Alan Pardew

JH

Guest BlacknWhiteArmy

Not quite sure what people expected from the statement. Different wordings, whatever, same meaning.

How's about " I'm a prize nob and should have bought a player instead of trying to penny pinch, I realise now that not having a proven goal scorer has probably damaged our season"

Oh and "I tender my resignation".

We have got a proven goalscorer :troll:

Guest Craig-NUFC

And the reason they didn't even secure anyone on loan despite a few players clearly being available?

Utter crap.

They should have had someone ready to come in on July 1st, if it was clear that the contracts we were offering to players weren't going to attract them by that point they should have reconsidered their contract offers to provide a more attractive package.

1. If they brought someone in on loan everyone would be asking why on earth we aren't giving our own players a chance (see the Macheda thread)

2. You have to get bids accepted before giving a player a contract.

Guest Rainforest

An apology would only add insult to injury tbh, seing how premeditated this whole affair is. Its January all over again.

I actually  prefer not getting a "sorry lads", the same way a person coming home to find his family shot dead would prefer the c*** who did to just f*** off in a police car and not slip in a "sorry :troll:"" before he was taken away.

Guest Craig-NUFC

Our failure to acquire a striker having had ample funds and from January to find one is quite frankly amateur and shambolic and WILL cost the football club points.[/u]

Is that a fact? We could have brought in Maiga or Cisse and found out they're shite.

I don't understand the attitude of spending lots of money = better. It was tried under Shepherd and the club was in bits by the end. Look at Leeds too.

Our failure to acquire a striker having had ample funds and from January to find one is quite frankly amateur and shambolic and WILL cost the football club points.[/u]

Is that a fact? We could have brought in Maiga or Cisse and found out they're s****.

I don't understand the attitude of spending lots of money = better. It was tried under Shepherd and the club was in bits by the end. Look at Leeds too.

Still though, buying is better than not buying :lol:

Is that a fact? We could have brought in Maiga or Cisse and found out they're s****.

Aye, we'll just stick with Lovenkrands and Shola who are proven shit.

Guest Rainforest

That has to do with bringing the wrong players in, not bringing players in - in general. You have to separate between whats possible and whats realistic. Yes its possible they would all flop and make our team worse, however not very likely is it.

Spending money is not always the solution, I`ll give you that.

However I cant think of a single team who`s had success WITHOUT spending any money.

*shrug*

Guest Craig-NUFC

That has to do with bringing the wrong players in, not bringing players in - in general. You have to separate between whats possible and whats realistic. Yes its possible they would all flop and make our team worse, however not very likely is it.

However I cant think of a single team who`s had success WITHOUT spending any money.

*shrug*

Yeah, fair enough, I agree with that. There just seems to be an attitude of just buy anyone with a better reputation than that of our strikers, because if we're spending money, it means good things. The thing that gets me is the fact they haven't targeted realistic players to bring in and generally seemed to have faffed about, not the fact they haven't spent X number of pounds on any old striker.

Guest Rainforest

Any striker younger and with a better goalscoring ratio than Lovenkrants and Shola would be a start..

I guess around 100 strikers throughout europe would qualify.

Lets take it from there.

Is that a fact? We could have brought in Maiga or Cisse and found out they're shite.

No of course it's not a fact but it makes it a hell of a lot more likely.

That's what good scouting and backing the manager's judgement is all about.

Using your logic we'd never buy a player ever again.

Guest Pedro_de_geordieo

*shrug*

Yeah, fair enough, I agree with that. There just seems to be an attitude of just buy anyone with a better reputation than that of our strikers, because if we're spending money, it means good things. The thing that gets me is the fact they haven't targeted realistic players to bring in and generally seemed to have faffed about, not the fact they haven't spent X number of pounds on any old striker.

The thing is we all know that the strikers we have in at the moment are not up to the task of scoring regularly enough, they are at best Squad players

So we should just not have signed anyone because thbey might be shite? We have 9 months to fucking scout, probably more tbh.

Guest Rainforest

*shrug*

The thing is we all know that the strikers we have in at the moment are not up to the task of scoring regularly enough, they are at best Squad players

Best Might. Emphasis on Might. Will be interesting to see if not for anything else.

*shrug*

Best Might. Emphasis on Might. Will be interesting to see if not for anything else.

Ba will.

It's like picking the peanuts out of shite.

At the end of the day they failed miserably and lied about the Carroll money. Scum.

It's still completely inexplicable to me why the felt that it was a good idea to come out with the whole "it'll be reinvested" shit.

Did they just assume we'd forget in six months time?

Guest Rainforest

*shrug*

Ba will.

Hopefully yeah. I just hope we can select Ba and Best to start absolutely everything with Sammy as backup, instead of rotating like a poor-mans SAF solution with noone getting the consistency they are needing.

Have Ba as the first striker, Best to partner him in a 4-4-2, and Sammy warm and ready on the bench...

just my 2 cents...