Alan Pardew

JH

Guest bimpy474

Are people still whinging about Pards?

Seriously, get a fucking life.  :rose:

Unimpossible, we have no life, its why we are on here like :D

I haven't read hardly any of the recent posts tbf. I just figured it was quicker to ask. I just hope we go at Liverpool on Sunday because attack WILL be our best form of defense. Pards knows what he is doing though.

Guest bimpy474

I haven't read hardly any of the recent posts tbf. I just figured it was quicker to ask. I just hope we go at Liverpool on Sunday because attack WILL be our best form of defense. Pards knows what he is doing though.

Aye ;), i think what some including me dont like is the long ball stuff, when you look at the first half against WBA you cant understand the hoofball in previous games, sometimes i think Pards trys to be little too clever, the direct ball against Man Utd worked, he kind of stuck with it for a while.

Problem on here is we have little middle ground, if you point out Pards has made a mistake your pounced on as a hater, and vice versa, i'm happy enough with him, christ some Man Utd fans moan about Fergie despite all their success, and not long ago Arsenal fans wanted a change from Wenger.

Everyone will not be happy all of the time...life i guess.

From another forum:

Just got back from a talk in with Pards at Dunston Fed tonight. Some key things he said

- We are more or less there with player and club in getting a top quality CB in in the summer. Obviously didn't say who it was though but he was very confident.

- Andy Carroll sat down and told Pardew that he wanted to leave on that day when the £35m bid came in. Pardew blames his agent. Something interesting Pardew said was that if a player is anything less than 100% committed to the club then as long as the price is right they will be allowed to leave and we'll just go out and get someone better. He says there's a huge difference between a player being 90% committed and 100% committed and he only wants players who are 100% committed at the club.

- Pardew really regrets that Enrique had to leave. He said that the scars with the regime were too deep for him to fix but losing him was a hammer blow. Santon was brought in as a young defender and we've just muddled through at LB this season.

- Coloccini and Tiote are the two most influential and important players. Colo for obvious reasons, calming influence etc. Tiote because he goes absolutely all out every time he plays, including in training where he has been known to 'smash' Dan Gosling and Cabaye :lol:

Incidentally Tiote is training tomorrow and he's very hopeful he'll be available for Sunday.

- He's really concerned about Sunday because he really isn't sure on what the Liverpool team will be. Usually he has a good idea but this time he isn't sure so he thinks the subs will play a vital role.

- We tried to sign Oxlade-Chaimberlain but couldn't afford him.

- There is a big problem with the attitude of youth players. Young players come in and think they've made it when in reality they're a million miles away. That's why so many have been released this year.

- Demba Ba is not interested in the money and, although he's worried he might leave, he really thinks the fans could have a huge part to play in making him stay. He has got a release clause in his contract but Pardew says that he thinks Demba might stay. Having said that the club are making contingency plans in the event that the likes of him and Tiote want to leave.

- HBA is the best player he has ever worked with (including Tevez) but he is immensely difficult to manage as he is such a complex character. He has given him a lot of time to recover from his injury and to get used to the game and now is the time for him to shine. Really positive stuff on HBA.

All in all it was really good and he said some very interesting stuff. He comes across as really intelligent, very committed and proud to be manager. Really diligent and he clearly wants to do his best. He has a lot of self confidence.

He absolutely loves Demba. Says he is an exemplary person as well as a truly top class player. Basically the club didn't give Demba the contract he wanted so had to insert this release clause to get him to sign. But he pointed out that any club that want him will still have to stump up a lot of money and he would still have to pass a medical. He wants the fans to just keep telling him how much we love him and he thinks that will hold a big sway in whether he stays. Clearly we are vulnerable to him leaving though.

He also praised John Carver and Lee Charnley. As well as Graham Carr. He said that at the moment, Mike Ashley has got a hell of a lot of money and is sitting back and really taking a back seat while the other key people run things. But ultimately MA has the say because he is the man with the money. But he thinks Ashley is starting to enjoy things more and really get into it again.

The young player thing was really interesting. He said himself that his non-league upbringing is absolutely vital to him in that it taught him the game and taught him what it means etc. He thinks young players these days just don't have that attitude. They come in talented and think they've made it. And as a result they don't try hard and they don't have the hunger to succeed that they need to make it in the professional game. He said that that is the one thing about professional football that really irritates him. The attitudes of the young players.

Hmm, seems a bit suspect that he'd disclose the release clause in a talk-in. The other stuff is all pretty standard but if it is true then I like what he has had to say. The whole thing about commitment to the club is absolutely essential and you can see that in the way the team plays for each other. You look at some other clubs, Aston Villa for example and there's no team spirit getting them the results they need. The thing about Carroll, if that is true, then Carroll just nailed himself anally.

If that is true then its pretty clear Santon was actually signed as RB and probably where he will be next season.....

Interesting about Oxlade and i hope we get a top quality CB in the summer too and if hes as confident as all that then it probably means it will be done fairly quickly.

