Alan Pardew

JH

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/05/newcastle-manager-pardew-keeping-his-cool-72703-29181664/

When asked if he felt like walking away, Pardew laughed off such talk and seemed focused and as hungry as ever.

He told the Chronicle: “This is a club which unfortunately, because of where we are financially, is vulnerable to the big clubs.

“We need to change that, and I have said in three or four years time, with careful rebuilding and hopefully keeping our younger players, we can do that. Only time will tell.”

Woop woop, another plan.

We're all ears...

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/08/05/newcastle-manager-pardew-keeping-his-cool-72703-29181664/

When asked if he felt like walking away, Pardew laughed off such talk and seemed focused and as hungry as ever.

He told the Chronicle: “This is a club which unfortunately, because of where we are financially, is vulnerable to the big clubs.

“We need to change that, and I have said in three or four years time, with careful rebuilding and hopefully keeping our younger players, we can do that. Only time will tell.”

Woop woop, another plan.

We're all ears...

I think that was him being subtle. What he actually should have said is "we're currently paying stupid wages for shite we can't get rid of like Alan Smith and Xisco. Until we get these deadweights off the books we have less money available to us than we'd like."

Not see the following bit in any other articles yet:

Sportsmail understands Bartons frustrations boiled over after discussions with team-mates about some of the incidents that have happened during pre-season and, significantly, Pardew admitted that preparations for the new campaign have not gone as he would have planned.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2022594/Alan-Pardew-speaks-Sir-Alex-Ferguson-Joet-Barton-Twitter-fiasco.html

That's a bit different to him throwing a wobbler because he couldn't take set pieces.

pardew's just admitted that they 'saw the problems coming' regarding barton and the usa trip. that's f***ing ridiculous, they shouldnt be going on a pre-season trip without one of the best players. yes it's his own fault for ending up in jail but we are where we are and we should be together as a team.

Load of rubbish that like. So our whole pre-season plans should revolve around Barton?

no. our pre-season plans shouldnt exclude any players at all, especially the ones who matter on the pitch

Guest Wally_McFool

This is a club which unfortunately, because of where we are financially, is vulnerable to the big clubs.

http://i55.tinypic.com/w7zwa9.jpg

Slimy bullshiting cunt.  :tickedoff:

This is a club which unfortunately, because of where we are financially, is vulnerable to the big clubs.

It's like QPR. Richest owners you could possibly hope for, and Warnock is bleating on today that Routledge wanted to go to them but the couldn't afford a deal.

Seriously? Why did they buy the club? :icon_scratch:

It's like QPR. Richest owners you could possibly hope for, and Warnock is bleating on today that Routledge wanted to go to them but the couldn't afford a deal.

To make a profit clearly.

I know the only reason people get that rich is because all they care about is the profit etc. But fuck me, if I was in my dotage and 2 other multi billionaire lads said fuck it, lets buy QPR, I like to think I'd have a bit of fun.

Christ, we can reasonably complain about Ashley, yet they could buy Ashley a few hundred times over and not even wince, but they can't even buy their manager a Championship winger? :lol:

Slimy bullshiting c***.  :tickedoff:

That sounds like it should be followed by........and we tried to keep tiote but we just cannot compete with the chelsea's of this world

Where we are financially is that he covered us during the years we were making losses & he wants his money back via selling assets rather than investing further in potential success.

Everyone will be sold if he thinks they can be replaced with other bargains that will keep us atleast midtable & theyve clearly set up a system to find such players. The second you're trying to sign Neil Taylor due to his 1m release clause, that should be pretty apparent.

I know the only reason people get that rich is because all they care about is the profit etc. But fuck me, if I was in my dotage and 2 other multi billionaire lads said fuck it, lets buy QPR, I like to think I'd have a bit of fun.

Christ, we can reasonably complain about Ashley, yet they could buy Ashley a few hundred times over and not even wince, but they can't even buy their manager a Championship winger? :lol:

That's the point though. QPR clearly can afford to buy players, the fact they won't is because they are in the football business because they can see there's profit in it if you look at it as purely a business. I'm not sure Ashley started out this way, but where we are now i don't see too much difference. The thought we might be run on a similar basis as QPR isn't a happy one.

That's the point though. QPR clearly can afford to buy players, the fact they won't is because they are in the football business because they can see there's profit in it if you look at it as purely a business. I'm not sure Ashley started out this way, but where we are now i don't see too much difference. The thought we might be run on a similar basis as QPR isn't a happy one.

15. We readily accept that at the meeting, Messrs Ashley, Mort and Jimenez told Mr Keegan about Mr Ashley's plans and vision for the Club, in particular his plan to find and bring in younger players some of whom might later be sold on at a profit

At the time, it could have been argued they were only talking about developing academy players and selling off the ones not fit for the first team, and that's probably how Keegan took it. Looking back at that statement with hindsight, I think it's hard to argue that running the club the way he is now wasn't the plan all along.

15. We readily accept that at the meeting, Messrs Ashley, Mort and Jimenez told Mr Keegan about Mr Ashley's plans and vision for the Club, in particular his plan to find and bring in younger players some of whom might later be sold on at a profit

At the time, it could have been argued they were only talking about developing academy players and selling off the ones not fit for the first team, and that's probably how Keegan took it. Looking back at that statement with hindsight, I think it's hard to argue that running the club the way he is now wasn't the plan all along.

