Alan Pardew

JH

Did well today, got a very decent result (so nearly a heroic result) with key players missing. It's down to a very dubious decision by both AP and a referee that one of those is missing but so be it. Getting results when players are missing is what he was brought in to do. 

What odds on a Roeder-like run from now until May and sneaking into Europe?

Nee chance. Can't see anyone other than the top 5 winning the two cups and we're not going to come 5th.

Plus we are going to have key players out for a couple more games at least.

Nee chance. Can't see anyone other than the top 5 winning the two cups and we're not going to come 5th.

That's what gets us into Europe though isn't it? If Arsenal win the Carling Cup then it drops to 6th, and if two top 6 clubs reach the FA Cup Final then it's 7th.

Plus we are going to have key players out for a couple more games at least.

But they will be coming back with Gosling getting fit and Ben Arfa coming in for the final push.

Nailed on :snod:

europe for anyone from the scum down to liverpool in the current table is achievable given how all over the place the table is, not likely for us if you ask me but who knows stranger things have happened.

i also find myself strangely growing fond of the pardew 360 when we miss a chance for some daft reason

It would go down as a massive achievement for Hughton if we did  :shifty:

I guess Souness gets the credit for that season then. ;)

Narr, Shearer should get a hell of a lot of credit for our promotion mind. :snod:

europe for anyone from the scum down to liverpool in the current table is achievable given how all over the place the table is, not likely for us if you ask me but who knows stranger things have happened.

i also find myself strangely growing fond of the pardew 360 when we miss a chance for some daft reason

:lol:

I've taking to calling it the Pardew Pirouette

It would be great in many ways to get in to europe. but I think it´s better to miss out this year. we don´t have the squad to compete in europe and the league (and the cups) next season. but next year, then :pow:

Considering the lead-up to the game and the absent players, we looked very composed and organised yesterday. Despite our limitations, we seemed to know what we were doing and should have won. Pardew should take credit for that.

Yeah I agree. I went yesterday fearing the worst with a depleted side but we were by far the better side and only bad luck cost us a great win.