Alan Pardew

JH

'Got to get summer trading right if we're to move on (if we stay up). Already planning for the summer, got to make sure we get young, hungry players. Another Tiote and we'd be happy, he's been brilliant'.

Also, 35 points sounds like the target to avoid relegation. Then we can look at finishing above Sunderland (:facepalm:) and possibly even Europe.

i'm not too keen on that being a points target. seems a bit low to me.

That was quite a good interview, none of his usual bollocks and quite positive.

Yeah I enjoyed that, Pardew talked a lot of sense there. While I'm not sure he should be publicly talking about his own players as Championship level playing above themselves, that is the reality if we are brutally honest. That would suggest to me that he has ambitions to bring in better quality players rather than meekly accept Llambias' bargain basement deals.

Yeah I enjoyed that, Pardew talked a lot of sense there. While I'm not sure he should be publicly talking about his own players as Championship level playing above themselves, that is the reality if we are brutally honest. That would suggest to me that he has ambitions to bring in better quality players rather than meekly accept Llambias' bargain basement deals.

As he said, I'd be happy with another Tiote.

Summary for those that can't be arsed:

LAST SEASON

- Players with 'championship credentials', playing above themselves somewhat this season.

CARROLL

- Carroll taken to Portugal to start running, but can't

- Has slight tear, where the tendon joins the knee - no circulation, doesn't heal quickly

- Definitely out of Fulham game, maybe Arsenal too

- Pay tribute to Shola, Leon, Nile and Peter who have played a part in some great performances

TRANSFER WINDOW

- No transfer activity imminently

- 'Gearing' to the last day - want best possible deal

-  Had a couple of calls on deals breaking down re: players

- Most important thing is we don't lose our best players - Barton, Carroll, Enrique, Tiote - had enquiries but we've 'pushed them away'

- Routledge move was best for him and best for the club - have to 'get better than Wayne and we will'

INJURIES

- HBA back for the Arsenal game to be assessed.

- Gosling has 'slight problem' in knee - swelling, possible loose cartlidge - out for three/four more weeks

RANGER

- Ranger needs help to improve - has raw talent and speed.

- He needs to improve technically - needs to change personality with regards to time keeping etc.

- 'The lads love him' and 'we hope for big things for him'

THIS SEASON

- We've got to be careful that we don't get above ourselves in league - the important thing is to stay up

- No reason why we can't get to 35 points quickly and start to look at going above Sunderland and possibly Europe

THE SUMMER

- Big factor for him is his summer trading - has to get it right, already looking forward

- Looking for young, hungry players - looking for another Tiote.

GENERAL COMMENTS

- Sunderland game was 'electric' - proud of the group for performance. Spoilt by the last couple of minutes.

- Unfortunate with injuries/suspensions - with Carroll and Tiote, we can challenge anyone.

- He wants to 'attack' the league - two strikers on the pitch, not backing off.

- As Newcastle we should expect to beat anyone and fear noone.

Summary for those that can't be arsed:

LAST SEASON

- Players with 'championship credentials', playing above themselves somewhat this season.

CARROLL

- Carroll taken to Portugal to start running, but can't

- Has slight tear, where the tendon joins the knee - no circulation, doesn't heal quickly

- Definitely out of Arsenal game, maybe Arsenal too

- Pay tribute to Shola, Leon, Nile and Peter who have played a part in some great performances

TRANSFER WINDOW

- No transfer activity imminently

- 'Gearing' to the last day - want best possible deal

-  Had a couple of calls on deals breaking down re: players

- Most important thing is we don't lose our best players - Barton, Carroll, Enrique, Tiote - had enquiries but we've 'pushed them away'

- Routledge move was best for him and best for the club - have to 'get better than Wayne and we will'

INJURIES

- HBA back for the Arsenal game to be assessed.

- Gosling has 'slight problem' in knee - swelling, possible loose cartlidge - out for three/four more weeks

RANGER

- Ranger needs help to improve - has raw talent and speed.

- He needs to improve technically - needs to change personality with regards to time keeping etc.

- 'The lads love him' and 'we hope for big things for him'

THIS SEASON

- We've got to be careful that we don't get above ourselves in league - the important thing is to stay up

- No reason why we can't get to 35 points quickly and start to look at going above Sunderland and possibly Europe

THE SUMMER

- Big factor for him is his summer trading - has to get it right, already looking forward

- Looking for young, hungry players - looking for another Tiote.

GENERAL COMMENTS

- Sunderland game was 'electric' - proud of the group for performance. Spoilt by the last couple of minutes.

- Unfortunate with injuries/suspensions - with Carroll and Tiote, we can challenge anyone.

- He wants to 'attack' the league - two strikers on the pitch, not backing off.

- As Newcastle we should expect to beat anyone and fear noone.

If the first part is correct then the second is a bit of an under-statement.

Guest Wearside

'Got to get summer trading right if we're to move on (if we stay up). Already planning for the summer, got to make sure we get young, hungry players. Another Tiote and we'd be happy, he's been brilliant'.

Also, 35 points sounds like the target to avoid relegation. Then we can look at finishing above Sunderland (:facepalm:) and possibly even Europe.

Think the term was "small club mentality" when Bruce said this a few month back,egg on the faces of a few posters on here me thinks.

CARROLL

LAWL

:(

:razz:

Serves you right for pissing all over what I'd already done with your concise, well-organised and useful summary, twat.

Think the term was "small club mentality" when Bruce said this a few month back,egg on the faces of a few posters on here me thinks.

He's been managing Charlton tbf, finishing above Yeovil is a somewhat successful season in his eyes.

CARROLL

LAWL

Serves you right for pissing all over what I'd already done with your concise, well-organised and useful summary, t***.

Well it was bit part, I just wanted to give the lazy ones a full summary :razz:

With all due respect you're already above us, and by some distance at present. If we get above you there'll be a decent chance of Europe.

Tend to agree though.

methinks is one word, comes from Shakespeare. ;)

CARROLL

LAWL

Serves you right for pissing all over what I'd already done with your concise, well-organised and useful summary, t***.

Well it was bit part, I just wanted to give the lazy ones a full summary :razz:

No it wasn't, I put the rest in the relevant threads. :laugh:

To an extent, I agree, but it's still not the same. We've just been promoted, your lots been going on about being top dog in the NE and the aim is to finish above a team just from the championship.

or maybe just highlighting that the Sunderland squad is far more expensive.

Guest ObiChrisKenobi

the bit about some plyers playing above themselves seems a very strange thing to say.

'get better than Wayne and we will'
reads really harshly as well.