Alan Pardew

JH

Wonder if the pennies dropped yet with Pardew as he gets a right old shafting or are we talking a bit early about his frustration and the next few weeks will see a change by the board to curtail a mutiny by players,fans and the boss .Sorry guys for looking through rose tinted glasses but i really want to believe that a crisis doesnt exist and all this is a bad dream  :undecided:

Admire your positiveness but I'm pretty convinced it is all going wrong for Nufc.

Wonder if the pennies dropped yet with Pardew as he gets a right old shafting or are we talking a bit early about his frustration and the next few weeks will see a change by the board to curtail a mutiny by players,fans and the boss .Sorry guys for looking through rose tinted glasses but i really want to believe that a crisis doesnt exist and all this is a bad dream  :undecided:

At least for us we can see that our frustration with the club is being noticed and things might change.  I doubt anything would have changed if we all just bought into the shit that comes out of the club.

I guess it is a new experience for Pardew the way Tyneside slumps into a massive depression when we start fretting about what is happening at the club.  I also think he will be very uncomfortable with the criticism being thrown in his direction as he strikes me as someone who wants to be liked.

Not see the following bit in any other articles yet:

Sportsmail understands Barton’s frustrations boiled over after discussions with team-mates about some of the incidents that have happened during pre-season and, significantly, Pardew admitted that preparations for the new campaign have not gone as he would have planned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022594/Alan-Pardew-speaks-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Joet-Barton-Twitter-fiasco.html

I think he knew what he was getting himself into, can't see him standing up to the board. I don't actually see him being pissed off by their actions, I feel he knows what his job is.

Sportsmail understands Barton’s frustrations boiled over after discussions with team-mates about some of the incidents that have happened during pre-season and, significantly, Pardew admitted that preparations for the new campaign have not gone as he would have planned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022594/Alan-Pardew-speaks-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Joet-Barton-Twitter-fiasco.html

I thought the tour had been a "success"

Don't blame Barton if that was his gripe, pre-season has been pitiful, absolutely amateurish. That's just the training, tour and friendlies, nevermind the squad strengthening (thus far)

Sportsmail understands Bartons frustrations boiled over after discussions with team-mates about some of the incidents that have happened during pre-season and, significantly, Pardew admitted that preparations for the new campaign have not gone as he would have planned.

That's a bit different to him throwing a wobbler because he couldn't take set pieces.

Don't think Pardew's getting played at all tbh. Think he's fully aware of what's going on, even if it means him being a puppet.

Agree with Nut's principles too, btw. He's the best we can have at the moment cos he's the only manager that will work with Ashley; knowing full well what the board's intentions are and (most importantly) being okay with that. He's got a big gig for a Premier League side - i highly doubt he'd be particularly fussy given his shite career record thus far. Like he'd ever get a chance like this in the real world.

It's just fortunate that he's a reasonable manager and not another Kinnear.

Where did I say that here? I said as things stand this is the best situation. No one better will come in an accept it.

As far as I can tell you agree with most of Ashley's important decisions and strategy for running the club, ie cutting the wage bill, minimal transfer spend or making a profit, targeting "good value" players only (out of contract/last year of contract/not wanted by club/trying to leave club), selling Carroll & Nolan, putting Barton on the transfer list, the way Enrique's new contract has been handled. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I've seen you arguing in favour of all of them. I'm sure you've done so, but off the top of my head I can't remember you being critical of Ashley on anything specific at all (nothing that would be relevant to a manager anyhow).

I don't like the man one bit, but saying that, decisions wise over the last 2 years there's not much I'd have done different.

You seem to think Pardew is having to do nothing that managers of other clubs don't have to do, and isn't having to put up with decisions being made over his head that managers of other clubs don't have to.

So, as I said, if you generally agree with the way Ashley is running the club, and think it is heading in the right direction with a bright future, what exactly is it that makes you say no manager better than Pardew would take the job? Why would these managers not see it was a good job to have?

I UNDERSTOOD why we accepted £35m for Carroll, I UNDERSTOOD why we didn't bow to Nolan & Barton's contract demands, I UNDERSTOOD why Enrique wants to leave to play for a bigger club.

