Alan Pardew

JH

This wasn't even in the top 5 worst windows of the last 10 years man. Selling Milner & buying Xisco...finishing 3rd and only signing Bowyer, selling Woodgate leaving us with Robbie frigging Elliott pretty much a regular for 4 months,  using the Woodgate money 4 months later to sign Boumsong, Babayaro & Faye and letting Bernard go, selling Carroll leaving us with Peter frigging Lovenkrands for 4 months, etc.

I wouldn't say that - being told that all of the money brought in from a windfall transfer would be re-invested from day one, losing more players than the number coming in, having transfer fees and wages from outgoing players AT LEAST covering incoming transfers, spending less than last years summer transfers as a newly promoted team where we at least marinally built up the squad.

When we bought in Bowyer it wasn't great but we hadn't finished four points away from relegation the season before , and sure we sold Woodgate to have lesser players but now we still have and still have Perter Fucking Lovenkrands playing and Alan Smith being a viable substitute in the managers eyes when they wouldn't get into any other Premier League teams 25 man squad.  Oh, but we have a 21 man squad, that includes Alan Smith, Peter Lovenkrands, James Perch and Ryan Taylor - not really players you want to rely on week after week but will have to at least once this season.

Seems like an absolute fucking abortion of a transsfer window to me.

As crap as it sounds, i reckon Gameiro would be f***ing class in our side. With Ben Arfa behind him and Cabaye / Tiote behind him. jesus wept we'd walk into the Europa League.

It's unfortunate really. I am quite anti PSG now, funnily enough. Gameiro, Erdinc and just the whole oil rich buy all the talent thing. Wish them a good amount of ill will.

As crap as it sounds, i reckon Gameiro would be fucking class in our side. With Ben Arfa behind him and Cabaye / Tiote behind him. jesus wept we'd walk into the Europa League.

Yeah and in fairness we went for him from day one, had the offer accepted but the bloke never wanted to come here. That was in June, the plan after that seemed to be pretty scattergun (although obviously you can't believe every rumour there was)

This wasn't even in the top 5 worst windows of the last 10 years man. Selling Milner & buying Xisco...finishing 3rd and only signing Bowyer, selling Woodgate leaving us with Robbie frigging Elliott pretty much a regular for 4 months,  using the Woodgate money 4 months later to sign Boumsong, Babayaro & Faye and letting Bernard go, selling Carroll leaving us with Peter frigging Lovenkrands for 4 months, etc.

I wouldn't say that - being told that all of the money brought in from a windfall transfer would be re-invested from day one, losing more players than the number coming in, having transfer fees and wages from outgoing players AT LEAST covering incoming transfers, spending less than last years summer transfers as a newly promoted team where we at least marinally built up the squad.

When we bought in Bowyer it wasn't great but we hadn't finished four points away from relegation the season before , and sure we sold Woodgate to have lesser players but now we still have and still have Perter f***ing Lovenkrands playing and Alan Smith being a viable substitute in the managers eyes when they wouldn't get into any other Premier League teams 25 man squad.  Oh, but we have a 21 man squad, that includes Alan Smith, Peter Lovenkrands, James Perch and Ryan Taylor - not really players you want to rely on week after week but will have to at least once this season.

Seems like an absolute f***ing abortion of a transsfer window to me.

come on , at least give him a break , he scored 2 goals already this season

Lovekrands and Smith would get into a lot of Premier League 25 man squads, probably at least half at a guess. It doesn't mean they're any good, but I think that's a fair guess.

Smith was made availbale for free transfer to anyone that wanted him this summer but nobody did take us up on that.  Wonder why that was.

Lovekrands and Smith would get into a lot of Premier League 25 man squads, probably at least half at a guess. It doesn't mean they're any good, but I think that's a fair guess.

Smith was made availbale for free transfer to anyone that wanted him this summer but nobody did take us up on that.  Wonder why that was.

£50k a week wages is my guess.

I know he's shit, I just mean if he was on the books of a lot of clubs like he is on ours, he would be in the squad.

He's got an aura about him that makes it intimidating for other players in the same squad as him. They know they simply aren't at his level.

He's got an aura about him that makes it intimidating for other players in the same squad as him. They know they simply aren't at his level.

He's also on a ridiculous wage which no-one else would want to pay.

I know he's shit, I just mean if he was on the books of a lot of clubs like he is on ours, he would be in the squad.

And which fucker gave the terms and conditions for this twat to be here leeching the club when he was clearly a busted flush at Man U.

I prefer my theory   ;)

Guest Rainforest

Hmm strikers expensive in central-america as well you say.... argh they are expensive everywhere on earth!

I wonder is there a fotball league on mars... with cheap strikers available?

:troll:

I know he's s***, I just mean if he was on the books of a lot of clubs like he is on ours, he would be in the squad.

And which f***er gave the terms and conditions for this t*** to be here leeching the club when he was clearly a busted flush at Man U.

Ashley was the owner, Fat Sam was the manager. Don't ever bet on anything like the Smith deal happening again.

Hmm strikers expensive in central-america as well you say.... argh they are expensive everywhere on earth!

Asia

Guest Rainforest

Well Man united got Hernandez for what, 8 million? And they seemed to be able to sort the work permit.

Dont think anyone would argue on that price..

Guest Rainforest

Asia

What about scouting a bit down in the craddle of mankind?

We've also got Xisco on the books but managed to get him out on a part-paid wage this year, as well as the last two seasons and he's looked beyond shite as well.  Is there nobody in the desperate relegation / promotion / relegation situation in the Premier League or Championship willing to do the same.

Asia

What about scouting a bit down in the craddle of mankind?

Aww, yeah

http://rookery.s3.amazonaws.com/1152500/1152503_821a_625x1000.jpg

striker expensive ?just buy keeper  :troll:

http://www.cafc.co.uk/javaImages/39/10/0,,10267~9834553,00.jpg

Tbf, I think some of the critisism being launched at Pardew could be a little harsh. He may have made the promises about definitely bringing in a a striker/reinvesting the money back in the club having recieved the exact same gurantee's by the incompetent idiots that run the club.

I dont think Pardew was lieing through his teeth when he said we'd be bringing in a striker 100%, I think he was just naive as fuck, he was saying it relying on those above him keeping their promises, which of course everyone knows they dont do. Whether Pardew/us were lied too or promises were broken due to sheer incompetence remains to be seen however.