Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Chubby Jason

“I think if we win the most disappointed man with our result will be Sir Alex – I hope he chokes on his tea & dies if we win on Sunday!”

Harsh.

Guest BooBoo

At least we haven't got anyone out on loan that could have had significant first team minutes since january.... :doh:

Yeah, we've really missed Routledge's scintilating Premier League performances.

At least we haven't got anyone out on loan that could have had significant first team minutes since january.... :doh:

With more minutes on the pitch he might have got back some of his confidence and would have been a real asset to our side.

Irrelevant. Routledge would most likely have started a decent percentage of games since he went out on loan and would have featured in an even higher percentage. We've been crying out for a bit of pace late in a number of games. I only need to go back 24 hours to think of one such game. At least he would have been something for the opposition to think about. Pardew was saying that he basically had no one else to bring on at the weekend, he could have had Routledge (and even Xisco).

Guest BooBoo

With more minutes on the pitch he might have got back some of his confidence and would have been a real asset to our side.

Horseplop. The guy's been hopeless at every club he's been at in the Premier League.

Horseplop. The guy's been hopeless at every club he's been at in the Premier League.

Would rather have Routledge to bring on than no one. A player with a bit of pace could have lead to us killing the game at the Stadium of Light, getting something against Everton, Villa and Fulham and beating Bolton and Blackburn. Obviously I am not saying that all those results would have been affected but those are just the games I can think of off the top of my head that were crying out for someone with the assets Routledge has.

He is less hopeless than Ryan Taylor tbh.

Guest BooBoo

Would rather have Routledge to bring on than no one. A player with a bit of pace could have lead to us killing the game at the Stadium of Light, getting something against Everton, Villa and Fulham and beating Bolton and Blackburn. Obviously I am not saying that all those results would have been affected but those are just the games I can think of off the top of my head that were crying out for someone with the assets Routledge has.

He never once showed those "assets" this season though. Nor at Spurs, Villa, Fulham etc. Why would he suddenly become a terrific game changing player when there's very little evidence to support that theory?

Guest BooBoo

and without Carroll and quite alot other players through injurys/suspensions.

Me being serious.

Its a fair point to raise though. Injuries have been a lot harsher on Pardew than Hughton.

Officially a one point improvement on Hughton over 16 league games.

WAHEY ASHLEY - THE GAMBLE PAID OFF! :celb: :celb: :celb:

Impossible to compare the two. Thin squad= more injuries as the season develops. That burden fell on Pards and not CH.  And if I remember correctly Pards has been trough a tougher schedule. We cannot judge Pards before next season imo.

The old "he's hopeless" excuse doesn't really cut it when you take a look at our bench yesterday - in fact when you take a look at the fact we had to play our best centre half in midfield because of a lack of options.

Routledge clearly has a lot of talent, we've seen it and QPR are seeing it now, it's a case of getting him to use it at the top level, not just taking one look and hoying him out the window. Passing the buck and saying "well sorry, I can't do anything with this bloke", when he clearly has the assets to be an... asset is rank bad management.