Alan Pardew

JH

Hes not going to be asking them to hoof it long is he, following all his quotes about us playing differently this season.

It'll be momentary decisions from the players, which he'll have to work on. Hes given his reasoning for playing two big lads upfront, it didnt work out. Hopefully he'll learn from it & we'll see a different side next week.

If we see any difference it will be because the players adapt by themselves when more technical players are introduced. I don't see any hint of active coaching to get us to play from the back like Keegan did when he was trying to undo Fat Sam's brainwashing. If what he's doing is a plan which to gradually introduce the new players to English football it's not a very good one. I'm sure Cabaye and the like would prefer to play on the deck.

it also disturbs me when i heard pardew speak last season about giving tiote more licence to go foward in the future,  for f*** sake!  dont f*** up the game of one player that we genuine need to depend upon.  tiote's game is solely to be the destroyer thats what he's great at, dont f*** around with him and tell him to go foward when he doesnt need to.  we have other players for that.  having said all this tiote werent much f***ing good playing deep either last night, i dont know what was wrong with him last night.

Given Tiote's current form, we are doing a kamikaze if Cabaye didn't play that deep.  If you remember last match (if you have watched it), notice how many f***ing times Tiote let Taarabt free to receive and turn to run? Part of the reason why Raylor had a nightmare was because Taarabt was free in the middle and able to make direct pass to SWP.  I agree Cabaye should be the player who goes forward instead of Tiote, but at this moment we deadly need Cabaye to play deep there.  If we want a player to go forward, we'd better play Vuckic or Guthrie and drop Tiote.

i agree ,  last night we needed both deep thats why i was crying out for another man in midfield, but stevie wonder was too busy playing his "gambling" with his two man uptop bullshit all night,  when most of us was sat there red faced fuming to find out after half time we had the same shit old line-up as the first 45!  fuck me i was so incensed when the camera panned to that gormless greyed haired twat i almost smashed the tv.

Pardew changed formation at half time against Arsenal (Ba off, Obertan on), so I have no idea why he didn't bother changing it at HT last night.

Raylor was getting shafted by SWP in the first half, I honestly thought he would have brought Santon on.  At least he could see Shola was s*** and brought him off early in the second half.

I think the problem was in midfield rather than on the left.  Even if we played Santon, he would still be forced to defend 1 on 1 against SWP which was probably too much for him to handle.  So if you say why don't he change the tactics at HT to nullify SWP's threat, then my response was that should he drop Tiote?

Pardew "Our back four were brilliant again", what the f*** was he watching or is Raylor not part of the back four ?

Aye, I would much rather he said "3 of the back 4 were brilliant, but one of them, who I won't name was terrible, really really poor game from him."

Pardew "Our back four were brilliant again", what the fuck was he watching or is Raylor not part of the back four ?

Where's that quote from? Maybe clutching at straws here, but if it was a report based on the nutv interview it seemed to me that the brilliant bit was more directed towards the centre backs - 'our resilience, our full backs.....our center backs were brilliant today' and then continued to talk about the centre backs having too much to do.

Pardew changed formation at half time against Arsenal (Ba off, Obertan on), so I have no idea why he didn't bother changing it at HT last night.

Raylor was getting shafted by SWP in the first half, I honestly thought he would have brought Santon on.  At least he could see Shola was s*** and brought him off early in the second half.

I think the problem was in midfield rather than on the left.  Even if we played Santon, he would still be forced to defend 1 on 1 against SWP which was probably too much for him to handle.  So if you say why don't he change the tactics at HT to nullify SWP's threat, then my response was that should he drop Tiote?

this is true, even enrique would have had a tough night,  swp didnt dominate his flank by dribbling up and down .  he hardly needed to dribble past our players

he dominated because our midfield was too thin and it allowed taarabt in midfield time to carve those cutting deftly diagonal passes towards our left flank thus created the space for swp to run onto.  tarabt passing was tremendous last night,  hence why pard didnt do anything about it was a f***ing mystery.

Pardew "Our back four were brilliant again", what the f*** was he watching or is Raylor not part of the back four ?

Where's that quote from? Maybe clutching at straws here, but if it was a report based on the nutv interview it seemed to me that the brilliant bit was more directed towards the centre backs - 'our resilience, our full backs.....our center backs were brilliant today'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14897089.stm

Where's that quote from? Maybe clutching at straws here, but if it was a report based on the nutv interview it seemed to me that the brilliant bit was more directed towards the centre backs - 'our resilience, our full backs.....our center backs were brilliant today'.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/14897089.stm

Fair do's. Collectively they achieved a clean sheet, but Raylor was having a mare. I'm a little worried Pardew hasn't mentioned Santon in any of the post match interviews I've seen.

