Alan Pardew

JH

Mate, please do not compare Wenger with Pardew, it's a non-starter. He is f***ing s***.

The point I was making (rather poorly) is that if we don't get the manager we want, we shouldn't write off whoever does get the gig

So say they've binned Hughton because they say they want 'more experience' and get Pardew in, do they let him make changes in January? What if those changes are wank and we go down (or very nearly) - do they then sack Pardew? Who comes in then?

I know our squad is hardly brimming with talent but there are some good players there who have stuck with us when they probably shouldn't have, and players who plenty of other clubs would want. IMO we're staring down the barrel of a Souness-style demolition of the team, squad and possibly club here.

Binning CH for Pardew is nothing short of madness.

So say they've binned Hughton because they say they want 'more experience' and get Pardew in, do they let him make changes in January? What if those changes are w*** and we go down (or very nearly) - do they then sack Pardew? Who comes in then?

I know our squad is hardly brimming with talent but there are some good players there who have stuck with us when they probably shouldn't have, and players who plenty of other clubs would want. IMO we're staring down the barrel of a Souness-style demolition of the team, squad and possibly club here.

Was just thinking about it again. It is too stupid, even for Ashley. There is absolutley no logical explanation for this whatsoever. There has to be someone else. Has to.

Aside from being an unpopular choice, what has Pardew actually done to offend so many on here?

Basicaly imagine your mate crashes your brand new Audi and replaces it with a Y-reg Ford Escord, this is how it feels. I personaly wouldn't hold any qualms against the car, but I could never love and nurture it in the same way I did it's predecessor.

Aside from being an unpopular choice, what has Pardew actually done to offend so many on here?

Basicaly imagine your mate crashes your brand new Audi and replaces it with a Y-reg Ford Escord, this is how it feels. I personaly wouldn't hold any qualms against the car, but I could never love and nurture it in the same way I did it's predecessor.

That's fine, but it's not the car's fault, is it?

It's not Pardew's fault he's a shit manager, no.

But he's still a shit manager.

A shit manager and not a particularly nice human being.

Guest GAMMELL

So say they've binned Hughton because they say they want 'more experience' and get Pardew in, do they let him make changes in January? What if those changes are w*** and we go down (or very nearly) - do they then sack Pardew? Who comes in then?

Was just thinking about it again. It is too stupid, even for Ashley. There is absolutley no logical explanation for this whatsoever. There has to be someone else. Has to.

It reeks of pure unfiltrated shit, let's sack an up and coming English manager who has done imo a rather exemplary job thus far in the Premier League and hire a cunt who couldn't even hack it Division 3. Good work Ashley, you absolute horror of a human being.

Guest ykmkmdd

One crumb of hope I'm clinging to is that Pardew is the "last resort" backup the club have in case every decent manager turns them down, so we don't end up rudderless for weeks like before the JFK debacle.

Of course, every decent manager will turn this bunch of halfwits down so we'll end up with Pardew anyway, but I'm hanging onto anything right now...

It reeks of pure unfiltrated shit, let's sack an up and coming English manager who has done imo a rather exemplary job thus far in the Premier League and hire a cunt who couldn't even hack it Division 3. Good work Ashley, you absolute horror of a human being.

Irish.

A shit manager and not a particularly nice human being.

A shit manager and not a particularly nice human being and a clear representation of everything that is wrong with the way this club is run.

Guest GAMMELL

Irish.

Irish / English  O0

Mate, please do not compare Wenger with Pardew, it's a non-starter. He is f***ing s***.

The point I was making (rather poorly) is that if we don't get the manager we want, we shouldn't write off whoever does get the gig

You know how it is - results will ultimately decide the issue. IF Pardew gets the job and sticks some decent results in there will be a tolerance. If he doesn't there won't be much much patience from the fan base, simply because he will have done nothing to earn that patience (unlike Hughton).

But IF he is the next manager what does it tell you about the vision and strategic thinking of those in power at SJP?

How did this pratt fair at Southampton? Was he sacked by the League 1 side or did he walk??

LEAGUE 1 FFS

He took over a team that was coming out of administration with a 10 or 15 point deduction and turned them into an entertaining side to watch.

Dispite a late run of form they missed out on the playoffs but did win the Johnsons Paint Trophy

Which wasn't difficult to do considering they were the Man City of the league spending 1m on Lambert, 1.5m on Fonte etc, even Dennis Wise managed to get Leeds in the playoffs with a -15 deduction and no sugar daddy.

He's been hopeless since West Hams cup final and was lucky to get them up in the first place.

Have pretty much accepted this now  :weep:

What a tragedy.

How the hell anyone can accept it is beyond me. I don't care how unfair it is on Pardew (Stu), I will rage against him as a manager on principle.

Ditto.

Kinnear avoided it by being dubbed a 'caretaker'. Pardew will have a longer term deal and will feel the full force of the fans anger. Rightly so too, he should not be anywhere near this club.

Have pretty much accepted this now  :weep:

What a tragedy.

How the hell anyone can accept it is beyond me. I don't care how unfair it is on Pardew (Stu), I will rage against him as a manager on principle.

I meant I have accepted that Mike Ashley is going to appoint this nitwit ahead of Jol, because he just seems too loopy to do the right thing and go all out for Jol. It will be devastating.

Pardew was pushed from Southampton, mainly because of the "rumours" that he and a couple of his coaches used to turn up to training drunk. He absolutely ruined the fitness levels of the southampton players too.

He claims that the chairman didn't agree with his vision on how the team should play football. Interesting that Southampton then replaced him with a manager obsessed with playing the ball on the ground (even with "little old scunthorpe").

Pardew was pushed from Southampton, mainly because of the "rumours" that he and a couple of his coaches used to turn up to training drunk. He absolutely ruined the fitness levels of the southampton players too.

He claims that the chairman didn't agree with his vision on how the team should play football. Interesting that Southampton then replaced him with a manager obsessed with playing the ball on the ground (even with "little old scunthorpe").

The Pardew brand just gets better and better....