Alan Pardew

JH

Or how he was planning to get Carroll to sign a transfer request.

easy, turn him down when he asks for the wage he's worth

I don't think it would have taken anywhere near that. It's Beardsley all over again.

Meanwhile Blackpool manage to hold onto their star player, despite him wanting to go and clubs falling over themselves to get him. But they are such a big club compared to us...

Shite example, they were saved by the deadline.

Guest TheSummerOf69

I don't think it would have taken anywhere near that. It's Beardsley all over again.

Meanwhile Blackpool manage to hold onto their star player, despite him wanting to go and clubs falling over themselves to get him. But they are such a big club compared to us...

s**** example, they were saved by the deadline.

... by a couple of directors not signing the forms properly. Accidentally?

We have to call this now, not with hindsight, but I reckon their chances of staying up this year are better with him and our chances are worse than they were with Carroll - no hindsight necessary. It might not work out like that, but if we do go down can anyone really say that they were absolutely sure we'd be fine without Carroll or suitable replacements?

s**** example, they were saved by the deadline.

... by a couple of directors not signing the forms properly. Accidentally?

We have to call this now, not with hindsight but I reckon their chances of staying up this year are better with him, and our chances are worse than they were with Carroll - no hindsight necessary. It might not work out like that, but if we do go down can anyone really say that they were sure we'd be fine?

By all accounts Blackpool had all but let him go, it was Spurs who couldn't tie things up in time.

Of course our chances have taken a blow that was the risk of selling him so late in the day. We need to soldier on until the summer and hope our average pack of strikers currently at the club continue to muster enough goals between to see us through.

Yeah. How dare he let Carroll submit a transfer request? :rolleyes:

I'm not that gullible, even without Ashley being proven in court to lie to us as a default setting (and the stench of Pardew's odds tumbling while he insists he knew nothing), but...

even if we do take it that Pardew's an honourable man and Carroll was determined to bugger off, then Pardew's been incompetently naive in giving all those assurances and I still can't believe a word he says.

What was he supposed to say like? "Well we don't know, Andy might be sold if a massive offer comes along or if he decides he wants to piss off but hey ho, that's life!"

He was trying to give assurances to the squad and to the fans that they were doing everything to try and keep him. How was he supposed to know that Liverpool would turn his head and come in with a £35m offer.

He was supposed to say "I've put my reputation with the supporters on the line over this. He stays."

And then resign, as Keegan did.

The only way I'd begin to forgive him is if I was convinced that they'd turned hell and high water to convince Carroll to stay but that he was absolutely determined to go, come what may. And I'm far from that. Are you? Really?

Ok put it this way, should he instead have said we have no intention of player x leaving unless player x puts in a transfer request because the oportunity for him was too much to turn down? We wanted him to stay, but if a player wan't to leave, it has sod all to do with Pardew at that point, we just have to get as much for him as we can.

Despite all the quotes people have trotted out, not one of them shows Pardew in the bad light that you are trying to cast over him in my humble opinion.

Yeah. How dare he let Carroll submit a transfer request? :rolleyes:

I'm not that gullible, even without Ashley being proven in court to lie to us as a default setting (and the stench of Pardew's odds tumbling while he insists he knew nothing), but...

even if we do take it that Pardew's an honourable man and Carroll was determined to bugger off, then Pardew's been incompetently naive in giving all those assurances and I still can't believe a word he says.

What was he supposed to say like? "Well we don't know, Andy might be sold if a massive offer comes along or if he decides he wants to piss off but hey ho, that's life!"

He was trying to give assurances to the squad and to the fans that they were doing everything to try and keep him. How was he supposed to know that Liverpool would turn his head and come in with a £35m offer.

He was supposed to say "I've put my reputation with the supporters on the line over this. He stays."

And then resign, as Keegan did.

The only way I'd begin to forgive him is if I was convinced that they'd turned hell and high water to convince Carroll to stay but that he was absolutely determined to go, come what may. And I'm far from that. Are you? Really?

Ok put it this way, should he instead have said we have no intention of player x leaving unless player x puts in a transfer request because the oportunity for him was too much to turn down? We wanted him to stay, but if a player wan't to leave, it has sod all to do with Pardew at that point, we just have to get as much for him as we can.

Despite all the quotes people have trotted out, not one of them shows Pardew in the bad light that you are trying to cast over him in my humble opinion.

Exactly. It's any excuse to have a go at a manager that isn't liked/rated. Fact is, bar the reinvesting all of the £35m joke of a comment, he's come across brilliantly in this past couple of days and most are inclined to believe his side of events, mainly because they seem the most logical.

I don't think it would have taken anywhere near that, maybe just a promise for more than the pittance he was on and a continuation of the line that we wanted to keep him.  It's Beardsley all over again.

