Alan Pardew

JH

Good post by nufcblog.co.uk . Spot on imo. Pard has done excellent, circumstances considered:

This is following on from an article I did earlier on in the transfer window when I mentioned that I felt that Alan Pardew was coming under some unfair criticism and that he really can’t control the big things at the club.

Incoming and outgoing transfers, money matters, contract negotiations are all out of his remit. I think this was backed up by a few things which have happened over the last few days, but he’s still come under a lot criticism. Harsh criticism in my opinion.

Once again Pardew and the fans have been stitched up; Pardew was promised a striker, and we were promised ours. I don’t buy the puppet abuse really. Every manager is a puppet, they have to do what their boss says! I’m sure you do to! I’m sure Pardew will put on a brave face and say he’s happy with his squad, but deep down he’ll be very disappointed.

Pardew is doing his job and he’s doing it brilliantly. Not many can argue with that. Pardew’s job is to win games for this football club and to do his best for the team, something he is doing as we’re currently unbeaten this season with three wins and a draw to our name in all competitions. I’m not sure you can expect more from a manager with the fixtures we have played.

Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias are the ones who are not doing their jobs. They’re the ones who have to finish the deals and sanction the money. Alan Pardew and Graham Carr have listed plenty of targets and posed them to Ashley and Llambias who have failed to bring the players to the club.

This was confirmed to me by a certain ex- Newcastle fan favourite when he replied to me on Twitter last night. Joey Barton was speaking out about Ashley and Llambias and commenting on their lack of spend. I asked him this “@Joey7Barton Joey do you have anything against Pardew? or not?” his reply was, “No, not his fault.” I know that’s not much, but it says a lot.

Barton has directed all his anger at Llambias and Ashley and not Pardew, claiming it’s not his fault. This shows that Pardew is in fact not involved with outgoing players and that Barton doesn’t dislike him for it. Still I imagine someone will still find a reason to blame him.

I’d just like to know what more Alan Pardew can do? He’s heavily criticised for lying, but I don’t think that’s his fault. He’s clearly being strung along by the board and I’m sure that he firmly believed he would get the players through the door. They’re the ones that let him down. He’d have paid the money it takes if he could of I’m sure.

Also if next window Pardew does not speak about transfers and doesn’t talk to the fans about how many we’re looking to bring in he’ll be blasted for lack of communication, so he really can’t win either way.

As this transfer window has shown, Pardew is only there to manage the team on the pitch and choose his transfer targets. So, and it’s a long shot I know, but let’s judge him on that – the things he’s exactly doing well at, because he has some control over them.

My main problem is that Pardew may get let down once too many and decide that it’s time to go. That’d be a blow in my opinion. Although I was sceptical when we first appointed Pardew I believe he’s doing a good job so far, and long may it continue.

footballing wise he's doing ok. i do agree that we haven't looked anywhere near convincing going forward this season but with the exception of a few occasions in the second half against fulham i think we've looked tight at the back.

You have to consider the attacking options at his disposal since the sale of Carroll: Loven, Best, Shola and a useless Ranger. That makes his results highly impressive. I don't think anay other manager would have coped better with such an impotent strike force.  It's only when Ba, Mav and HBA return to full fitness that we could start to judge our attacking play. Right now I'm saticfied with a tight defense and us scoring on the chances we get. .

Guest guinness_fiend

Still think the board and Pardew has a "Good Cop- Bad Cop" thing going on. The man knows more than we think he knows.

Conspiracy!

Our tight defense certainly gave Krul his hands full against fulham though

If I should point at one weakness in our defence it's Colo, Tayls and Simpson's ability to pick their man on crossers that come from open play. Both their chances were a result of such situations On Krul's second save, no stopper was even close to Murphy.. Tiote stood where Colo should have been, and Taylor was way out of position too. If I remember correctly, Colo was around the box line..

No official statement from Pardew or the club yet?

Very tough to get players over the line, selling clubs playing hard ball, very close with a couple of players but just run out of time, we will do everything we can to ensure the right players are brought in January, we need to make sure they were right for us, blah blah blah.

Very tough to get players over the line, selling clubs playing hard ball, very close with a couple of players but just run out of time, we will do everything we can to ensure the right players are brought in January, we need to make sure they were right for us, blah blah blah.

Yeah, I still want to hear him actually say it. :lol:

Guest Rainforest

Yeah, I still want to hear him actually say it. :lol:

:lol: Me too!

Guest bondedcrown

The k

[/quote Fu

funny I always thought a keeper was part of the defence?

Oooh, this should be canny. They've had a full day and a half to make up this excuse.

I'm going to go for Aliens.

Im going for the cashpoint swallowed Mikes card the night before and there wasnt time to get a replacement.