Alan Pardew

JH

I've noticed those that are more critical of Pardew offer good analysis of his faults, the team's etc. and basically debate these things whereas those that defend him have little to say other than we are 6th, we were in the Championship 2 years aho or we have a limited squad.

People need to clear their heads of such thoughts and look at our performances, his tactics, the way we play football, our team selections and even his subs. Focus on those things and tell me where he is going right and doing well?

What do you expect after a couple of defeats? There are more negatives than positives so those on one side of the argument are inevitably going to have more strings to their arguments.

If we'd come in off the back of a 4-0 win today, those defending Pardew would have more than "Well we're sixth" "Poor squad" etc.

We could look at the CC normal time and FA Cup game against Blackburn, 2-2 against Spurs etc. as signs of our grit and determination as a team (we're performing with a never-say-die attitude at times), the 3-0 against Man U to show that narrow, direct tactics can result in a good performance/result, the 3-1 against Stoke to show how our rigid, organised, counter attacking football can really damage a team, Blackburn and Villa wins in recent weeks to show that we can grind out a result even whilst under pressure.

The thought that we've chanced our way to 6th and the majority of our play this season has been poor is ludicrous. You can't get to challenging in the top 6 on luck alone, and in spite of the manager. It just doesn't happen.

We've been very poor in recent weeks, and the football isn't great, but that doesn't negate the whole season.

Football Manager children.

Boo hoo, my team didn't win a game they probably should have.

What a bunch of arseholes.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LJZBU51TCwM/TuVDztVv4fI/AAAAAAAAAP4/g0BZcEpTdBM/s1600/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Some pictures off the interent, that's me defeated then.

:lol:

you would think that we played like Barca this season and this was just a game off by some in here. This game was not just one of it kind, in fact we played this poor in a lot of games, even when we have won. and that is why people, like me, are upset.

:lol:

you would think that we played like Barca this season and this was just a game off by some in here. This game was not just one of it kind, in fact we played this poor in a lot of games, even when we have won. and that is why people, like me, are upset.

What utter bollocks :lol:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-LJZBU51TCwM/TuVDztVv4fI/AAAAAAAAAP4/g0BZcEpTdBM/s1600/Pot_Meet_Kettle.jpg

Why do you keep coming back on here if your only contribution is to say how stupid everyone is and call them names?

Why do you keep coming back on here if your only contribution is to say how stupid everyone is and call them names?

Aren't differing opinions and debate the whole point of forums?

Am I missing something?

Am I missing something?

A brain.

Am I missing something?

You didn't offer an opinion on the matter.

Am I missing something?

Try offering some then. Other people are, all you do is log on and call them arseholes.

Am I missing something?

A brain.

Cutting.

Of course they should have, but they didn't. That happens in football leagues all over the World, and makes this game so great.

Wolves were terrible yet they were allowed to come back from being 2 goals behind.  Our starting line-up was wrong, our tactics were wrong and the substitutions were wrong.

How would you have lined up at the start?

:lol: funny because that was the post of an arsehole

Possibly, but an arsehole who was watching football and this club before you were even thought of.

Is that an "I'm older than you" argument?

Am I missing something?

Try offering some then. Other people are, all you do is log on and call them arseholes.

I haven't abused a single poster, was just a general remark, didn't realise everyone was so sensitive.

My point is that even the greatest football teams the game has ever known, don't win all of the time. Look at Barcelona this year for example.

Mick - I actually agree regarding our first 11. Absolute bags of potential there if a suitable formation/tactics are adopted. Wasted on Pardew at the mo. This team could really go places - especially this year given how many points are separating 4th-7th.

It's just a shame we don't have a squad - how the hell they failed to bring another CB in January I do not know. Desperately short of quality at the back beyond Colo/Santon/Taylor. Absolutely crippling us at the mo - you can't build a 'solid' team from the back when Simpson is still gettig games.

Possibly, but an arsehole who was watching football and this club before you were even thought of.

If my 5-year-old son started lecturing me about Newcastle United and football in general, well, to be quite honest, I'd listen to what he had to say but in all honesty, I would dismiss out of hand as soon as he left the room.

So your contribution to the ongoing discussion about the qualities and shortcomings of our manager, the contribution that justifies calling everyone else arseholes and computer game-playing children is to point out that sometimes teams lose matches, and that at 42/43 you've been going to games for quite a while?

Thanks for that.

So your contribution to the ongoing discussion about the qualities and shortcomings of our manager, the contribution that justifies calling everyone else arseholes and computer game-playing children is to point out that sometimes teams lose matches, and that you've been going to games for quite a while?

Thanks for that.

Yes, pretty much. I'm angry and full of beer, apologies to anyone I may have offended.

Did we lose?

The best ones.

Maybe so, but that's football. Even the very best teams/managers don't win all the time.

We don't have a very good manager, we have an average (at best) manager who I think is getting the best results from the team but not the best performances and I base that on our season so far, not on today.  Even now though I think we're close to not getting the points expected because our poor performances are now affecting our points haul in a way that performances were being over shadowed before the New Year.

I would go as far as saying we've done nothing of note since the first week in January and even then the performances were far too erratic.

Maybe so, but that's football. Even the very best teams/managers don't win all the time.

We don't have a very good manager, we have an average (at best) manager who I think is getting the best results from the team but not the best performances and I base that on our season so far, not on today.  Even now though I think we're close to not getting the points expected because our poor performances are now affecting our points haul in a way that performances were being over shadowed before the New Year.

I would go as far as saying we've done nothing of note since the first week in January and even then the performances were far too erratic.

So what do you propose we do, re-appoint Kinnear or Shearer?

Do you honestly think any manager worth his salt would come and work here for buttons and under the financial restrictions?

Regardless of Pardew's shortcomings, we are well and truly punching above our weight this season, and he should be given a lot of credit imho.