That had sod all to to with Blackpools resilience, and everything to do with Tottenhams arseing about trying to pull off one of their special last minute deals.

I don't think it would have taken anywhere near that, maybe just a promise for more than the pittance he was on and a continuation of the line that we wanted to keep him.  It's Beardsley all over again.

That had sod all to to with Blackpools resilience, and everything to do with Tottenhams arseing about trying to pull off one of their special last minute deals.

i'm sure spurs said it was lack of time that stopped them getting adam, makes you think a fee was,if not agreed, very close to being agreed.

Guest neesy111

Fact is I do not want the club paying carroll 50-60k at for 5 good months of good form.

The club was completely right to say your not getting a new contract, you signed a new one 2 months ago.  Simple as.

The club is bigger than any other player, Carroll clearly thought he could be by holding the club to ransom.  NUFC will still be here in 15 years time when Carroll is likely to have finished his career or be behind bars.

The club isn't blameless with the lack of communication etc, but when Carroll showed he thought he was bigger than the club then we are better off without him now.

I don't think it would have taken anywhere near that, maybe just a promise for more than the pittance he was on and a continuation of the line that we wanted to keep him.  It's Beardsley all over again.

i'm sure spurs said it was lack of time that stopped them getting adam, makes you think a fee was,if not agreed, very close to being agreed.

I'm sure the fee was agreed, Redknapp said the only thing that stopped it was the Blackpool board couldn't get in touch with 2 directors in time to sign the bloody thing. :lol:

Pardew says he asked him what he wanted and Carroll didnt reply but wtf is Pardew getting involved in wages for when it isnt his area but is it because he wanted to tell the M.D .

Guest neesy111

Pardew says he asked him what he wanted and Carroll didnt reply but wtf is Pardew getting involved in wages for when it isnt his area but is it because he wanted to tell the M.D .

Pardew wasn't involved in the wages bit though, Carroll asked him for a new contract.  Nothing about wages was talked with Pardew from what has been said.

Guest TheSummerOf69

its ok  to judge MA, DL and Pardew on their past and not trust them, but similarly what makes Carroll such an honest straight up trustworthy bloke?

It's unfortunate that we're stuck with the first three.

If Hughton had still been here I would trust him to accept the situation he's landed with and get on with the job but not to tell lies to back up the Chuckle Brothers. I don't trust Pardew in the same way 'cause he lied the minute he walked in the door.

there's been plenty of comments on the forum about "past form" when it comes to ashley lambiarse and pardew - rightly so i agree. but its been used to  judge their actions now and they're being deemed as being untrustworthy. all i'm saying is its not black and white and andy carroll - who i adored - isnt some innocent kid incapable of lying and acting like a conniving c**t. he's no saint.

If Ashley's going to be here then it's in everyone's best interests that he has a manager who he trusts and he can work together with. If he's going to be the owner, then that's the best chance we've got for stability and progress.

True but ultimately it'll come down to whether or not Pardew can handle being dictated to over players, fee's, contracts etc etc

I'd wager he's probably on a percentage of the profit if we sell the club for more than x whilst he's in charge which will incentivise him to;

a) go along with Mike/Dekka

b) stick it out

c) forget he's got any morals. Like he had any to start with.

This would happen to any manager, at any club, under any owner.

If Ashley's going to be here then it's in everyone's best interests that he has a manager who he trusts and he can work together with. If he's going to be the owner, then that's the best chance we've got for stability and progress.

True but ultimately it'll come down to whether or not Pardew can handle being dictated to over players, fee's, contracts etc etc

I'd wager he's probably on a percentage of the profit if we sell the club for more than x whilst he's in charge which will incentivise him to;

a) go along with Mike/Dekka

b) stick it out

c) forget he's got any morals. Like he had any to start with.

This would happen to any manager, at any club, under any owner.

I dare say working for Mike Ashley would be signficantly different than doing so with his peers. Just see the turnover of directors within Sports Direct for that.

Guest TheSummerOf69

at the press conference yesterday...

Journalist: “Can we believe anything the club ever says?”

Pardew: “What can I say?”

Journalist: ““No?”

Guest sicko2ndbest

I hate the way he says etcetera.

I am getting a bit tired of him asking a queation and then answering it himself?

Did we want Carroll to go? No? Am i happy about it? no

Will i be going into the boardroom asking for money? Yes i will thats my job

There are loads of examples of this

He said afterwards that we will need to find a new way of playing to get the best out of the strikers we have got. I would suggest hoofing the long ball against a team with a 7ft defender isn't the best way to go. Carroll got no change out of Hangeland at our place, what made Pardew think it would work with two big men at Fulham? Pardew had no answers the longer the game went on and Hughes did.