Alan Pardew

JH

Guest Antec

Dot com are total mongs sometimes.

Do you think Pr-dew has any influence at the club?

Some yes, but I've never denied that he has to defer to Mike and Del. I just don't think that's a particularly rare situation in modern football, and that the alternative is either him leaving or constantly falling out with them, which is even worse.

Can't help but :lol: at that utter pile

No coincidence that those two are almost certainly the next highest earners at the club after Colo (staying put thank f***!), Barton (going), Nolan (gone) and Enrique (going)

Don't get too attached to Colo - he'll be off next summer.

Oh noes 3 of our highest earners are unarguably 3 of our best players. We must get rid!

He clearly has 0% say in incomings or outgoings. he might give a list of players he wants, but MA/DL will decide which ones make it (the cheaper ones). Pardew is basically just given a set of players to pick from. Imagine if he's here for another 2 years, that's 4 windows for that to be happening.

I don't see him getting sacked as well given that he was 100% their choice

Genuinely thought he'd be able to give it a real go for us, even as a puppet..

His lack of integrity is shocking though. Anyone with an ounce of decency would have walked by now.

He would come out and say that a player is correct to criticise the club in public? He needs discipline in the dressing room more than anyone.

What? Never said that, never alluded to it either. Decisions being made above his head, players being sold. It happens at most clubs, but on this scale is insane. They're making him out to look like an idiot with all his 'staying' comments.

Carroll isn't going anywhere, then he's at Liverpool. Nolan is his captain, now he's at West Ham. Barton's in his plans, now he's on the transfer list. They're making a fool out of him and he's just sitting and taking it.

Exactly.  How can the players have any confidence in the manager?  His opinion either does not count where the board is concerned or he is saying one thing in public and something else to the board.  He is purely there to coach the team and to try and keep the fans onside and deflect criticism away from the board.

His lack of integrity is shocking though. Anyone with an ounce of decency would have walked by now.

And if he walked out on the job he'd be criticized for not having the balls to fight, knew what he was getting into, blah blah blah. Pardew is certainly not to blame here.

Guest BooBoo

Pardew's one of the most irrelevant people at the club. His decisions are limited to picking the team and as it stands our team will pretty much pick itself this year due to our chronic lack of options.

Pardew's one of the most irrelevant people at the club. His decisions are limited to picking the team and as it stands our team will pretty much pick itself this year due to our chronic lack of options.

In recent years, people still got it wrong, though. Remember Joe Kinnear's substitues. :lol:

From com:

PS: Shortly before the Barton announcement, United confirmed their reserve squad for Tuesday's game at Gateshead - with senior pros Steve Harper and Alan Smith both named. That's two more players who dared to voice an opinion (notably when Chris Hughton was discarded) and now look like they'll be next to walk the plank.

To be fair they said after the Leeds game this would be treated more like a first team fixture, with the first team management taking it and Vuckic and Williamson both definitely playing as well. Would suggest their selection has more to do with game time rather than any conspiracy theories.

You need a spine to be able to walk.

(That sounded like a clever line to me but I don't know if it's medically correct)

He's not irrelevant if he's making promises to players that he's not in a position to keep, he's part of the problem.

Dot com are total mongs sometimes.

Do you think Pr-dew has any influence at the club?

Some yes, but I've never denied that he has to defer to Mike and Del. I just don't think that's a particularly rare situation in modern football, and that the alternative is either him leaving or constantly falling out with them, which is even worse.

Defer? Ha.

He's a fucking cum junkie man.

At least Kinnear appeared to try to do what he thought was best and pushed through the Nolan deal. Hard to see what Pardew has done, his fault or not.

How dare you imply that Joe Kinnear is not the worst manager in the history of human existence