I was thinking about the signing of players like Smith, Geremi, Barton and Viduka on big wages, and sizeable fees in some cases. Then the following year Coloccini and Xisco. You could argue that we sold players to fund those deals but they were still fairly large outlays which I don't think we will see the likes of again in a hurry.

Guest taps01

Cannot believe we've had so many pages about the most irrelevant man in football.

He is hardly irrelevant.

Cannot believe we've had so many pages about the most irrelevant man in football.

He is hardly irrelevant.

Debateable. The board over-rule everything he has said/done and contradict him half the time. A numbe rof players are unsettled and seemingly acting up. This happens when Nolan leaves? Seems to me the players were probably running things for the back end of last season.

He is hardly irrelevant.

Debateable. The board over-rule everything he has said/done and contradict him half the time. A numbe rof players are unsettled and seemingly acting up. This happens when Nolan leaves? Seems to me the players were probably running things for the back end of last season.

He is the spokesman for the board.

He is hardly irrelevant.

He is the spokesman for the board.

on a number of occassiosn though hasn't he said things regarding players' futures at the club only for us to do the opposite?

Guest dogbeak

on a number of occassiosn though hasn't he said things regarding players' futures at the club only for us to do the opposite?

aye, and its an interesting thing that some see this as deliberate bullshitting to support the board's machinations, others as a bloke saying what he believes and getting fucked over by his bosses going over his head.

Guest Antec

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=pressure-is-on-me-admits-united-boss-alan-pardew%26method=full%26objectid=29187647%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pressure is on me, admits United boss Alan Pardew

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Aug 6 2011

ALAN PARDEW has admitted his Newcastle United players are "expecting" him to deliver new faces in time for next Saturday night's Premier League opener against Arsenal.

The Toon boss stated that senior stars have made their feelings clear on the squad’s lack of depth, but the Chronicle understands that Pardew is hopeful of a breakthrough early next week – if weekend negotiations go as planned.

United are hoping to complete the signing of Gabriel Obertan from Manchester United, while Pardew hopes to add a striker in time for the game with the Gunners.

Pardew has had some tough weeks in charge of United since taking the reins last December, losing Andy Carroll and Kevin Nolan along the way, but the last six days have arguably been just as testing in the aftermath of Joey Barton’s Twitter rant and subsequent transfer-listing.

Pardew told the Chronicle: “I need to make sure there’s some good news in the next three or four days, and that everybody starts thinking optimistically about this next season.

“If I was Fabricio Coloccini, I’d be looking for a good player, or maybe two good players, to walk in the door before we play Arsenal.

“I think the group is a tight group, and they’ll be ready for the campaign, but we must remember where we are.”

A move for Bayer Leverkusen star Tranquillo Barnetta appears to have been ended following a training-ground injury.

Moves for bigger names have also fallen through, while Pardew can’t splash out huge salaries as in the days of Michael Owen, when the ex-England striker picked up a six-figure weekly wage at Newcastle.

Pardew said: “We are where we are – we’re a team that got promoted a year ago.”

The United manager played down talk that morale was suffering because of the transfer drought, but feels that there are concerns going into Newcastle’s second term in the Premier League since promotion.

Pardew said: “Physically, all the players’ figures are better than this time last year, but mentally we’re not.

“I think we need to get one or two things resolved this week to help that.”

One of the issues United will be looking to decide one way or another is Barton’s future, with Wigan chairman Dave Whelan admitting firm interest in the player last night.

Yet fans feel that Pardew needs to strengthen his squad, and he agrees with such concerns.

He said: “We’ve had a good season, but there were times last year when we were on the edge.

“We need to get players in to make sure we’re stronger than that.

“Hopefully, in the last 10 games of the season we’ll be stronger than where we were last season.

“We’ve been unlucky with a couple of injuries.

“Shane Ferguson, a bright spot last season, has missed pre-season because of an impact injury.

“Hatem Ben Arfa – who we got up to speed and looked great – had an impact injury, and Danny Guthrie, as well.

“We lost three good technical players. Fergie was a blow as I wanted to look at him at left-back and see if he could offer to cover for Jose Enrique or play there.”

Beautiful journalism there again.

"while Pardew can’t splash out huge salaries as in the days of *insert name of the highest paid player in NUFC's history*" :lol:

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news//tm_headline=pressure-is-on-me-admits-united-boss-alan-pardew%26method=full%26objectid=29187647%26siteid=72703-name_page.html

Pressure is on me, admits United boss Alan Pardew

* by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

* Aug 6 2011

ALAN PARDEW has admitted his Newcastle United players are "expecting" him to deliver new faces in time for next Saturday night's Premier League opener against Arsenal.

We lost three good technical players. Fergie was a blow as I wanted to look at him at left-back and see if he could offer to cover for Jose Enrique or play there.”

So they were hoping that Fergie would be Enrique's replacement after all.  :frantic:

Beautiful journalism there again.

"while Pardew can’t splash out huge salaries as in the days of *insert name of the highest paid player in NUFC's history*" :lol:

Aye, not like 'me lick windows' ryder to pick a completely extreme example of financial largesse to suit his bald agenda. 'But I live in North Shields man, and a breathe, purely breathe newcassel man'. Tithead.