This is what boils my piss on here, it's black or white with some people, I don't particularly like it but can see why things have been done. I'm not sure of many other clubs in the Premier League in our position who'd have rejected that Carroll offer or who'd have given Nolan & Barton 3-4 year contracts on their wages.

I'm not bothered about profit or whatever, but again, I UNDERSTAND why we'd sooner sign Marveaux & Ba for nothing, than say, sign Wickham & N'Zogbia for £17m.

Nobody knows the ins and outs of the club's finances but I doubt they're particularly clever still (I know we've got Sky money, gate receipts, shirt sales, etc but we were hemorrhaging money not so long ago).

And as I repeated a few times last night, other managers won't accept working under those conditions, they've been brought up with the British system of the manager buys players, etc. The current system we have as it is, is probably going to see us hover in mid-table for a while, the moment that changes for me, is when things go tits up (as long as Ashley's owner).

Of course I'd sooner see us go spend £15m on a striker, £10m on N'Zogbia, etc. but there's clearly reasons why we haven't done so.

Guest TheSummerOf69

Pardew:

"We need a signing or two. I haven't even considered that [a replacement for Barton]. Like I said, it is a time for reflection."

Yeah, it's not like the season starts next week or anything!

Pardew:

"We need a signing or two. I haven't even considered that [a replacement for Barton]. Like I said, it is a time for reflection."

Yeah, it's not like the season starts next week or anything!

Time for reflection translated - "We will go with what we have got and see where we are January"

Stop worrying, we'll be fine :)

I agree, not sure if your being sarcastic or not, I think the past few years has proven that names on a team sheet mean nothing. Look at the team we went down with. Players playing for the club and not the money is the best route, look at the crap players we had to put up with last year and finished in an ok position, was it a win off 9th.

Therefore I think we will be fine.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Did well at the press conference IMO

His hands are tied, he sounded like he was frustrated at the lack of movement in the transfer front

I also think he is handling the joey situation well

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Be interesting to see how he does in his full season in charge. By choice, or force of hand, it looks like he's going to have to rely on some of the youngsters. Could go terribly wrong, could unearth some new talent, but either way at least we're going to give them a chance. That's always been my biggest criticism of past managers, they never had the conviction and confidence to give youth a chance. Even when we were clear in the Championship we never gave it a go.

For all the stick Dalglish gets, at least he had the balls to give youth a go last season and typical to Liverpool the spawny gits turned out to be OK.

Guest Roger Kint

Did well at the press conference IMO

His hands are tied, he sounded like he was frustrated at the lack of movement in the transfer front

I also think he is handling the joey situation well

Aye totally agree with you there, made a lot of sense about the Barton thing.

And NUT above too

Having read the stuff from Pardew in the Journal it's pretty refreshing. He's finally saying that he's telling the board we need players and it's up to them to do it. He's finally not accepting responsibly for certain failures, he even mentions the failures of pre season which is good. Whether that means he won't last long in the job I don't know but if he starts being honest, says where the club is going wrong, admits they don't have all the answers so he's going to the likes of Alex Ferguson for help I won't have any problems with him.

Be interesting to see how he does in his full season in charge. By choice, or force of hand, it looks like he's going to have to rely on some of the youngsters. Could go terribly wrong, could unearth some new talent, but either way at least we're going to give them a chance. That's always been my biggest criticism of past managers, they never had the conviction and confidence to give youth a chance. Even when we were clear in the Championship we never gave it a go.

For all the stick Dalglish gets, at least he had the balls to give youth a go last season and typical to Liverpool the spawny gits turned out to be OK.

Recent managers, maybe not. But Ossie Ardiles (unwisely, as it turned out) staked his whole strategy on young players, many of whom (Watson, Clarkie, Elliott etc) went on to become key players for Keegan.

Recent managers, maybe not. But Ossie Ardiles (unwisely, as it turned out) staked his whole strategy on young players, many of whom (Watson, Clarkie, Elliott etc) went on to become key players for Keegan.

To be fair Ossie didn't really have much choice.