Sorry, my post wasn't that clear.  The midfield was the problem.  As identified by many others, Tiote and Cabaye were getting overran by QPR's 3 (4 sometimes as Tarrabt floated across the pitch).

He should have done the same against Arsenal - take off the least influential striker (Shola) and bring in another midfielder.

Raylor was another issue.  He's a poor defender with poor positional sense.  I haven't seen enough of Santon, but I would have thought he'd be more comfortable playing against SWP than Raylor was.

He doesn't need to drop Tiote, he needs to drop one of the big plank strikers who only get the ball from 50 yard punts down the pitch in any case. Drop Shola and put Marveaux in there to fill the massive gap between the midfield and the forwards. Get the full backs to carry the ball and support the midfield. Get the goalkeeper to throw the ball to the full backs once in a while. These are all things the manager should be doing as part of his job. Maybe he'll read this and a lightbulb will go on in his head.

Got it horribly wrong last night, yet we still kept a clean sheet and Krul didn't have a save to make.  A lot of that was down to their s*** finishing though.

Time will tell if this was a good result or not, QPR looked really lively and fast as f***, interested to see how they get on in their next 3 or 4 matches.  We did make them look like Barca though, and gave them far too much time, space and respect.

Roll on Saturday, if we play the same clueless tactics, have Cabaye and Tiote both sat on the centre backs toes and continue to pump long balls to Shola, I might start to question AP's sanity.

As I'm a glass half full kinda guy, I would suggest he will learn from his mistakes and make 1 or 2 changes.

:thup:

Aye, I would much rather he said "3 of the back 4 were brilliant, but one of them, who I won't name was terrible, really really poor game from him."

Until he recognises and acknowledges the fact that we are keeping clean sheets in spite of Raylor not because of him, he's not going to lose his place in the side.

There are ways to say we defended well, which actually we didn't, we rode our luck and QPR don't have the quality up front required for this divsion, like "We defended well as a team tonight, our defence has been really strong. SWP gave us a tough test tonight but we held firm and kept a clean sheet".

He doesn't need to drop Tiote, he needs to drop one of the big plank strikers who only get the ball from 50 yard punts down the pitch in any case. Drop Shola and put Marveaux in there to fill the massive gap between the midfield and the forwards. Get the full backs to carry the ball and support the midfield. Get the goalkeeper to throw the ball to the full backs once in a while. These are all things the manager should be doing as part of his job. Maybe he'll read this and a lightbulb will go on in his head.

Tron for manager.

Until he recognises and acknowledges the fact that we are keeping clean sheets in spite of Raylor not because of him, he's not going to lose his place in the side.

There are ways to say we defended well, which actually we didn't, we rode our luck and QPR don't have the quality up front required for this divsion, like "We defended well as a team tonight, our defence has been really strong. SWP gave us a tough test tonight but we held firm and kept a clean sheet".

If he plays Raylor at LB on Saturday I will quote this and say you were right.  IMO, I just think it's another morale boosting comment from Pards, on FM Ryan Taylor would be PR= Delighted with Alan Pardew's post match comments.

No way he will be stupid enough not to start Santon, is there..............?

i agree ,  last night we needed both deep thats why i was crying out for another man in midfield, but stevie wonder was too busy playing his "gambling" with his two man uptop bullshit all night,  when most of us was sat there red faced fuming to find out after half time we had the same s*** old line-up as the first 45!  f*** me i was so incensed when the camera panned to that gormless greyed haired t*** i almost smashed the tv.

I understand your feeling. The decision not to introduce one more midfielder at HT cannot be defended. I was hoping at least Guthrie could come out to help a bit and take Shameobi away. Fucking hell.

If he plays Raylor at LB on Saturday I will quote this and say you were right.  IMO, I just think it's another morale boosting comment from Pards, on FM Ryan Taylor would be PR= Delighted with Alan Pardew's post match comments.

No way he will be stupid enough not to start Santon, is there..............?

Same. He could criticize Raylor during training.  Criticize his own player to the media is never an option, unless he is JFK.

Agree with most of what you said, but my point is, Tiote was so terrible that his mistakes put a lot more pressure on Raylor and Cabaye, and this could not be eliminated by just adding one more midfielder because ultimately it's his job to mark Taarabt.  Dropping Tiote is not an easy decision and I give him that, as well as playing Raylor instead of Santon last night.  The other decisions are fucking horrible and I expect changes asap.

Anyone else see this season becoming like 2006/2007 under Roeder?

Nah. At this current point in time, I'm still somewhat cautiously optimistic that this season will go well.

We actually finished comfortably mid-table that season despite having fuck all for a squad didn't we?

It's just that our standards were a lot higher than they are now.

Anyone else see this season becoming like 2006/2007 under Roeder?

More like the first season when Souness was in charge. Playing like 10 games without loosing, creating no chances. Manager says were happy with the defence, and the chances will come bla bla bla....