Alan Pardew

JH

I don't think individually there's much if anything between Taylor and Williamson. I just think the latter works better with Coloccini. :dontknow:

I think both worked equally well with Colo last season. I do think we conceded less goals in the first half of the season, though. :undecided:

we sat back a lot more 1st half of the season though

He's already begun to dismantle the team spirit with his comments about Jose and Ranger. The man is a proven 100% cast iron arsehole and will be a catastrophe for NUFC.

How is commenting on Jose's Twitter feed or Ranger's lateness for training any different than Hughton saying Carroll had been 'a bit below par' in training a couple of months back?

I don't like Pardew much, but there are some laughable double standards on display in this thread.

How is commenting on Jose's Twitter feed or Ranger's lateness for training any different than Hughton saying Carroll had been 'a bit below par' in training a couple of months back?

I don't like Pardew much, but there are some laughable double standards on display in this thread.

Hughton saying that Carroll has been a bit below par is not potentially a disciplinary matter, Hughton never talked about anything regarding the players and non playing issues as far as I can remember.

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

He's already begun to dismantle the team spirit with his comments about Jose and Ranger. The man is a proven 100% cast iron arsehole and will be a catastrophe for NUFC.

He's done nothing wrong

Easy to have double standards when you've decided from the word go not to give Pardew a chance because he was appointed by the evil one to replace the angelic Hughton.

We can argue about whether playing Perch at left back was the wrong decision (for the record I thought he played decent until he let Lennon shoot and even then it was deflected in) and whether Smith should have played at all (so better to play Guthrie?), but surely tweeting about your injury and therefore possible lineup is something that most decent managers would not condone. But don't let common sense get in the way if you've decided that you hate Pardew.

For the record I think Pardew is average at best but I will give him till the transfer window closes to see if he can get us points against opponents that we should be beating and whether he can get us some much needed bodies. 

Easy to have double standards when you've decided from the word go not to give Pardew a chance because he was appointed by the evil one to replace the angelic Hughton.

We can argue about whether playing Perch at left back was the wrong decision (for the record I thought he played decent until he let Lennon shoot and even then it was deflected in) and whether Smith should have played at all (so better to play Guthrie?), but surely tweeting about your injury and therefore possible lineup is something that most decent managers would not condone. But don't let common sense get in the way if you've decided that you hate Pardew.

For the record I think Pardew is average at best but I will give him till the transfer window closes to see if he can get us points against opponents that we should be beating and whether he can get us some much needed bodies. 

Agree with pretty much all of that.

Some people's need to see Pardew fail is greater than their desire to see their team succeed.

He's done nothing wrong

Nothing wrong with laying down the law I agree...sometimes it needs to be done. Some people can do it quietly and effectively like Alex Ferguson. Others like to make a public show of their hard man credentials like Graeme Souness. The spirit in the camp seems ok at the moment but the next couple of games should tell us a lot whether Pardew is more like Fergie or Souness.

It will be interesting to see if Ashley backs Pardew with funds in the transfer market. There aren't any excuses left.

He's going to buy him Ben Arfa.

Hope so, though arguably the work has already been done on that one. Interesting to read his entourage mention how professional and welcoming we've been towards him. Pity we don't treat our managers that way.

Hope so, though arguably the work has already been done on that one. Interesting to read his entourage mention how professional and welcoming we've been towards him. Pity we don't treat our managers that way.

:sadnod:

Fingers crossed he has enough feeling already for the place/club/fans to see past the poor treatment of Chris.

I suspect, like maddy, there's not much in it, tbh. Sometimes, I think we look worse/more ragged with Taylor simply because of his 'whole-hearted' approach. He and Williamson are probably equally average but Taylor is more flamboyantly average.

The thing that works in the Willicini combo's favour is they've played a good few games together and looked settled.

Taylor is too rash and the defence doesn't hold its position because he's erratic.  He doesn't even do the basics like looking along the line so see where the others are and the off-side which was working well seems to now be history.  People mentioned that our defence played a high line earlier in the season but it was effective because we regularly stepped out to play the off-side.  Taylor seems to be in la-la land as far as his fellow defenders go.

we only played a high line at man city and because it was commented on by the commentators people think we done it all the time....we didn't. man city and west ham till they scored were the only times we've done it (west ham until they scored was also the worst we've defended all season). thinking back on it the opposite is probably more true with people citing that we sat far too far back in many games. (blackpool,stoke,fulham)

I suspect, like maddy, there's not much in it, tbh. Sometimes, I think we look worse/more ragged with Taylor simply because of his 'whole-hearted' approach. He and Williamson are probably equally average but Taylor is more flamboyantly average.

The thing that works in the Willicini combo's favour is they've played a good few games together and looked settled.

Taylor is too rash and the defence doesn't hold its position because he's erratic.  He doesn't even do the basics like looking along the line so see where the others are and the off-side which was working well seems to now be history.  People mentioned that our defence played a high line earlier in the season but it was effective because we regularly stepped out to play the off-side.  Taylor seems to be in la-la land as far as his fellow defenders go.

we only played a high line at man city and because it was commented on by the commentators people think we done it all the time....we didn't. man city and west ham till they scored were the only times we've done it (west ham until they scored was also the worst we've defended all season). thinking back on it the opposite is probably more true with people citing that we sat far too far back in many games. (blackpool,stoke,fulham)

It's been mentioned a load of times this season that we've played with a high line. It's all Chris Waddle has talked about whenever I've heard him commentating on our matches.

It's been mentioned a load of times this season that we've played with a high line. It's all Chris Waddle has talked about whenever I've heard him commentating on our matches.

i'm struggling to think of when then. certainly haven't done so at home and didn't at man utd,everton,wolves,west brom or bolton or yesterday (those are the games i've seen in full, can't comment on the others)

Chronicle with some amazing defending of him today :lol:: lol:

"Pardew was forced to play a defensive 4-5-1 formation due to the suspension of captain Kevin Nolan"

err.... what about the four strikers on the bench? Hardly forced, more due to his own stupidity.

"Pardew was forced to play a defensive 4-5-1 formation due to the suspension of captain Kevin Nolan"

err.... what about the four strikers on the bench? Hardly forced, more due to his own stupidity.

What does that even mean? If Nolan had been available, we'd still have played 4-5-1. :lol: Stupid Chronicle :lol:

What does that even mean? If Nolan had been available, we'd still have played 4-5-1. :lol: Stupid Chronicle :lol:

strictly speaking it wouldn't have been 4-5-1 but 4-4-1 + nolan.

Rubbish. Criticising his managerial ability is fair enough but he's done nowt wrong with regards to those two.

No reason to go public with either situation. Managers should manage the players rather than go blabbing about it in the papers.

My opinion obviously. 

Indeed, not that I think Pardew is wrong about either. Just keep it in house.

Rubbish. Criticising his managerial ability is fair enough but he's done nowt wrong with regards to those two.

Agreed.  Pardew has done nothing wrong in relation to Enrique and Ranger.

Ranger clearly needs a kick up the backside.  And quick.

No reason to go public with either situation. Managers should manage the players rather than go blabbing about it in the papers.

My opinion obviously. 

And regardless of everyone's opinion of it, it goes completely against the current regime's apparent lack of wanting to talk in public about club issues. So he's making them look like liers....again.

My opinion obviously. 

No idea on what the context of the Ranger story was, but wasn't the Enrique one just sprung on him in the post-match interview?