Alan Pardew

JH

Was almost prepared to give the bloke a chance but two things he has done this week have left me fuming:

1) bringing on tiote needlessly

2) essentially lying about Carroll having a chance of playing.

Today he has admitted that Andy is "not even close" and that it is only fair to the people of Newcastle to let them know that now. No Alan what would have been fair was just to have told everyone straight that he wasn't going to be fit. It sounds very much to be we will see him at Fulham at the earliest.

Part of my anger is probably a kneejerk reaction at the news Andy will miss the derby but I need someone to blame and Pardew it is. The bloke chats a load of s%*£, needs to learn to say less. Not for the first time this week my blood is boiling and I can't wait to see the back of the bloke  :angry:

Tiresome tosh.

The club sent Carroll to Dubai hoping that some R&R would aid a quick recovery. He's come back, been assessed and been ruled out. Until he came back on Tues/ Weds there was always a chance he would be fit.

There's a lot of talk about Pardew being too talkative. I think nearly all of our managers have been keen to give the press a regular comment, certainly Keegan and Robson did. The only real exception was Hughton who kept his counsel and generally came out with very bland comments that many people on here criticised or complained about- especially his blatant dodging of transfer talk.

I'm all for Pardew getting criticised for last weekend's shambles and if he loses on Sunday, but this hand wringing over his quips to the press is silly. NUFC are a club where the fans are constantly wanting news and as such the press buzz round the manager on a regular basis.

Why does carroll need to go to Dubai for and tbh if he had any chance of being fit for the Scum game he would never have travelled there in the first place but tried to get him fit so in reality why not at the start of the week say Andys in Dubai cos he is not available for the weekend due to injury.

I really didnt want to hear this come out of Pardews mouth

Shola has played brilliantly since I have been here, and I am a big admirer of his

Taken from HERE

Of course it would be far better to say that Shola is fairly shyte but he's all we've got so he's playing.

I'm not gonna argue on the value of Tiote because that is subjective, to each his own. My point was that he is more just than a DM, so putting him on does not mean we were becoming more defensive. You are right majority of our players underperformed against Stevenage, I don't know the reason for that, could be a combination of fatigue, attittude, Barton on the left, Tioteless midifeld and it's hard to predict whether we would have fared any better had Tiote not been sent off. Part of the problem at least is that our entire midfield was being bypassed and overan by the high tempo game that Stevenage played. So whilst I disagree with the decision to bring Tiote on, I can understand why Pardew did it. What is the alternative? If as you said, bringing Tiote on wasn't gonna change things, then what do you expect Pardew to do? Just stand around and not even try to change things? That would be straight from Hughton's manual of management wouldn't it, perhaps you would prefer that?  :dontknow: Well I don't, when things go wrong (as they inevitably will sometimes), I want the manager to take charge and try to change things around instead of just looking handsome in a coat on the sideline doing nothing.

Regarding the 10 points deduction, I think you were trying to paint Pardew in a very negative light when you ommitted that nugget of fact and stated "Pardew had the highest budget in the division and his target was to reach a play-off position and he failed". Now you claim that you thought everyone knew that already  :rolleyes:. If you were interested in an objective assessment, you would have mentioned it outright in your first statement and not wait for Greg and Neesy to point it out to you. 

Are you a qualified mind reader or is it just a hobby?

Rather worried about his comments re: the Carroll situation.

I can't remember, but wasn't he making comments about Carroll possibly playing earlier in the week/last week? And then suddenly he says today that he's not ready and is "a long way from being ready".

How can he go from being in contention, to being nowhere near ready in a week?

I can't remember, but wasn't he making comments about Carroll possibly playing earlier in the week/last week? And then suddenly he says today that he's not ready and is "a long way from being ready".

let's be kind and say he was playing mind games - and not desperately trying to get a half-fit Carroll on the pitch to save his skin Souness-style.

I really didnt want to hear this come out of Pardews mouth

Shola has played brilliantly since I have been here, and I am a big admirer of his

Taken from HERE

So if he bigs up a player like Shola to try and motivate him, he's wrong

If he criticize players who don't perform like Ranger and Krul, he's wrong too

So what should he do?

I'm not gonna argue on the value of Tiote because that is subjective, to each his own. My point was that he is more just than a DM, so putting him on does not mean we were becoming more defensive. You are right majority of our players underperformed against Stevenage, I don't know the reason for that, could be a combination of fatigue, attittude, Barton on the left, Tioteless midifeld and it's hard to predict whether we would have fared any better had Tiote not been sent off. Part of the problem at least is that our entire midfield was being bypassed and overan by the high tempo game that Stevenage played. So whilst I disagree with the decision to bring Tiote on, I can understand why Pardew did it. What is the alternative? If as you said, bringing Tiote on wasn't gonna change things, then what do you expect Pardew to do? Just stand around and not even try to change things? That would be straight from Hughton's manual of management wouldn't it, perhaps you would prefer that?  :dontknow: Well I don't, when things go wrong (as they inevitably will sometimes), I want the manager to take charge and try to change things around instead of just looking handsome in a coat on the sideline doing nothing.

Regarding the 10 points deduction, I think you were trying to paint Pardew in a very negative light when you ommitted that nugget of fact and stated "Pardew had the highest budget in the division and his target was to reach a play-off position and he failed". Now you claim that you thought everyone knew that already  :rolleyes:. If you were interested in an objective assessment, you would have mentioned it outright in your first statement and not wait for Greg and Neesy to point it out to you. 

