Alan Pardew

JH

I think Pardew's relationship with the Board is bound to be a bit different. Ashley has stuck his neck out and taken a risk, going against all popular judgement. He's the manager that Ashley has singled out as his choice, whereas every other manager has been someone that he's had to accept through circumstances. Ashley has double the reason for not wanting Pardew to fail.

You could say that Keegan was also Ashley's choice, but he was brought in at a point of emergency, with the flawed logic that he would keep the support onside whilst the slow process of rebuilding began. It was a choice based on what had happened in the past, and lacked courage.

Even Keegan wasn't Ashley's first choice at the time, Redknapp was.

The most encouraging thing for me is the way the players are talking about him. They seem to like him and are enjoying training, and that is by far the most important thing.

As a person he seems alright and I don't resent him for taking the job but I still miss wor Chris.

The most encouraging thing for me is the way the players are talking about him. They seem to like him and are enjoying training, and that is by far the most important thing.

As a person he seems alright and I don't resent him for taking the job but I still miss wor Chris.

The players have said good things about every single incoming manager up to and including Souness or Kinnear. I wouldn't put much stock into it.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

Saw Pardew on SSN yesterday, looks like he's aged 5 years in the 2 weeks he's been here!

Probably some insurance scam where he fakes his death and claims the life insurance, to pay off Mike Ashley. He'll be found in Panama in 15 years time.

I think we all miss CH and he will always be highly regarded for what he did for us.

Alan Pardew has always been very highly thought of by professionals and other coaches and it's no surprise that he is getting the players on side.

It's very early days but so far he has handled himself impeccably and is going about the job the right way, in what were initially extremely difficult circumstances. I admire that.

Yeah. It's 4-5-1 and although we're at home, Man City have got enough steel to win the midfield battle. I feel more confident of us grinding out a result with Barton, Nolan and Tiote all in the mix. If it's still neck-and-neck, we can bring Ranger on in typical fashion.

Nolan up front just doesn't work. Hopefully after today he's realised that, as the formation was too negative from the off.

Agreed, I can't understand going 5 in the middle and we paid for it from the off.  We would have been much better off if we'd played our own game and gave them more to think about.

Nolan up front just doesn't work. Hopefully after today he's realised that, as the formation was too negative from the off.

Agreed, I can't understand going 5 in the middle and we paid for it from the off.  We would have been much better off if we'd played our own game and gave them more to think about.

clearly our midfields fault for the 2 goals at the start...  :nope:

clearly our midfields fault for the 2 goals at the start...  :nope:

Is that what I said?  We packed the midfield and didn't have enough outlets up front, you may have noticed that we had our best play when we went 2 up front and took the game further up the field for longer periods.

Nolan up front is too easy to mark. It negates almost all of the positives about his play.

His pace today seemed worse than normal, God know what his calorie intake had been like these last few days.  It was like watching the QE2 doing sea trials today when he tried to change direction.