Alan Pardew

JH

I was gonna say. I think your game against Fulham may be quite telling. It's a winnable home game, and the impetus will be on you to attack.

We're dogshite when that happens :lol: If a team sits deep against us, they've won.

We pass it sideways, try a few punts, which they mop up with their gargantuan Hangeland of a defender (and in this case, it is Hangeland :laugh:), we pass it sideways, we realise we lack penetration to break down a side that sits back, we get flustered, the crowd gets panicky, we surrender possession at the back, they score, we lose.

Yep. Happens time and time again.

Seen Newcastle do this as well.

Seriously man, we do this so many times. Case in point - a whole 6 days ago.

I was gonna say. I think your game against Fulham may be quite telling. It's a winnable home game, and the impetus will be on you to attack.

We're dogshite when that happens :lol: If a team sits deep against us, they've won.

We pass it sideways, try a few punts, which they mop up with their gargantuan Hangeland of a defender (and in this case, it is Hangeland :laugh:), we pass it sideways, we realise we lack penetration to break down a side that sits back, we get flustered, the crowd gets panicky, we surrender possession at the back, they score, we lose.

This is what we're talking about though. We need to show a change in style from last year so we don't repeat the likes of Blackpool, Stoke, Blackburn, etc. Sunday is the first real chance we'll get to see if anything has changed or looks like changing.

Guest sicko2ndbest

Pardew has done fantastically well

Scunthorpe in front of a tv audience played their hearts out and still lost. We won a match that last season and for as long as I can remember we would have lost

The guy has no say on transfers whotsoever and fills the 'manages and coaches the team' role ( apparently what Kk was supposed to do), very well

In the current situation he really is the best we can ask for  

We've only lost 7 out of 24 league games with him as manager. Granted there's been a shitload of draws in there as well, but average that out over a season you're looking at 10-12 defeats which is what the clubs around 6th & 7th got last season. Definitely something to build on.

"When I first arrived I remember the staff saying to me: 'We've got a really good young player but he's injured at the moment,'" Pardew said. "This tall, nice, Slovenian guy [Vuckic] kept passing me in the corridor and smiling. Haris is such a nice guy.

"He's a lovely boy [who] we've got big hopes for; he's got tremendous technique. Haris needs to learn to cope with the physical demands of the Premier League but he's only 19 and his potential is excellent. He's got a really clever pass on him. It's a pass about 85% of Premier League footballers couldn't even see."

"We're very excited about Sammy," said Pardew. "He's going to be a big player and it helps that his big brother and his parents look after him very well."

Although Pardew clearly needs two or three more experienced first-team reinforcements he is anxious "not to block the route" for Beardsley's proteges.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/27/alan-pardew-newcastle-ameobi-vuckic

Promising quotes from him - appreciated the irony of the Vuckic comments. It's like Enrique all over again :lol:

"When I first arrived I remember the staff saying to me: 'We've got a really good young player but he's injured at the moment,'" Pardew said. "This tall, nice, Slovenian guy [Vuckic] kept passing me in the corridor and smiling. Haris is such a nice guy.

"He's a lovely boy [who] we've got big hopes for; he's got tremendous technique. Haris needs to learn to cope with the physical demands of the Premier League but he's only 19 and his potential is excellent. He's got a really clever pass on him. It's a pass about 85% of Premier League footballers couldn't even see."

"We're very excited about Sammy," said Pardew. "He's going to be a big player and it helps that his big brother and his parents look after him very well."

Although Pardew clearly needs two or three more experienced first-team reinforcements he is anxious "not to block the route" for Beardsley's proteges.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/27/alan-pardew-newcastle-ameobi-vuckic

Promising quotes from him - appreciated the irony of the Vuckic comments. It's like Enrique all over again :lol:

The quotes are promising, pity he doesn't back his words up with actions as both should have started the game on Thursday.

Needs to sort out our 1st half performances. 

I reckon it'll come in time, tbh. We had a shit pre-season and some of the players have barely had a chance to get used to one another. Owing to the ineptitude of those above Pardew, with all the outgoings there's not even really an opportunity to ease some of the new players in. They've pretty much been thrown together and told to get on with it.

Not taking anything away from Pardew, or the quality of players we've brought in though. Think they're doing a really good job. Just keeping fingers crossed that we can bring in those two new players.

Needs to sort out our 1st half performances.  

Very difficult to create anything when we're up against solid defensive teams like Fulham..They were  precise in their pressure in the beginning of the game, and sat very deep denying us space to run it..But as the match went on Cabaye and Tiote were able to control the midfield and the  distribution of the former meant that both Jonas and Obertan became involved..And that's exactly what we previously lacked:  involvement from both wide men..And with Obertan on the pitch instead of Barton (who drifts too much inside) we had width in our play..That also made the job easier for Cabaye since he could cross to both sides..

:nods:

The players seemed to have got the message, plenty of times we went sideways and backwards if we had to instead of launching it. We need better players back/in if we're to make it work every week though.

To be fair to him, at least we tried to play football today instead of hoofing the ball.  Starting Lovenkrands and bringing on Smith is baffling.

With Shola and Vukic injured he had no choice ffs..

To be fair to him, at least we tried to play football today instead of hoofing the ball.  Starting Lovenkrands and bringing on Smith is baffling.

:thup:

A proper left back will help, and that's no slur on Ryan Taylor who's done a fair job in an unfamiliar position.

Shut the fuck up, man. Clueless tool.

Pards made a couple of mistakes today but generally got it right. He deserves a lot of credit for our good start.

:thup:

A proper left back will help, and that's no slur on Ryan Taylor who's done a fair job in an unfamiliar position.

I thought that Taylor played well and could have been used more by Jonas who seemed to have little faith in him.  Taylor kept bringing the ball on to his right foot but made good use of the ball when he played it into the box.  I couldn't believe how often Fulham allowed him to do it when they would have been better off forcing him down the wing and on to his left foot.

Picking Lovenkrands was stupid but thankfully he replaced him before long. With Shola and Ben Arfa unavailable and Ba fasting, I'd like to think he wouldn't have normally. Vuckic probably should have started, like.

Smith only came on as we didn't have any other central midfield options, I think.

To be fair to him, at least we tried to play football today instead of hoofing the ball.  Starting Lovenkrands and bringing on Smith is baffling.

Shut the fuck up, man. Clueless tool.

Incredible, you take stupidity to a new level..Fact a) Ba is fasting and consequently not in top shape, fact b) Shola is injured. Consequence? Pards is forced to use Loven because he  have very few other options in attack.. Fact c) Haris freak injury..Consequence? Smith must play..Remove a) b) and c) from the equation and neither Loven or Smith would have appeared on the pitch today..He did the best he could with the squad he had to his disposal

You should be proud of yourself, you defy the evolution every day!

Guest dazzanufc1892

if he had come in, under different circumstances, i believe 99% of people would be saying what a fantastic job he's done. regretfully, views will always be tainted due to the underhand nature of everything

deserves all the plaudits though, got us playing solidly