Alan Pardew

JH

:lol:

What did Towelie post?

:lol: Dude posted a youtube football clip. It was like "It's this really happening?"

He was trying to link it, tbf, but I wasn't going to sacrifice alliteration to help his negative Swedish ass.

Reading all the rage at Pardew at the start of this thread feels funny now! Still think it was handled with all the grace and respect that could be expected of Ashley, but still, people were wishing any other manager on us but Pardew hehe

Reading all the rage at Pardew at the start of this thread feels funny now! Still think it was handled with all the grace and respect that could be expected of Ashley, but still, people were wishing any other manager on us but Pardew hehe

I honestly cannot believe how much I respect and trust the man.

Not one person saw it coming, not one person had a good word to be said about his appointment, he's been incredible, smart move by Ashley.

Bit harsh, I was hurting but saw him as a good and slightly unfortunate manager who had something about him at least.

Pardew has all the makings of another Souness for me but he's here now and it's his job to prove his critics wrong. I won't be sitting here hoping he fails, he needs to show us what he's got and that other than talking a good game (which he doesn't really) he can actually set up a side to play good football. Good luck.

Hughtons dismissal, and Pardews appointment has made this on a par with when Souness was anounced, but I have a damn sight more faith in how Pardew goes about getting a team to play decent football and as a character, than I ever had for Souness.

...and I was far from the only one. Plenty more were willing to give him a fair chance.

That said we were all a bit all over the place at the time (I'm sure I called him worse than shit before he was appointed), hindsight's a bitch.

What I'd do for Steve Bruce right now

O0

Didn't know his wife is from Sweden.

Really? Didn't know that either.

After the City game today Viasat showed the higlights from this weekends games, Henrik Strömblad interviewed Pardew after our game when it got mentioned, some relatives from Sweden came to visit them over the weekend. Said that he liked Sweden, as well as something along the lines "Swedish fans, Newcastle is the team for you" with a big smile on his face :)