Alan Pardew

JH

RE the Daily Mail - It looks like the players completely spoiled that piece by winning the game.

Kevin Nolan gave a very good interview on MOTD. After saying how disappointed they all were to lose Chris, he said that Ashley as the owner has to make tough decisions, and he appreciated the fact that he met all the players to explain his reasoning.

Very few think it was the right decision, but it was certainly a bold one. He would have known what the reaction would be.

RE the Daily Mail - It looks like the players completely spoiled that piece by winning the game.

Kevin Nolan gave a very good interview on MOTD. After saying how disappointed they all were to lose Chris, he said that Ashley as the owner has to make tough decisions, and he appreciated the fact that he met all the players to explain his reasoning.

Very few think it was the right decision, but it was certainly a bold one. He would have known what the reaction would be.

id say the players spoiled quite a few of the sunday rags pieces (of no doubt mcmackem of the sunday mirror and mr anal oliver)

Not according to Joey Barton.

I may have got it wrong but I didn't think Barton was saying there wasn't any reasoning offered just that the reasoning that was offered might be bollox. 

I certainly won't be singing his name, but won't approach him with the hatred I instantly reacted with. This has nothing to do with the result today - well it does, to the extent that it suggests the players are willing to give him a chance, so so should I. Also the player interviews and comments from other managers e.g. KK who reckon he's a decent guy.

I may have got it wrong but I didn't think Barton was saying there wasn't any reasoning offered just that the reasoning that was offered might be bollox. 

I may have miss heard it but didn't Barton say that it was Llambias who spoke to them, not Ashley?

W O W.

I go away to Jamaica for a week, a week without internet, and this is what happens.

This is some shock to me, all this, although I did hear about the Hughton sacking on Wednesday.

Getting a huge coffee and staying up all night reading all the threads, and hope to post some feelings in the 'death to Ashley' threads (hope there are some).

He said: ‘You can’t work with these people. You can’t trust them. They tell you one thing and mean another... Mike Ashley doesn’t know anything about football and Derek Llambias knows even less than him. So you’ve got two people running the club who know nothing.’

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1337850/Patrick-Collins-Chris-Hughton-Newcastle-United-hero-Batman-Robin-upstairs.html

get in Keegan!

From the MotD interview from Nolan he said 'he came down to say he had to make a tough decision' which suggests to me it was probably prematch in the ground where Ashley spoke to the players. Barton might have been referring to a meeting on Friday with Llambias.

I doubt that it was prematch in the ground. Just before the game wouldn't have been good timing.

Perhaps it was both Llambias and Ashley that spoke to the players. Ashley does show up at the training ground to meet the players on a fairly regular basis, from what I can tell.

I'll say this for Ashley, and it won't go down well. Whilst I didn't agree with the decision, at least he had the balls to make it, to face the players with it, and to turn up for the next home game.

In the full Nolan interview on the BBC website he clarifies that it was Llambias who spoke to the players, not Ashley.

I can confirm that.

As well as that when Llambias told the players Hughton was sacked you could hear the shouting at Llambias from outside the training ground dressing room, an apparently Barotn was going mad.

And apparently Hughton got sacked because Ashley couldn't trust him in the transfer market, Hughton was a good coach but not a manger and too soft on the players since Calderwood left. Apparently Calderwood was the disciplinarian.

I'm an ITK now! :)

In the full Nolan interview on the BBC website he clarifies that it was Llambias who spoke to the players, not Ashley.

I can confirm that.

As well as that when Llambias told the players Hughton was sacked you could hear the shouting at Llambias from outside the training ground dressing room, an apparently Barotn was going mad.

And apparently Hughton got sacked because Ashley couldn't trust him in the transfer market, Hughton was a good coach but not a manger and too soft on the players since Calderwood left. Apparently Calderwood was the disciplinarian.

I'm an ITK now! :)

Did Llambias tell them that? :lol:

"He's too easy on you lazy cunts"

Guest MrSundlofer

Our London lawyers told us two weeks ago that Pardew was being lined up, to the extend that a draft contract was in place. I can only guess from that they they have prepared it. I refused to believe it but I am not sure all of a sudden...

And from Sky Sports today:

Alan Pardew insists he never agreed to become Newcastle United manager before Chris Hughton was sacked.

Hughton was given the boot by the Magpies on Monday and was replaced at St James' Park by Pardew three days later.

However, there have been rumours that Pardew's appointment as Newcastle boss had been lined up several weeks ago.

Speaking after a 3-1 home win over Liverpool in his first game in charge, Pardew stressed there was no previous agreement to take over on Tyneside.

"That was never true," said Pardew in response to the claims.

"In terms of myself, I never really had any contact about this job or any other job. It's a weird situation."

I think Pardew had no contact with Llambias, Ashley or someone else in the Newcastle United board about the job... but I think his agent had and Pardew knew all about it.

I have to say, going off his pre and post match comments today (and the players comments), I'm willing to give him a chance. This isn't based on the result, but more the way he handled the questions today, and the way the players seemed to respect him.

I thought his post match interview with the BBC was pretty much perfectly handled (apart from him saying taking the "balls of the bull" :)).

The next 3 or 4 games will go a long way to giving the fans confidence in him, but I think the right and proper thing for us to do in this situation is support him and the team, and only direct the anger towards the owner.

100% agreed