Alan Pardew

JH

Ferguson did well but could have very easily cost us a goal which he would have been ripped apart for.

If someone said before the game "Taylor right back" I doubt many would have complained. He had a shitter but he has played very well there before.

We are down to our bare arses, the selection could have been different but we still could have lost either way and Pardew would have been "wrong" because of it.

Err... I would have complained. :lol: I've posted my opinions on Taylor many, many times on here before - he's a very poor defender at this level.

IMO you don't change your starting back 4 unless prompted. Paid the price for that today. As for Lovenkrands on the right? Words fail me. On the flip side he seems to be getting the best out of Jonas and Besty and we're completely fucked in terms of injuries.

His decision to shoehorn Taylor into what had been a fairly consistent defence contributed significantly to handing Everton the goals.

and what's most worrying is he did that when he first got the job and hasnt learned from it

The way opinion changes after a victory and defeat on here is incredible! :lol:

I keep promising myself I won't come on after games but then I can't resist.

TBF, I guess individual opinions might not change that much, just the negative people come out after defeats and vice versa.

I disagree he is very poor, obviously at this very moment not many will agree because the last 2 hours is the entire history of Newcastle United until the next game.

He is like, and I'm not judging that off today, I've never, ever rated him. He backs off and doesn't have a clue when to actually make a challenge. The only things he has going for him as a defender are his physical attributes - he is strong and above-average in the air... His reading of the game and positional sense leave an incredible amount to be desired.

I disagree he is very poor, obviously at this very moment not many will agree because the last 2 hours is the entire history of Newcastle United until the next game.

He is like, and I'm not judging that off today, I've never, ever rated him. He backs off and doesn't have a clue when to actually make a challenge. The only things he has going for him as a defender are his physical attributes - he is strong and above-average in the air... His reading of the game and positional sense leave an incredible amount to be desired.

It's true, like. We'll never get anywhere with players like Steven Taylor consistently in the team.

Part of me wants to know the depressing statistic of how many games we've been in a leading position and not gone on to win the game under Pardew's brief tenure so far.

Part of me wants to know the depressing statistic of how many games we've been in a leading position and not gone on to win the game under Pardew's brief tenure so far.

4 out of 14.

It's true, like. We'll never get anywhere with players like Steven Taylor consistently in the team.

Still think Taylor is better than Williamson?

Still think Taylor is better than Williamson?

On this evidence, no. But there's not a great deal in it at CB.

Guest Mantis

What else could he have done? Apart from start Taylor right wing which is much the muchness.

He loaned out a right winger without replacing him.

We aren't supposed to discuss his abject failing in the team strenghtening dept in January.

What else could he have done? Apart from start Taylor right wing which is much the muchness.

He loaned out a right winger without replacing him.

We aren't supposed to discuss his abject failing in the team strenghtening dept in January.

Howay man, it took all his efforts to keep... oh.

Guest neesy111

Some kneejerk reactions in here again.  Could have done better with the subs and starting line-up but can't blame him for some of the dreadful defending for both everton goals.

Some kneejerk reactions in here again.  Could have done better with the subs and starting line-up but can't blame him for some of the dreadful defending for both everton goals.

You could blame him for the defending, he changed the defence.  :lol: