Alan Pardew

JH

1235: Sky Bet have cut Alan Pardew to 3/1 (from 14/1) to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post after a flurry of bets.

The Newcastle hierarchy placed midfielder Joey Barton on the transfer list at the start of the week and with rumours of discontent in the boardroom, Pardew could follow the star out of the door at St James’ Park.

The former Charlton manager took the job in December 2010 and after selling key player Andy Carroll in January and club captain Kevin Nolan at the end of the season fans have begun to question whether he is making the right moves in the transfer market.

:lol:

When I think of how tactically unappealing, annoying and ilogical I find a good deal of managers, I'm glad to have Pardew tbh.

Would love to see a list of these lies people keep banging on about (beyond statements that this player or that player is not leaving, which is pretty standard stuff for any manager imho).

I feel the same, but I've never got that far with that line of argument. For me he's a likeable person who is doing a decent job under pretty difficult circumstances. I don't think he has mislead us more than any other manager. Sometimes he can't tell the whole truth.

1235: Sky Bet have cut Alan Pardew to 3/1 (from 14/1) to be the next Premier League manager to leave his post after a flurry of bets.

The Newcastle hierarchy placed midfielder Joey Barton on the transfer list at the start of the week and with rumours of discontent in the boardroom, Pardew could follow the star out of the door at St James’ Park.

The former Charlton manager took the job in December 2010 and after selling key player Andy Carroll in January and club captain Kevin Nolan at the end of the season fans have begun to question whether he is making the right moves in the transfer market.

:lol:

1235: We've cut the odds on Alan Pardew to be the next manager to leave to 3/1 (from 14/1) following a flurry of random bets from nobody important.

Does this mean he'll leave next? Does it fuck. But bet on it anyway please!

MAY?

WTF does that mean? This is like a highschool gf/bf feud. FFS, both parties need to grow up, especially the board. Pardew seriously lacks a spine. Which respected manager would've put up with THIS much going on above his head?

Pretty poor press conference form the journo's like, surely they should have asked him about any new striker coming in.

I asked them for you

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@SkirgeyMKII Yes: but why would we Tweet stuff for the paper tomorrow? If we did, why would anyone buy it?

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Pretty poor press conference form the journo's like, surely they should have asked him about any new striker coming in.

I asked them for you

MsiDouglas Mark Douglas

@

@SkirgeyMKII Yes: but why would we Tweet stuff for the paper tomorrow? If we did, why would anyone buy it?

1 minute ago Favorite Retweet Reply

Cheers. :thup:

I'm very skeptical, I want to believe it, but I don't want to be a mug and believe the patter merchant Pardew. I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

He is telling the media Barton could have another chance because when Barton goes it makes it look like his decision.

It's similar to telling the media that Enrique has had an amazing offer because then when Enrique leaves we think he's turned down something great and the club made great attempts to keep him. Thankfully Enrique has told us otherwise.

I'm sure many will lap it up, Barton has a chance, we'll see. Take nothing for granted.

I'm very skeptical, I want to believe it, but I don't want to be a mug and believe the patter merchant Pardew. I think he knows exactly what he's doing.

He is telling the media Barton could have another chance because when Barton goes it makes it look like his decision.

It's similar to telling the media that Enrique has had an amazing offer because then when Enrique leaves we think he's turned down something great and the club made great attempts to keep him. Thankfully Enrique has told us otherwise.

I'm sure many will lap it up, Barton has a chance, we'll see. Take nothing for granted.

Yep, basically same as my current thoughts on this

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pardew:

“In terms of myself, I never really had any contact about this job or any other job.”

“Andy Carroll’s future... 100% he is staying here.... I guarantee while I am here he will be here.”

“I want Joey to stay... and that goes for all the other players, like Andy. They are not going. We want them to stay here, and that is something that we’re working towards.”

“In this window, Andy Carroll is definitely going nowhere.”

“There’s a no sale on Andy Carroll, which is probably the biggest and best news we’re going to have during the window.”

“I have said all along that Andy Carroll will not be leaving this football club, 100%.”

“They can put together what they like, he's not for sale.“

“It’s ridiculous. How many times do I need to say he’s not for sale? Well here it is one more time, he’s not for sale.”

"For the Newcastle fan, that is the most important message I can give today, that all that money will be used."

“When you sign somebody like Demba Ba or Sylvain Marveaux there are huge transfer fees involved in that."

“We have spent a fair amount on these three players in particular – more than the fans realise. I need to mark their card on that. If you are going to start adding up the money you will be way off the figures."

“Mike promised to put that back in the club. I know what the figure is and what has been spent on the training ground and everything will go back in the club."

“We are trying to locate one or two development players that cost more than you think."

“No-one is more keen for him [Enrique] to stay than me and we are trying to persuade him.”

"We’ve offered him [Enrique] a massive contract which he does not want to sign."

“Kevin was more than a captain and if I could have had him here over the next two years I’d have loved that?"

After Kevin Nolan, who had 2 years left on his contract, is sold and accuses Pardew of not trying to keep him.

“I want to say that because Mike and Derek’s backing has been very strong so far and I am pleased with it."

Keegan:

“It is not going to be reinvested is it, I think that’s obvious. As a Newcastle fan, if Carroll is the only one you are going to lose you have to be pretty thankful."

Doesn't really mean anything though does it?

If he's been told all those things himself, why wouldn't he say them?

Top and bottom of it really. Keegan was telling Xisco his vision for the club right up to before he left, he was saying Milner would be replaced, etc.

The point is he's saying all this then (seemingly) getting hung out to dry constantly then must face the media to try and explain "himself". I know football/real life analogies rarely translate but if our boss was doing a similar thing to us we'd quit.

In my opinion, you can disregard all the Carroll stuff. No one could envisage £35million quid coming in. I'm 99% sure that Pardew wanted to keep him, but when that figure comes in what can you do.

I agree it was misguided to say that the £35 million would be re-invested.... although I do believe that he believed that at the time.

The cringeworthy ones are the ones where he's explaining where the money's gone. But again, what can he really do about that.

I don't know... I just think people are "shooting the messenger", when in reality (in my opinion), he's just saying what he's been told himself.

There is that, and a decent reminder. But at what point does the penny drop for him? At some stage he must realise he is being spun a line himself. That's where his integrity will kick in, right?

I was "just following orders/relaying what I was told" is a terrible excuse. His complicity in being a doormat/tool of Ashley's, IMO, is all compounded by that first quote of his.

I was "just following orders/relaying what I was told" is a terrible excuse. His complicity in being a doormat/tool of Ashley's, IMO, is all compounded by that first quote of his.

The way Ashley runs the club, he's exactly what we need though (if that makes sense). It's no good a manager coming in wanting to stamp his authority because he'll not last five-minutes. Our best bet short-term at least unless we get taken over is with things as they are. The day Pardew leaves under Ashley is the day we well and truly are f***ed imo, because at least he came in knowing what to expect. Nobody better than Pardew would in these circumstances.