Alan Pardew

JH

Was almost prepared to give the bloke a chance but two things he has done this week have left me fuming:

1) bringing on tiote needlessly

2) essentially lying about Carroll having a chance of playing.

Today he has admitted that Andy is "not even close" and that it is only fair to the people of Newcastle to let them know that now. No Alan what would have been fair was just to have told everyone straight that he wasn't going to be fit. It sounds very much to be we will see him at Fulham at the earliest.

Part of my anger is probably a kneejerk reaction at the news Andy will miss the derby but I need someone to blame and Pardew it is. The bloke chats a load of s%*£, needs to learn to say less. Not for the first time this week my blood is boiling and I can't wait to see the back of the bloke  :angry:

Guest neesy111

Don't even know why he said Carroll is not fit today.  We should of just said that after we announced our team to make it uncertain to SAFC about who we we're going to play etc.

Don't even know why he said Carroll is not fit today.  We should of just said that after we announced our team to make it uncertain to SAFC about who we we're going to play etc.

That would give them a big boost just before kick off.

Was almost prepared to give the bloke a chance but two things he has done this week have left me fuming:

Today he has admitted that Andy is "not even close" and that it is only fair to the people of Newcastle to let them know that now. No Alan what would have been fair was just to have told everyone straight that he wasn't going to be fit. It sounds very much to be we will see him at Fulham at the earliest.

Part of my anger is probably a kneejerk reaction at the news Andy will miss the derby but I need someone to blame and Pardew it is. The bloke chats a load of s%*£, needs to learn to say less. Not for the first time this week my blood is boiling and I can't wait to see the back of the bloke  :angry:

Tiresome tosh.

The club sent Carroll to Dubai hoping that some R&R would aid a quick recovery. He's come back, been assessed and been ruled out. Until he came back on Tues/ Weds there was always a chance he would be fit.

There's a lot of talk about Pardew being too talkative. I think nearly all of our managers have been keen to give the press a regular comment, certainly Keegan and Robson did. The only real exception was Hughton who kept his counsel and generally came out with very bland comments that many people on here criticised or complained about- especially his blatant dodging of transfer talk.

I'm all for Pardew getting criticised for last weekend's shambles and if he loses on Sunday, but this hand wringing over his quips to the press is silly. NUFC are a club where the fans are constantly wanting news and as such the press buzz round the manager on a regular basis.

Part of my anger is probably a kneejerk reaction at the news Andy will miss the derby but I need someone to blame and Pardew it is. The bloke chats a load of s%*£, needs to learn to say less. Not for the first time this week my blood is boiling and I can't wait to see the back of the bloke  :angry:

Tiresome tosh.

The club sent Carroll to Dubai hoping that some R&R would aid a quick recovery. He's come back, been assessed and been ruled out. Until he came back on Tues/ Weds there was always a chance he would be fit.

There's a lot of talk about Pardew being too talkative. I think nearly all of our managers have been keen to give the press a regular comment, certainly Keegan and Robson did. The only real exception was Hughton who kept his counsel and generally came out with very bland comments that many people on here criticised or complained about- especially his blatant dodging of transfer talk.

I'm all for Pardew getting criticised for last weekend's shambles and if he loses on Sunday, but this hand wringing over his quips to the press is silly. NUFC are a club where the fans are constantly wanting news and as such the press buzz round the manager on a regular basis.

:lol:

Still trying to put out all these fires I see. Good luck.

Guest sicko2ndbest

If he gets Enrique and Barton to extend until 2014-15 he will go a long way to winning me over.

With Taylor, Tiote, Carroll already on long term contracts, add those two to the list and the futures bright, the futures black and white

Tiresome tosh.

Personally I can't see how the medical staff would not have known that he wouldn't be fit, given that there is seemingly only an outside chance of him being fit for the spurs and it a very distinct possiblilty that he will be given a further 10 days to recover and thus make his comeback at Fulham. It has been made out (granted a lot of this may be down to the media) that he was touch and go or 50/50 for the derby, however, from Pardew it's gone from "fingers crossed" he will be fit to the facthe isn't "even close", therefore to me we have been mislead.

I can't say this is fact, it is just my opinion but at the same time you can't say for a fact that there was always a chance he could play therefore to dismiss it as tiresome tosh is just disrepsectful.

I think one of the things to be said is that most people wouldn't give a shit either way if otherwise he was a decent manager. If in the long term he does well this will be forgotten about, but in the mean time there's about as much reason to be sceptical about him as there was Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and Kinnear. So unless he talks well, and he really doesn't talk well, then he should keep quiet. As it is, it isn't just the sound of his voice on me that I'm concerned about but its effect on the players.

Tiresome tosh.

Personally I can't see how the medical staff would not have known that he wouldn't be fit, given that there is seemingly only an outside chance of him being fit for the spurs and it a very distinct possiblilty that he will be given a further 10 days to recover and thus make his comeback at Fulham. It has been made out (granted a lot of this may be down to the media) that he was touch and go or 50/50 for the derby, however, from Pardew it's gone from "fingers crossed" he will be fit to the facthe isn't "even close", therefore to me we have been mislead.

I can't say this is fact, it is just my opinion but at the same time you can't say for a fact that there was always a chance he could play therefore to dismiss it as tiresome tosh is just disrepsectful.

you can never really be sure on injuries and the club did the right thing in hoping a bit of sun and relaxation for ac9 in dubai would help but sadly it didn't, shit happens nowt you can really do.

as for pardew, all he said was hopeful never said certain to be playing and nowt wrong with that

I think one of the things to be said is that most people wouldn't give a shit either way if otherwise he was a decent manager. If in the long term he does well this will be forgotten about, but in the mean time there's about as much reason to be sceptical about him as there was Souness, Roeder, Allardyce and Kinnear. So unless he talks well, and he really doesn't talk well, then he should keep quiet. As it is, it isn't just the sound of his voice on me that I'm concerned about but its effect on the players.

Good post.

Pardew is just trying to talk his way in to a relationship with the fans. It's just like bedding a woman, say what they want to hear and pretend to listen when they speak. He's got it down to an art form.

Pardew is just trying to talk his way in to a relationship with the fans. It's just like bedding a woman, say what they want to hear and pretend to listen when they speak. He's got it down to an art form.

This thread suggests not :lol: Unless he's playing the game where you upset as many as you can so you can flush out the one that wants to defends you :lol:

Except all the smart ones know he's got chlamydia and he's wasting his breath.

He may reel in a few daft slappers but they'll only regret it in the long run.

Guest Heneage

Don't even know why he said Carroll is not fit today.  We should of just said that after we announced our team to make it uncertain to SAFC about who we we're going to play etc.

That would give them a big boost just before kick off.

Exactly, let them get excited 2 days before.

Guest neesy111

I really didnt want to hear this come out of Pardews mouth

Shola has played brilliantly since I have been here, and I am a big admirer of his

Taken from HERE

Reminds me of the comments :kinnear: used to say about The Fenham Pele.

I really didnt want to hear this come out of Pardews mouth

Shola has played brilliantly since I have been here, and I am a big admirer of his

Taken from HERE

He's said nowt wrong there tbf. It's his job to get them motivated and Shola needs to be motivated more than most.