Alan Pardew

JH

Everton are above us, have a lower turnover and spend nothing. If we can't even be expected to compete against a club like that then theres something wrong. I don't think anyone expects us to all of a sudden become top 6, but we should be able to be the best of the rest, and continue to build the club. That should be the aim. It won't happen every year, but it should be the aim. Obviously having a s*** manager doesn't help this.

The club has already said it wants a top ten finish, i think everyone can agree, we'd all be happy with a top ten this year?

If so, im not even sure what we are arguing about.

We were about 3mins away from a top ten finish this season just gone, and everyone assured me the team and squad would be significantly improved with the Carroll money. Bearing that in mind, top ten is the bare minimum we should be aiming for; as far as I'm concerned if we fail to achieve that it's a major failing. The way the league is bunched up, if you finish mid-table then there's no reason you shouldn't be looking to push for the next level which would be Everton in 7th.

Come on Dave, you hate generalisations more than anyone.       

If we don't have too many injurys and get another 2-3 players in im confident we'll make progress from last season.

(it's not like saying If we sign 10 Messi's and have none injurys)

If KK was here, and backed with transfer money- theres no way he would settle for anything less than an attempt at getting in the champions league.

AMBITION- none while Ashleys around.

If KK was here, and backed with transfer money- theres no way he would settle for anything less than an attempt at getting in the champions league.

Maybe the first time around :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

Everton are above us, have a lower turnover and spend nothing. If we can't even be expected to compete against a club like that then theres something wrong. I don't think anyone expects us to all of a sudden become top 6, but we should be able to be the best of the rest, and continue to build the club. That should be the aim. It won't happen every year, but it should be the aim. Obviously having a s*** manager doesn't help this.

The club has already said it wants a top ten finish, i think everyone can agree, we'd all be happy with a top ten this year?

Would you be saying the same if Tchoyi had headed his final chance over the bar?

Very convenient result for the club that was.

Regardless of what happened last season, a top ten finish would represent progress. Again, I think we'd all take that.

It wouldn't have if we'd beaten West Brom. ???

But we didnt?

As I say, very convenient. I think if we don't finish in the top seven, then we've failed.

:lol: :lol: :lol:#

What?? Didnt you say we are going down if we dont sign a striker. So relegated if we dont sign a striker, top 7 of we do  :lol: fkn hell.

What are you on about? I never said I thought we'll finish 7th with a striker.

Where we are in the league, the money at our disposal, anything less than 7th is failure imo.

Jesus, its nee wonder people call us deluded. Anything less than 7th is failure. f*** me.

A £35million windfall if invested properly could have us challenging for a top 6 place. Why is there such satisfaction with mediocrity on here? It's either that or it's simply the wanton need to look clever on the internet.

We were heading places i tells ya second time around

dont mock me, memories is all i have.

We were heading places i tells ya second time around

better places than pardo will take us.

Guest fraser

Would you be saying the same if Tchoyi had headed his final chance over the bar?

Regardless of what happened last season, a top ten finish would represent progress. Again, I think we'd all take that.

But we didnt?

As I say, very convenient. I think if we don't finish in the top seven, then we've failed.

What?? Didnt you say we are going down if we dont sign a striker. So relegated if we dont sign a striker, top 7 of we do  :lol: fkn hell.

Where we are in the league, the money at our disposal, anything less than 7th is failure imo.

Jesus, its nee wonder people call us deluded. Anything less than 7th is failure. f*** me.

7th position for a club with the fanbase that ours has and the revenue streams associated with such a fanbase in terms of matchday attendances, shirts bought, pints bought (£3.70, fucking hell) and the rest. Why shouldn't it be a given  that we finish 7th, what is the delusion? Who's going to finish above us? Stoke? Bolton? The delusion only arises from the facts that we are so badly managed at the senior level that it is actually impossible.

We are going backwards if we are no longer aiming to play European football. For all Shepherd's faults, that was his minimum ambition for the club, even if he didn't always achieve it (he did more often then not).

European football is now above our maximum ambition, out of our reach, a pipe dream. It's pathetic.