Guest ToonZA

Hmm, seems a bit suspect that he'd disclose the release clause in a talk-in. The other stuff is all pretty standard but if it is true then I like what he has had to say. The whole thing about commitment to the club is absolutely essential and you can see that in the way the team plays for each other. You look at some other clubs, Aston Villa for example and there's no team spirit getting them the results they need. The thing about Carroll, if that is true, then Carroll just nailed himself anally.

Probably because the info about the release clause is already out there and/or contact from other clubs has already been made about the release clause?? If Pardew is correct by stating that for Ba it is not about the money, then he has chosen the correct approach by asking the fans to continually show the player how important he is to the club as well as reminding potential suitors about issues he alledgedly had with medicals. Basically the club will be helpless if any bid triggers the release clause and Ba will then decide whether to go or stay.

Talks a lot of sense there, and he's right if players are not 100% committed, that's where we've gone wrong in the past just paying millions for mercenaries. Like the comment about if they go we'll just get someone better, genuinely think behind the scenes things are moving forward massively. You get the impression that Pardew is managing Ashley as much as the squad.

Important point about Tiote there I think, I often think that we take his work rate, attitude and commitment for granted just because he's always been like that. We'd miss his intensity in the middle if he left imo.

:thup:  Tiote is absolutely massive for us, not the player you take most note of during a game, but his work rate and "gameness" really helps us breaking up oppositions play.

Interesting words from Pardew anyway, and he is so spot on regarding young players. I am sure they made a stand, and it will send a msg to other young players. We can release you, no matter how good you are, if you don`t work hard enough. It also shows the new youngsters we are getting in, that this is not a walk in the park, and we expect 100% commitment and work ethic in training, and professionalism outside the pitch. Our youth setup will be very interesting to follow the next couple of years, i think we are heading the right way. If we could produce a couple of good players who can compete for a place in out starting 11, i would be absolutely over the moon.  Nothing like a product of our own academy making it at the top level. Makes me proud and really feel closer connected to the player. Howay!

Guest ToonZA

Important point about Tiote there I think, I often think that we take his work rate, attitude and commitment for granted just because he's always been like that. We'd miss his intensity in the middle if he left imo.

:thup:  Tiote is absolutely massive for us, not the player you take most note of during a game, but his work rate and "gameness" really helps us breaking up oppositions play.

Interesting words from Pardew anyway, and he is so spot on regarding young players. I am sure they made a stand, and it will send a msg to other young players. We can release you, no matter how good you are, if you don`t work hard enough. It also shows the new youngsters we are getting in, that this is not a walk in the park, and we expect 100% commitment and work ethic in training, and professionalism outside the pitch. Our youth setup will be very interesting to follow the next couple of years, i think we are heading the right way. If we could produce a couple of good players who can compete for a place in out starting 11, i would be absolutely over the moon.  Nothing like a product of our own academy making it at the top level. Makes me proud and really feel closer connected to the player. Howay!

Including the valid points you mentioned, getting a couple of players from the youth set up to blend into the first team makes us less reliant on using our current transfer policy to bring players into the club. Albeit we have been brilliant with our transfer policy there is always a huge risk. Obviously cheaper option as well.

Talks a lot of sense there, and he's right if players are not 100% committed, that's where we've gone wrong in the past just paying millions for mercenaries. Like the comment about if they go we'll just get someone better, genuinely think behind the scenes things are moving forward massively. You get the impression that Pardew is managing Ashley as much as the squad.

One of the biggest reasons I've always backed Pardew is that he seems to have worked out a way to work with Ashley. Whether he's managing upwards or he's just being flexible when he needs to, he seems to have got it right. As long as Ashley's here, it's in our best interests to have a manager that can do that IMO.

Yep.  Personally can't believe some people seem so nonchalant about him going.  He'd be a massive loss.

Interesting listening to Talkshite, Alladyce on defending himself for calling W/ham fans delussional because they do not play the "West Ham Way". Loads of West Ham fans on hitting back and saying the last time they played the "West Ham Way" was under Pardew and seemed very happy with the way they played under him. 

I was at the talk in last night, He came across as a very genuine bloke.

Told a great story of his first game in charge (when we beat Liverpool 3-1) said it was a great game & after the game went up to the boardroom to see Ashley

only to find him & Lambias mortal drunk!!  :lol:

When asked who is "the longest in the shower" between Cisse & Ba said he didn't know as they both wore trunks  :mike:

Said he was loving it up here & the best part of the job was the home games, The worst part of the job is the press..

Seems like a great bloke  O0

Told a great story of his first game in charge (when we beat Liverpool 3-1) said it was a great game & after the game went up to the boardroom to see Ashley

When asked who is "the longest in the shower" between Cisse & Ba said he didn't know as they both wore trunks  :mike:

Said he was loving it up here & the best part of the job was the home games, The worst part of the job is the press..

Did he say out about our style of play?

:lol: Witty bastard.