Alan Pardew

JH

I was talking more about style of play rather than individuals tbh.

I know. But you should always consider the players the manager has to choose from. If Pardew had better players up front, we might would see more fluid attacking play.

Thanks to this result we're still 1 point better off at this stage of the season than we were under Big Sam, so it's still our best start since 95/96. :fwap:

His next game was that 3-1 loss away to City when Elano spanked the free-kick in, but that was followed by two home wins on the bounce before the wheels completely fell off and he became a dead man walking.

We're also still keeping up the 4 points every 2 games ratio I was talking about a few weeks ago, which is excellent going really.

All of these neglects the fact that we are playing far, far better football now (well over the last two games) than we did under Allardyce, of course.

Thanks to this result we're still 1 point better off at this stage of the season than we were under Big Sam, so it's still our best start since 95/96. :fwap:

His next game was that 3-1 loss away to City when Elano spanked the free-kick in, but that was followed by two home wins on the bounce before the wheels completely fell off and he became a dead man walking.

We're also still keeping up the 4 points every 2 games ratio I was talking about a few weeks ago, which is excellent going really.

All of these neglects the fact that we are playing far, far better football now (well over the last two games) than we did under Allardyce, of course.

Hell of a start.  November (and Dec 3) is a total bitch and we'll have to see how he handles it. 

Really happy with things though.

Hell of a start.  November (and Dec 3) is a total bitch and we'll have to see how he handles it. 

Really happy with things though.

:thup:

Keep this sort of run going until we go to Manchester and we'll still be set, would take a lot of the pressure off us for those two games.

Man Utd have Benfica (h) midweek before us (and possibly a CC Quarter Final midweek after), while City travel to Napoli the Tuesday after our game.

Might not be a particularly bad time to play them both... :shifty:

Chelsea might also have CC Quarter Final leading in to their visit to SJP and have a CL game against Valencia straight after our game too, which might be important for winning the group. Plus I always fancy us at home against anybody anyway, even when we're relatively crap.

/clutching

PS: We might even have a Carling Cup Quarter Final around this time ourselves, diminishing a lot of this, but even if we did I wouldn't exactly be complaining...

On paper, all our next games are doable.

Only when it comes to facing Everton, City, Man Utd and Chelsea all in space of 1 month it'll be worrying. Till that time, we could very well keep our place in the top 4.

I think Spurs will be our next big hurdle, they are starting to look the part after a slow start. For the first time though I'm starting to believe we can do them.

Only when it comes to facing Everton, City, Man Utd and Chelsea all in space of 1 month it'll be worrying. Till that time, we could very well keep our place in the top 4.

I think Spurs will be our next big hurdle, they are starting to look the part after a slow start. For the first time though I'm starting to believe we can do them.

Eh? Spurs hate it up here, they've consistently struggled against us no matter what quality of team we have. Never a team I've had any fear of playing at SJP.

Cue 0-5 slaughter...

DANNY SIMPSON has hailed Alan Pardew’s “fail to prepare, prepare to fail” approach ahead of tomorrow’s meeting with Blackburn Rovers.

United have made sure their homework is done thoroughly this term, with Pardew, John Carver, Steve Stone and the rest of the Toon backroom team ensuring that no stone has been left unturned as they thrive to maintain their unbeaten start with a series of pre-game video analysis sessions at the club’s Benton base.

Victory against Rovers will see the Magpies stay in the top four of the Premier League, and Simpson – who faces the club who didn’t fancy taking him on a permanent deal after loan stint two years ago – is fired-up for another big clash.

Simpson told the Chronicle: “One thing we have done right this season so far is prepare correctly for games.

“We can go into the game and take advantage of that.

“We’re rested and recovered properly thanks to the staff and we’ve looked at the tapes to make sure we’ve prepared properly.”

Read More http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/newcastle-united/nufc-news/2011/09/23/preparation-key-to-success-for-danny-simpson-72703-29472735/#ixzz1Ymm96szk

A view from inside the camp is always insightful. At least it seems there's some hard work going into studying the opposition. A different approach to Keegan's 5 a sides but they weren't without method either. I think it's fair to say Pardew has got the defensive side of it better but Keegan's forward play and team style was more fluid.

Don't know which Keegan-team you're talking about but, even the poorer team he's had in 2008, had Owen, Martins and a world class Viduka up front. Pardew has to chose from Ba, Best, Shola, Lovekrands and probably Sammy.

I know which strikeforce I'd take.

Yet he had Geremi (who did create a lot back then) and Butt behind them. Even with Barton, that midfield's not as good as what Pardew has to chose from.

Plus, that 4-3-3 was a tactical masterstroke. Something which he doesn't get enough credit for.

All Geremi ever created were facepalms.

What an insightful post that was.

When we went on that little run under Keegan, some of Geremi's crosses into the box were fantastic, as Michael Owen's goals will testify.

Amusing in his interview on .co.uk, paintballing this week hes going to try and hide for a couple of hours but has been earmarked by a few so expects his 5 minutes of pain.

:laugh:

Got his tactics spot on today :thup:

:nods:

Eh? Spurs hate it up here, they've consistently struggled against us no matter what quality of team we have. Never a team I've had any fear of playing at SJP.

Cue 0-5 slaughter...

I usually just go on the quality of the team rather than past form tbh. Spurs looked canny against Liverpool last week so I expect a tough game.