Alan Pardew

JH

How can anybody think he spoke well at all?

He got Hughton's name wrong, called Newcastle a town, declared that St' James' sits on top a hill and then proceeded to lie through his teeth about everything in the most blindly obvious manner possible. Saying he heard first on Tuesday about the job, saying he had to fight to get a 5.5 year contract etc... it's all mind-numbing bollocks. I thought he looked rightfully uncomfortable and almost apologetic that he'd ended up with the job. The man knows he's knee deep in a disaster waiting to happen, knows the fans and the players are going to hate him but also knows he's currently desperate for any kind of managerial job and knows that being puppet to Ashley's masterplan is his best option.

If he had any sort of brain he'd knew that it isn't a good masterplan to get a club relegated, though.

I've turned on this one. I think he spoke really well and I actually think he'll do a good job, I liked Hughton wasn't up to it if I'm honest with myself, let's get behind him and give him a chance!

Because of one fucking press conference?

I'm confused as to why he was making out that a number of things have not yet been resolved, such as transfer funds, staff and the targets over this year and his contract etc.

I can't believe this stuff isn't already agreed, so is he just blatantly lying? Or was he so desperate for the job that he took it without knowing the T&Cs? Not good either way tbh.

Thing is he was desperate to get back into football and like all managers with big ego;s (he has one don't be fooled but todays presser) taking on the challenge of a big PL club is basically too tempting. Wouldn't be surprised if the purse strings were loosened a tiny bit in Jan.

I've turned on this one. I think he spoke really well and I actually think he'll do a good job, I liked Hughton wasn't up to it if I'm honest with myself, let's get behind him and give him a chance!

Because of one f***ing press conference?

Hardly a groundbreaking press conference either was it :lol:

Either way you look at it, we got royally f*cked by Ashley and his cronies.  Comprehensively...definitively.  Every time Pardew shows his mug, it will be a grim reminder of the utter contempt and hubris with which they have been running this club.  While Ashley is here, he will continue to lay down the mines. 

There is now absolutely no reason to believe that it is ever going to get better under his regime.  The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

Because of one f***ing press conference?

Hardly a groundbreaking press conference either was it :lol:

Absolutely. Shearer's press conference was far more convincing for example.

Not happy Hughton was sacked not happy he was replaced with Pardew, really want Ashley gone he must sell BUT Pardew is here nothing I/we can do about that now.

I will back him I am not going to cheer for him, he has a LONG way to go before I will be happy he is here but we need to win games all we can do is hope he can help make that hasppen.

Guest Haris Vuckic

I've deleted all traces of that disgraceful post by Ridman btw. I don't want anyone else to see that garbage.

Good man.

Not happy Hughton was sacked not happy he was replaced with Pardew, really want Ashley gone he must sell BUT Pardew is here nothing I/we can do about that now.

I will back him I am not going to cheer for him, he has a LONG way to go before I will be happy he is here but we need to win games all we can do is hope he can help make that hasppen.

I'm not going to back him. He's got a big enough opinion of his own abilities, let's see him back that up with some results, then the support will take care of itself.

I'm joking lads, I detest the laying c*** and his spiv mates.

There'll be plenty who do turn upon hearing him spout cliched patronising soundbites though.

:thup:

This just made it worse for me. Just another thick footballer turned manager unable to articulate anything different. He even managed to fuck the clichés up.

There is now absolutely no reason to believe that it is ever going to get better under his regime. 

One manager I deeply respected, for another manager who I havn't got a clue about (in terms of how he'll manage us), but who knows what'll happen to be honest.

It's a sorry change and one I felt we could well do without (possibly because I now fear for us keeping on Ben Arfa, Enrique etc even more than the loss of Hughton), but in the end it's just one manager out, one in.

If he managers to keep the players on board, 'm happy to fight the despondancy and give him a chance.

Guest palnese

I've deleted all traces of that disgraceful post by Ridman btw. I don't want anyone else to see that garbage.

Good man.

:thup:

I was bemused by the signing of Leon Best (no impact in the lower leagues), flabbergasted by the signing of James Perch (couldn't get a regular place in the Forest team) and now I just don't know what to think on Pardew!!

If Pardew pulls it off it will be the biggest surprise ever, you can only wish him luck and hope he proves 99% of Toon fans wrong.