Alan Pardew

JH

José Enrique, Newcastle's left‑back, remains in limbo, too. Enrique is desperate to leave but Pardew hopes to inspire a volte face. "There's been no bids for José and I want him to stay," he said. "I keep looking at him and smiling. He smiles back but he hasn't signed the contract yet and that is a problem."

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/07/newcastle-united-alan-pardew

Epic!  ;D

"Cabaye is central to my vision of how I want us to play," said Pardew. "Last season I don't think we had control of games, especially at home. He will give us that. His passing and grasp of the ball will be significant for us. We have a very good player on our hands."

He is such a douche and comes across as a useless waste of space football puppet at times, and then he comes out and says things like this that makes me think "Wow, he kind of knows what he's doing". cunt.

So he doesn't talk to Jose he smiles at him and he won't talk to Barton he wants to txt him sometime. Wtf is this.

:wave: as usual.

Incidentally, why is Pardew not facing the same scorn Jose did for speaking about the contract situation to the media?

"Cabaye is central to my vision of how I want us to play," said Pardew. "Last season I don't think we had control of games, especially at home. He will give us that. His passing and grasp of the ball will be significant for us. We have a very good player on our hands."

He is such a douche and comes across as a useless waste of space football puppet at times, and then he comes out and says things like this that makes me think "Wow, he kind of knows what he's doing". cunt.

Doesn't mean a thing. Pardew is clearly a smart chap - so being able to vocalise such lofty footballing ambition isn't difficult, or meaningful, for that matter. Intelligent way of placating a deeply underwhelming summer by shining a massive spotlight onto Cabaye. By expanding the scope of what Cabaye's purchase is intended to achieve, he's tried to reduce the perceived problems the squad has (ie no cover left back, possibly no left back by the end of the window, poor striking options up front, only three tested centre backs etc)

We are going backwards if we are no longer aiming to play European football. For all Shepherd's faults, that was his minimum ambition for the club, even if he didn't always achieve it (he did more often then not).

European football is now above our maximum ambition, out of our reach, a pipe dream. It's pathetic.

Just checked, we've finished in the top ten twice in 9 years.

Pardew says 'lets not think of Europe' and people say we are going backwards. People need to get real man. Its pretty obvious that a certain few are just looking to jump on him at every chance.

He's not saying "let's not think of Europe" as in "Let's not consider that yet" he's saying we can never match the expectations of the fans.  I'm guessing that means Europe, as he mentioned our memories of Europe just before saying it.  Unless he thinks we expect to qualify for the Champions League or win the title?  That's a pretty big word, never.  Not, "Not at the moment" not "Maybe one day if we build towards it slowly".  Never.  I'm certainly not using it as an opportunity to jump on him, I completely agree with him that we'll never get to 7th under Ashley no matter how long he stays.

In fact, I don't think I've ever really jumped on Pardew, I don't think he has enough responsibility for what happens at the club to have any blame placed on him.

Tbf Dave is right there, I have thought the forum to be quite negative but fucking hell, look elsewhere :lol:

Christ i'm glad i don't visit other places, not sure what these places are mind.

Outside.  Can't say I've been to any pub, shop or bus stop where I've seen anywhere near as much positivity as there is on here.

José Enrique, Newcastle's left‑back, remains in limbo, too. Enrique is desperate to leave but Pardew hopes to inspire a volte face. "There's been no bids for José and I want him to stay," he said. "I keep looking at him and smiling. He smiles back but he hasn't signed the contract yet and that is a problem."

Epic!  ;D

Is it me or is that weirdest comment in football ever ?

he's trying to do the jedi mind trick on him but it clearly aint working  ;D

Guest sicko2ndbest

Epic!  ;D

Is it me or is that weirdest comment in football ever ?

It's Tongue in cheek ffs

Pardew: “The problem is that where we are now financially means that we can never really fulfill the expectations of the fans. They have memories of European football but the gap is ­getting bigger as the years go by."

He's suggesting that European football is beyond us, but we were only 4 wins off Liverpool in 6th place last year. If we'd used our momentum to add to what we had then we could have gone upwards, just as we did after promotion then 3rd place under Keegan.

As Pardew says the gap is getting ever wider between those with European enhanced incomes and the rest, but we have the stadium and the support to be up there again. We have to use momentum and build on it, not keep bringing ourselves to a grinding halt while praying that we don't go backwards. A winning team can sell players easily and at a premium - but don't sell them until the team has evolved enough to not need them.

We could speculate to accumulate without mortgaging our future - by all means scout far and wide and buy bargains, but let them earn their way over time into a succesful team then sell off the slack. Evolution not constant painful revolution.

Top top post :thup:

One has to wonder why something so logical isn't the strategic basis for operation by a supposedly intelligent businessman such as Mike Ashley.

Pardew: “The problem is that where we are now financially means that we can never really fulfill the expectations of the fans. They have memories of European football but the gap is ­getting bigger as the years go by."

He's suggesting that European football is beyond us, but we were only 4 wins off Liverpool in 6th place last year. If we'd used our momentum to add to what we had then we could have gone upwards, just as we did after promotion then 3rd place under Keegan.

As Pardew says the gap is getting ever wider between those with European enhanced incomes and the rest, but we have the stadium and the support to be up there again. We have to use momentum and build on it, not keep bringing ourselves to a grinding halt while praying that we don't go backwards. A winning team can sell players easily and at a premium - but don't sell them until the team has evolved enough to not need them.

We could speculate to accumulate without mortgaging our future - by all means scout far and wide and buy bargains, but let them earn their way over time into a succesful team then sell off the slack. Evolution not constant painful revolution.

Top top post :thup:

One has to wonder why something so logical isn't the strategic basis for operation by a supposedly intelligent businessman such as Mike Ashley.

I agree TBH, but I hope/think that we will be able to show some progress under the Ashley approach to transfers.

I think it's true we're getting further away from the top 4 (although we've been miles away for years anyway) but I think the Europa League is definitely achievable in the medium term.

Last season we finished closer to Europe than for ages, and that was following a relegation and with our best attacking player out for the season. I don't think we're as far away as some people might think.