Alan Pardew

JH

Aren't here lots of people saying we are too negative to play 4-5-1? And yea if we play 4-4-2 and lost we are overly aggressive, we play 4-5-1 and get a draw and that's too negative and dull? In the end result is everything, and in this sense why can't you guys just give the manager a little respect and faith? The manager who lift us to the 6th spot while having the least resource among the top teams in EPL?

The bias towards Pardew is f***ing ridiculous here.

Can't really fault Pards' comments there. I'm glad he's not made too much fuss and fanfare over Saturday. We've got two big home games next up, have key players back and have every reason to look forward to a decent points haul.

Newcastle United squad has limitations, says Pardew

THE current Newcastle United squad has limitations, Alan Pardew admitted today, following the 5-0 loss at Tottenham.

Pardew had been criticised for fielding a 4-5-1 formation in previous weeks, while some fans can’t understand why Hatem Ben Arfa isn’t given more of a chance.

Ben Arfa was an unused sub at Spurs on Saturday night with Pardew operating with a 4-4-2 formation.

But the United boss – who accepted responsibility for the defeat on the basis that he’d fielded too many offensive players – said: “We have two good strikers but they didn’t have a chance at Spurs.

“Papiss isn’t going to win you the game when you’re 2-0 down after five minutes.

“We need to be able to cope with having two strikers.

“The Press and the fans have criticised us when we have played 4-5-1 at times this year.

“Now they understand why.”

Pardew saw his side’s winning streak ended on Saturday, and admits that suffering some severe damage to his goal difference column hurt badly.

He added: “It was a game for us that we could lose.

“The unfortunate thing is the manner of it and the scoreline, because the goals against column isn’t looking so pretty.

“That might be crucial in 13 games time. We will have to wait and see.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2012/02/13/newcastle-united-squad-has-limitations-says-pardew-72703-30318557/#.TzkJ-o8xtq4.twitter#ixzz1mGbJMXuG

This exactly proves what I said in the HBA thread. Pardew doesn't understand that offence is the best attack, that if we threaten the opposition, maybe their full backs would not be overlapping so much, maybe their midfield would not push up so high knowing that if they did, they would be opened to a counter attack. For him being defensive just means loading the team with defensive players...fuck it we might as well just play with 11 keepers then!

i give thanks to jesus that you are not our manager.

good debate and intelligent points...well done, give yourself a pat on the back

This is just a typical example on how the forum mostly have two modes. Either it's we're gonna win da lig, or it's everything about the club suck, sack them all and start fresh. This scapegoating has to stop, it's evident that we have a small squad, players will have off days. And we don't have squat to say when they play poorly atm. because there is no one to come in and do a better job. Season so far has been tremendous and we should embrace it for what it's worth. My personal hope is 60 points, and that would be tremendous progress. Hopefully the rest of the squad will be assessed in the right manner during the summer and we can push on and repeat the buisness of this season into the next and cement our position as one of the top clubs instead of the middle/lower-bracket clubs.

i give thanks to jesus that you are not our manager.

good debate and intelligent points...well done, give yourself a pat on the back

And we don't have squat to say when they play poorly atm. because there is no one to come in and do a better job.

That's bollocks. Santon was kept out of the team for half a season and Ben Arfa still can't get a game.

Tell me what means by offense is the best attack.

my mistake then, should be offence is the best defense and I think the meaning is obvious, the more pressure we put on opposing teams or the more they think that they are opened to counter attack, then the less players they commit forward which helps us defensively.

The other point I was making which you seem to ignore is if we want to have a defensive winger against managerless Wolves at home, then what does that say of our style of play and commitment to play attacking football.

Even if I can agree with this to some extent it wouldn´t have been a great idé at Tottenham. He hadn´t the player and should have been playing deeper in the defence.

Of course its all conjecture, but I think playing HBA instead of Obertan gainst Spurs would have at least kept their defenders on their toes. With Obertan, their fullback was overlapping and we were under wave and wave of attacks.

Even if I can agree with this to some extent it wouldn´t have been a great idé at Tottenham. He hadn´t the player and should have been playing deeper in the defence.

Of course its all conjecture, but I think playing HBA instead of Obertan gainst Spurs would have at least kept their defenders on their toes. With Obertan, their fullback was overlapping and we were under wave and wave of attacks.

Ah. Maybe. But Arfa wasn´t the type of player that was missing. Think Raylor was a bigger loss. With him in the team the first goal probably wasn´t going to happen. If Tioté and Cabaye was playing then Arfa may have been a alternative.