Are you a qualified mind reader or is it just a hobby?

I have this canny ability to infer intelligently based on what is and what is not written, thank you

My general opinion on the man is that he's a bit of a dick who doesn't have the talent as a manager to justify his shitty character.

Average manager and a poor character who is not the long-term solution to the club. Which makes the fact he is seen as the long-term, stable investment even worse.

i doubt you're worried about his comments, more so you don't like him and will find any reason to attack him even if it's stuff you'd have defended hughton for.

it's the distinct impression i get from many on here.

carroll was never going to play for reasons i posted much earlier. he kept up the pretence as long as possible but the cat gets out the bag a lot easier in this sort of situation than when the players are holed up in a hotel for an away game.

My general opinion on the man is that he's a bit of a dick who doesn't have the talent as a manager to justify his shitty character.

Average manager and a poor character who is not the long-term solution to the club. Which makes the fact he is seen as the long-term, stable investment even worse.

i agree with most of that however he's getting slated for stuff that would have been defended in others.

i agree with most of that however he's getting slated for stuff that would have been defended in others.

True. There is inconsistancies with regards to criticism. The same thing happens with certain players who are deemed as fan's favourites (I'll happily admit I've probably done this in the past)

I just think he's a bit shit. Atleast with Hughton I identified him with the team on the pitch, with Pardew I barely even acknowledge mentally that he's manager of the team. Up to him to change this over time I guess (sigh).

i doubt you're worried about his comments, more so you don't like him and will find any reason to attack him even if it's stuff you'd have defended hughton for.

Sorry madras, but you've got this one completely wrong :lol:

Go back a page or two, read what I've said and then tell me that I'm attacking him because I don't like him.

Will save you the trouble:

Quite a few of the criticisms levied at Pardew, when they levied at Hughton, those same people were defending him. I know because I was doing the criticising (for example, see Colocho's comments about "we're only 6 points off the relegation zone. Things aren't going that great" - when I said that about Hughton, I thought I was going to get my eyes torn out)

I also had a go at Hughton when he made a mistake, that’s life.  The thing with Hughton was that he didn't have the flaws that were seeing from Pardew.  I do not believe for one minute that we would have seen the display against Stevenage under Hughton and we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game thread bare.  I have no doubt at all that we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game without Tiote if Hughton was still here.

My point is, Hughton makes a mistake and the majority stick up him. Pardew makes the same mistake and he gets criticised.

For what it's worth, I'm not defending him here, just playing devils advocate. I think he's at utter c*** and should learn to keep his mouth shut, the Stevenage performance was absolutely disgusting but I won't criticise his results overall because he's won 3 of the 4 of the games I'd have expected us to win - he's not doing a bad job.

Exactly, which is why I have made the assumption, rightly or wrongly, that Carroll was never going to be fit; in which case we shouldn't have been told that he was in contention. I know he never said that he was going to play but the way it was spun made it sound as if he would probably end up playing, although I accept that the media had a role to play in it.

Will save you the trouble:

Quite a few of the criticisms levied at Pardew, when they levied at Hughton, those same people were defending him. I know because I was doing the criticising (for example, see Colocho's comments about "we're only 6 points off the relegation zone. Things aren't going that great" - when I said that about Hughton, I thought I was going to get my eyes torn out)

I also had a go at Hughton when he made a mistake, that’s life.  The thing with Hughton was that he didn't have the flaws that were seeing from Pardew.  I do not believe for one minute that we would have seen the display against Stevenage under Hughton and we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game thread bare.  I have no doubt at all that we wouldn’t be going into the mackem game without Tiote if Hughton was still here.

My point is, Hughton makes a mistake and the majority stick up him. Pardew makes the same mistake and he gets criticised.

For what it's worth, I'm not defending him here, just playing devils advocate. I think he's at utter c*** and should learn to keep his mouth shut, the Stevenage performance was absolutely disgusting but I won't criticise his results overall because he's won 3 of the 4 of the games I'd have expected us to win - he's not doing a bad job.

As it stands I agree with a lot of that - but the bit I really disagree with is that the majority stuck up for Hughton when he made mistakes. Don't think they did at the time.

Guest sicko2ndbest

"The most important players are the ones that are doing well for us right now. That's been my focus. We've obviously secured Steven Taylor long-term, Joey's got 18 months to go on his contract, and we want to look at both him and José."

Pardew, guardian

Good news

Guest sicko2ndbest

"The most important players are the ones that are doing well for us right now. That's been my focus. We've obviously secured Steven Taylor long-term, Joey's got 18 months to go on his contract, and we want to look at both him and José."

Pardew, guardian

Sorry madras, but you've got this one completely wrong :lol:

Go back a page or two, read what I've said and then tell me that I'm attacking him because I don't like him.

Yup I'll vouch that Jonny has been quite objective in this thread  :thup:

I have this canny ability to infer intelligently based on what is and what is not written, thank you

You've got the canny ability to be wrong.

You're right, I was wrong bout you coz at one point I thought you were a decent poster who was always objective. Anyway I take it that you're not gonna debate the earlier point on Tiote. Ok I'm out of this thread then