Alan Pardew

JH

Without even checking, I know your stats are a load of s***. And obviously we've not done it under Ashley because he has no interest in it. Using his years just proves my point.

Twice in 8  years sorry.

Proper Euro travellers us like.

2002 - 4th

2003 - 3rd

2004 - 5th

2006 - 7th

A year later Ashley arrived.

As i say, twice in the last 8 seasons.

We are going backwards if we are no longer aiming to play European football. For all Shepherd's faults, that was his minimum ambition for the club, even if he didn't always achieve it (he did more often then not).

European football is now above our maximum ambition, out of our reach, a pipe dream. It's pathetic.

Wullie, I am not going to argue that much, but I just want to point out, the only owner that can serve your expectation is an Abramovich.

Not even worth responding to that tbh.

Why not? If you can trot out statistics like how great things were before Ashley arrived it's probably worth having a look at what impact Abramovic had on the game.

We are going backwards if we are no longer aiming to play European football. For all Shepherd's faults, that was his minimum ambition for the club, even if he didn't always achieve it (he did more often then not).

European football is now above our maximum ambition, out of our reach, a pipe dream. It's pathetic.

Glad to see that Pardew disagrees with you. It may be tough to break into the top 4, but refering to Enrique he said -

“Unless we can become more competitive, finish in the top eight in the Premier League and, eventually, qualify for Europe, this will keep on happening.

“It is extremely hard to keep hold of your best players without that status.

“In the next two or three years we have to get back into that sort of position and then we can keep the best players and attract even better ones.

“That is the challenge we have ahead of us. I don’t want to be in a position as manager where this keeps happening year after year – so we have to progress, and we have to improve."

Can't argue with this.

Wullie, I am not going to argue that much, but I just want to point out, the only owner that can serve your expectation is an Abramovich.

f***ing hell. Maybe we could have an owner that doesn't constantly lie and f***ing deliberately mislead the clubs supporters at any given opportunity. An owner that may see the potential in having a £35million figure to improve the squad and at least attempt to progress, the fact that you and so many others are content to sit back and accept the lies and f***ing outright bullshit is just depressing.

Answer this question. Are you asking Ashley to spend THE CLUB'S money, or to spend HIS OWN money?

8 years? Ashley has been here half of that time. :lol:

Thats not the argument though. People are saying we are going backwards, when in reality, we arent.

Thats not the point though. People are saying we are going backwards, when reality, we arent.

Fucking hell. Maybe we could have an owner that doesn't constantly lie and fucking deliberately mislead the clubs supporters at any given opportunity. An owner that may see the potential in having a £35million figure to improve the squad and at least attempt to progress, the fact that you and so many others are content to sit back and accept the lies and fucking outright bullshit is just depressing.

What are you going to do about it? Put a gun to some billionaire arab's head and demand he buy out the club and spend £50m on the squad?

Tbf we were in europe 9 years out of the 13 before Mike Ashley

11 out of 13 if you include the two times we went out of the Inter Toto Cup

:troll:

Thats not the argument though. People are saying we are going backwards, when in reality, we arent.

Thats not the point though. People are saying we are going backwards, when reality, we arent.

Now I have seen double posts but how does this work? :lol:

Now I have seen double posts but how does this work? :lol:

Ive not idea, my Dog kept licking my hand as I was trying to type, next thing I know, double post galore!

But half of the period you're comparing to was under Ashley's tenure anyway. Two years ago we were in the second division, I guess we're making huge steps forward now by being in the top flight?

Guest Chubby Jason

f***ing hell. Maybe we could have an owner that doesn't constantly lie and f***ing deliberately mislead the clubs supporters at any given opportunity. An owner that may see the potential in having a £35million figure to improve the squad and at least attempt to progress, the fact that you and so many others are content to sit back and accept the lies and f***ing outright bullshit is just depressing.

What are you going to do about it? Put a gun to some billionaire arab's head and demand he buy out the club and spend £50m on the squad?

What a bizarre stance for a football fan to take.

What? Look at the reality?

I don't see what he's said wrong really. Seems like an honest interview. Sounds like he's losing a little bit of patience with MA too.

Yeah there is definite frustration creeping in imho, Ashley must be running out of mates to give jobs to if Pardew ever walks.

But half of the period you're comparing to was under Ashley's tenure anyway. Two years ago we were in the second division, I guess we're making huge steps forward now by being in the top flight?

Guess if you are looking on the brightside  :shifty:

My point being, Pardew has basically said its getting tough to get in Europe and people are winging on like its been a common occurance the past few years, when in reality it hasnt. People are jumping on him every chance they get and its getting pretty boring. Cant come into a thread it seems without someone having a go at him.

In 2003' date=' the BBC described him as being a "dangerous and distant animal" in the media, referring to his public relations abilities, which has led him to making several rash comments. When at West Ham, the club employed a media advisor for Pardew to help him win over sceptical fans[/quote']

Never knew that about Pardew. Everyone on here, regardless of whether they think he's a liar/spiv/bullshitter etc seems to agree he's a pretty cool customer and a good talker.

Going backwards from when exactly? We have been going backwards since we sacked SBR partly down to s*** decisions from the old and new boards and partly from the megarich buying clubs for a bit of fun.

Exactly. Havent we only finished in the top 10 something daft like twice in the last 7 or 8 years or something???

That's still no excuse. We could quite easily do it this season but it's turning into a needless struggle.

What's Europe, 7th?

Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs are imo obviously ahead of us so that's one place for everyone else to fight for. Not exactly easy imo.

I was referring to the top 10 mention. It was looking very achievable a few months ago.

Guest Chubby Jason

The reality is we're owned by a lying cunt with zero ambition other than for the club to simply exist. Pretty shit reality to be honest.

Going backwards from when exactly? We have been going backwards since we sacked SBR partly down to s*** decisions from the old and new boards and partly from the megarich buying clubs for a bit of fun.

Exactly. Havent we only finished in the top 10 something daft like twice in the last 7 or 8 years or something???

That's still no excuse. We could quite easily do it this season but it's turning into a needless struggle.

What's Europe, 7th?

Manchester United, Chelsea, Manchester City, Arsenal, Liverpool, Spurs are imo obviously ahead of us so that's one place for everyone else to fight for. Not exactly easy imo.

I was referring to the top 10 mention. It was looking very achievable a few months ago.

top 10 ten isnt achievable now?

The reality is we're owned by a lying c*** with zero ambition other than for the club to simply exist. Pretty s*** reality to be honest.

Sadly, nowadays, ambition means Abramovich style investing, rather than correctly investing a club's own money,