Alan Pardew

JH

Just about sums it up no replacement for Enrique but use Ferguson instead  :idiot2:

Digging a deeper hole week by week going into that difficult second season ,one or two players coming in and that Barton and Enrique very possibly need replacing too  :thdn:

Him mentioning Coloccini is very significant IMO.

in what respect Dave?

that he is hinting he needs someone of more quality to play along side him?

that he is one of the people who have privately said that he is unhappy about the investment (or maybe as part of his duty as captain representing the team)

or somthing else?

in what respect Dave?

that he is one of the people who have privately said that he is unhappy about the investment (or maybe as part of his duty as captain representing the team)

or somthing else?

In that Colo is the new club captain, and as such is probably the least sellable of our key players (in theory...). The other day Pardew mentioned that some of the squad were getting restless and wanting new players through the door, him now specifying Coloccini is a deliberate effort to place more pressure on Ashley/Llambias IMO.

in what respect Dave?

or somthing else?

In that Colo is the new club captain, and as such is probably the least sellable of our key players (in theory...). The other day Pardew mentioned that some of the squad were getting restless and wanting new players through the door, him now specifying Coloccini is a deliberate effort to place more pressure on Ashley/Llambias IMO.

the risk with putting pressure on the board or mentioning timescales again (for about the 100th time) is that when it fails and there is no movement its him as a manager that gets more pressure put on himself. If your theory is correct it is worrying that he is now having to publically hint for movement in terms of transfers as other avenues have possibly fallen on deaf ears.

milesstarforth Miles Starforth

Alan Pardew says he'll make an 11th-hour decision on his starting goalkeeper for the season-opener against Arsenal shieldsgazette.com/sport/football… #NUFC

No Alan, you play the best keeper... Being Tim

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=pressure-is-on-me-admits-united-boss-alan-pardew%26method=full%26objectid=29187647%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pressure is on me, admits United boss Alan Pardew

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Aug 6 2011

ALAN PARDEW has admitted his Newcastle United players are "expecting" him to deliver new faces in time for next Saturday night's Premier League opener against Arsenal.

We lost three good technical players. Fergie was a blow as I wanted to look at him at left-back and see if he could offer to cover for Jose Enrique or play there.”

So they were hoping that Fergie would be Enrique's replacement after all.  :frantic:

who would have predicted that?

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=pressure-is-on-me-admits-united-boss-alan-pardew%26method=full%26objectid=29187647%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pressure is on me, admits United boss Alan Pardew

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Aug 6 2011

ALAN PARDEW has admitted his Newcastle United players are "expecting" him to deliver new faces in time for next Saturday night's Premier League opener against Arsenal.

We lost three good technical players. Fergie was a blow as I wanted to look at him at left-back and see if he could offer to cover for Jose Enrique or play there.”

So they were hoping that Fergie would be Enrique's replacement after all.  :frantic:

who would have predicted that?

pathetic isnt it

They need to come out with figures, financial statements of why what is happening is happening. That way more people may accept it as having to be done. Fans can't accept some people with a history of lieing saying shite like "we've spent a lot, you'd be surprised" ... they need to fucken show us.

They do not care for the supporters opinion so it wont happen, fans keep turning up so they don't care about building any bridges.

Some interesting quotes from Pardew. Very honest, and good to hear the situation laid down clearly for people.

"Clearly"? He has deflected every single question about finances since he told us the Carroll money would be re-invested in the team. As H09 says, we need the figures as things aren't adding up.

Some interesting quotes from Pardew. Very honest, and good to hear the situation laid down clearly for people.

"Clearly"? He has deflected every single question about finances since he told us the Carroll money would be re-invested in the team. As H09 says, we need the figures as things aren't adding up.

How are things not adding up if there are no figures?

We've had the accounts recently and know roughly how much comes in/goes out.

I'm not an expert on it but others who know more have said we could be breaking even this year and we still get the "we're so poor" act every window.

I'm not an expert on it but others who know more have said we could be breaking even this year and we still get the "we're so poor" act every window.

Sorry I was just being faecitious (sp?)

Apology not accepted. /ignorestevemc

Indeed - but we'll find out eventually is what I was trying to say.  Some communication would be nice at this stage - difficult to disagree with that.

Every time they communicate they antagonise the majority of fans - they're that fucking thick on the PR side of things that I'm happier when they shut the fuck up tbh.  A perfect example is today's pre-season friendly which they could have used for some healthy PR and made the game really cheap and about getting as many people, particularly kids, through the door as possible.  It rained anyway so probably best they didn't ( :lol: ), but yeah they're fucking thick and any communication that comes out sounds arsey and antagonistic and ungrateful and authoritarian, so I'm in no rush to hear any more from them.

Apology not accepted. /ignorestevemc

:anguish:

Indeed - but we'll find out eventually is what I was trying to say.  Some communication would be nice at this stage - difficult to disagree with that.

Every time they communicate they antagonise the majority of fans - they're that f***ing thick on the PR side of things that I'm happier when they shut the f*** up tbh.  A perfect example is today's pre-season friendly which they could have used for some healthy PR and made the game really cheap and about getting as many people, particularly kids, through the door as possible.  It rained anyway so probably best they didn't ( :lol: ), but yeah they're f***ing thick and any communication that comes out sounds arsey and antagonistic and ungrateful and authoritarian, so I'm in no rush to hear any more from them.

The trouble is they have lied so many times, how can we believe them if they start to communicate honestly.

Mind you Llambias can never refuse the opportunity to criticise the fams whenever the chance arises - not so shy of putting his name to statements then.