Wullie, I am not going to argue that much, but I just want to point out, the only owner that can serve your expectation is an Abramovich.

f***ing hell. Maybe we could have an owner that doesn't constantly lie and f***ing deliberately mislead the clubs supporters at any given opportunity. An owner that may see the potential in having a £35million figure to improve the squad and at least attempt to progress, the fact that you and so many others are content to sit back and accept the lies and f***ing outright bullshit is just depressing.

What are you going to do about it? Put a gun to some billionaire arab's head and demand he buy out the club and spend £50m on the squad?

What a bizarre stance for a football fan to take.

What? Look at the reality?

The reality is we're owned by a lying c*** with zero ambition other than for the club to simply exist. Pretty s*** reality to be honest.

Sadly, nowadays, ambition means Abramovich style investing, rather than correctly investing a club's own money,

Who's the Abramovich at Spurs?

Good question.  Are we based in London that able to charge extravagant ticket prices?

Our stadium seats 16000 more people so it's swings and roundabouts. Spurs were playing catch up to us for ten years, how did that happen?

Because we wasted an incredible amount of money on shit players: Owen, Viduka, Martins, Duff, Smith, Butt, Capaca, Xisco, Luque and Boumsong. Almost all were expensive to purchase and none of the above bastard netted less than 40-50 000 a week.

But we didnt?

A £35million windfall if invested properly could have us challenging for a top 6 place. Why is there such satisfaction with mediocrity on here? It's either that or it's simply the wanton need to look clever on the internet.

Its called being realistic mate.

So all those talking about the club lacking ambition, what do you suggest we do? Kill Ashley? Not go to the games? Boycoutt? Protest? What?

Most are well aware of the lack of ambition but simply don't want to admit it. You know why? It's because they/we believe staying positive my give us some little hope, that things might change in the future.

So all those talking about the club lacking ambition, what do you suggest we do? Kill Ashley? Not go to the games? Boycoutt? Protest? What?

Most are well aware of the lack of ambition but simply don't want to admit it. You know why? It's because they/we believe staying positive my give us some little hope, that things might change in the future.

Couldnt have put it better.

But we didnt?

Jesus, its nee wonder people call us deluded. Anything less than 7th is failure. f*4** me.

7th position for a club with the fanbase that ours has and the revenue streams associated with such a fanbase in terms of matchday attendances, shirts bought, pints bought (£3.70, f***ing hell) and the rest. Why shouldn't it be a given  that we finish 7th, what is the delusion? Who's going to finish above us? Stoke? Bolton? The delusion only arises from the facts that we are so badly managed at the senior level that it is actually impossible.

Not finishing 7th wont be failure.

Head up your arse etc..

We were about 3mins away from a top ten finish this season just gone, and everyone assured me the team and squad would be significantly improved with the Carroll money. Bearing that in mind, top ten is the bare minimum we should be aiming for; as far as I'm concerned if we fail to achieve that it's a major failing. The way the league is bunched up, if you finish mid-table then there's no reason you shouldn't be looking to push for the next level which would be Everton in 7th.

Agreed.

Honestly the frustration is that with just a bit of focus and planning and less short-termism and money grabbing even these clowns could get a 7th out of our current set up.

How would that work?

For me at east, if we'd of reinvested the Carroll cash wisely we'd of closed the gap no Everton, Liverpool and Spurs.

Neesy's found a way to get round the ban I see.

You thought he was angry before, when he returns from the ban I predict a lot have gold posts :lol:

Guest Chubby Jason

To be honest, even with proper investment we would need a better manager than "Pards" if we were to challenge for Europe. Luckily Pards is here to stay and no such investment exists so we can be realistic and like it.

How would that work?

http://photovalet.com/data/comps/PCF/PCFV01P10_14.jpg

:troll:

How would that work?

It might not, that's the point but i'd rather be as positive as possible in order to enjoy as much of football as possible. The way half this forum goes on you'd think they were on the verge of slitting their wrists. Not that this forum is in anyway an indicator of your average Newcastle fan.

Head up your arse etc..

Sometimes it's just better to stay positive. Plenty of people around at the minute getting carried away with the negatives and looking to pick at every possible Pardew quote, when in reality there's not a lot wrong with what he's saying.

Hes been changing his tune more then a jazz trumpet player man.