats true, think the problem is he probably wants to sell players like Enrique & Carroll, and going off the reports it seems he sticks his ego into team selection, Aand generally has no interest in climbing the table, just being in the Premiership is enough until a buyer comes. Obviously he's put that at risk now though.

Guest magpie99

He cannot afford relegation therefore he cannot afford to sell our better players.

I am banking on him hoping we avoid relegation this season and hope to sell the club in the summer.

In the meantime, he can afford to watch the offers come in for Carroll in particular as the top teams try to outbid each other for him. I can see Carroll being sold next summer for 30 million pounds as a late grab for money prior to the sale of the club.

He cannot afford relegation therefore he cannot afford to sell our better players.

I am banking on him hoping we avoid relegation this season and hope to sell the club in the summer.

In the meantime, he can afford to watch the offers come in for Carroll in particular as the top teams try to outbid each other for him. I can see Carroll being sold next summer for 30 million pounds as a late grab for money prior to the sale of the club.

this needs to be posted in every thread when people mention him selling: the club won't be sold because ashley is clearly fucking deluded, can you imagine if a Qatar sheik or whatever turned up tomorrow?  ashley would be looking for 300m+ or whatever

no way he cuts his losses, no way, so he'd try and fleece them and they'd move onto the next PL club on the list (assuming we'd even be near the top of any list)

we might, might, get some radgie such as those that bought man city but it'd have to be very lucky indeed and i reckon would have happened by now if it was going to

stop dreaming, he's here to stay and it's going to be a cunt of a tenure imo

I can't believe they're starting the lies about who signed our best players again. Keegan / Bassong all over again. Fucking cunts.

Just the way they operate. Think they released those comments the day he was sacked.

Guest Geordiesned

Just read that Hughton was set to pick up North East Football Writers' Manager of the Year award on Sunday. Not going to happen now.