Anyway. Was thinking about his comment. Really strange and far away from anything we have seen from him before. For me he seems very emotionally and frustrated with the players he had in the midfield, and not calm with carefully weighed words. Don´t know what to think of it. In some sense it quite refreshing but still maybe not. As I said, he sounds very frustrating for some reason.

In-playing that Raylor is a key player - well I would though: not that good.

Guest reefatoon

Dear me, the doom and gloom!!!

Come on here for a bit of football chat and stuff and end up leaving as miserable as fuck.

You would never think we are where we are when you read through some of these threads like.

1. Pardew - Tactically inept, rubbish and not good enough

2. Krul - Kicking is garbage and gives the ball away

3 - Simpson - Abomination of a fullback, worst in the league, must get rid.

4 - Santon - Rubbish at defending, never picks up a man, looks lost

5 - Williamson - Championship standard at best, should be nowhere near our team, totally crap.

6 - Colo - Far too slow and now too old, get shot.

7 - S Taylor - always injured needs replaced

8 - Obertan - Worst player to ever wear the black and white shirt, never a footballer, can't kick, dribble, run, pass or tie his own shoe laces.

9 - Guti - Plays too deep, has no end product always wastes the ball.

10 - Tiote - always getting booked, suspended too many times.

11 - Cabaye - Seems to have avoided most of the flack so far.

12 - Ben Arfa - Probably the best footballer to ever grace this Earth, virgins should be burned to the god of Arfa.

13 - Ba - Plays well but will always be at the ACN and at ramadan he is shit.

14 - Cisse - Always offside

14 - Shola - Deserves all the stick actually.

15 - Perch - See above

16 - R Taylor - Can play in many positions but is shit in them all

The rest of them not mentioned are just rubbish and not worth a mention and need replacing in the summer

Dear me, we are royally fucked like with this squad of no hopers!

I am sure the moaning and groaning wasn't as bad the season we went down.

Right, now I am off noose shopping.

Yep, that's what you get if you take a shitload of different opinions from different people (selecting only the negative ones of course) and put them all together into one post as though that's what 'the forum' thinks when in reality it is completely meaningless.

Come on here for a bit of football chat and stuff and end up leaving as miserable as f***.

You would never think we are where we are when you read through some of these threads like.

5 - Williamson - Championship standard at best, should be nowhere near our team, totally crap.

8 - Obertan - Worst player to ever wear the black and white shirt, never a footballer, can't kick, dribble, run, pass or tie his own shoe laces.

12 - Ben Arfa - Probably the best footballer to ever grace this Earth, virgins should be burned to the god of Arfa.

13 - Ba - Plays well but will always be at the ACN and at ramadan he is s***.

15 - Perch - See above

16 - R Taylor - Can play in many positions but is s*** in them all

The rest of them not mentioned are just rubbish and not worth a mention and need replacing in the summer

Dear me, we are royally f***ed like with this squad of no hopers!

But you've not mentioned any of the positive comments about players? So you post is effectivley a heap of shit.

Come on here for a bit of football chat and stuff and end up leaving as miserable as fuck.

13 - Ba - Plays well but will always be at the ACN and at ramadan he is shit.

15 - Perch - See above

16 - R Taylor - Can play in many positions but is shit in them all

Dear me, we are royally fucked like with this squad of no hopers!

Do you think the mood would be so deflated if we'd lost a close tussle 2-1? Because I don't. I think fans only tend to get really downhearted when we get pasted 5-0 and don't even look like we belong on the same pitch...or when we ship 5 to a team like Fulham. In the event you are going to get some people who are disappointed, what did you expect?

Let's have some perspective here, no one is pissed because we lost, more with the manner of the defeat I would say.

Guest reefatoon

Damn no nooses left or is is neese?

I wasn't on a wind up, thought it was a little tongue in cheek. I just look through the threads and they all feel so doom and gloom and apocalyptic.  Are our players really that bad though?  I just feel (especially as a team) that they are actually doing fantastic.

Yeah spurs game was an absolute shambles, but sometimes you just have to hold your hands up and admit you were completely outplayed by a better team on the day. It happens to teams all the time.

I am just a little surprised at the hatred for so many players.  I actually think this is the best bunch of players we have had for a while, especially when you look back at some of the highly paid, couldn't give a shit brigade we have had in the past.

Yeah some of them are lacking technically but as a team they are doing amazingly well.

I am dreading Neej coming back with another BOOM, as it cuts to the core I tells ya.