Alan Pardew

JH

I expect him to hold his hands up after today and say he fucked up, can't see this happening again, Kadar HAS to start next week

He keeps selecting Obertan though. And was happy to still give Raylor a game when the chance to drop him was there. No good constantly seeing what went wrong in hindsight if you do nothing about it.

Surely the 2 late subs were genuine damage limitation subs by that time? He made the sub on each occasion the ball was out of play, once when they had another free kick from wide that they could most likely score from...

Seriously misguided. Worryingly so when it comes to his selections both starting and substitutions. Santon is so obviously better than Raylor and should have been in ages ago. Shola just doesn't offer enough compared to Best or Ben Arfa, this needs to change. Smith shouldn't ever get another game for us. We need to figure out a formation where Raylor doesn't play again. I suggest Ferguson LB with Santon RB while Colo is injured. Then, when he's fit again, Simpson potentially can go back to RB and Santon becomes a LB. Gutted with some of his decisions

If you're a manager and you're chasing a game i cannot think of a single sane reason why you'd Sammi Ameobi on instead of Ben Arfa. Whatever the basis of the decision is, it certainly isn't footballing reasons.

Because we only had 3 midfielders on the pitch, because Sammy has looked lively off the bench recently, because he might think Sammy is more likely to defend.... I wanted to see Ben Arfa on too, but it was hardly the most shocking decision I've seen.

S. Ameobi has looked pretty non threatening if you're honest. Just cause he's come through the ranks and seems a nice lad he's given some grace.

If you want to salvage a point though you don't bring on a bairn when you have better options. Poor decision.

Best has been back in the squad for 2 weeks and hasnt had a kick despite being very important in how we were playing in the unbeaten run. Ben Arfa has one  quiet 45 mins  against chelsea and doesnt get a look in now either.

Santon proved today that he should have been playing alot sooner than today so i think we are all justified in saying he is getting things wrong. Obertan should not be first choice. Sammy did more in 10 mins than he did in 80

I think he's the kind of person who takes a bit of thrill in pulling off results through counter-intuitive thinking. You know the type, the guy who always wants to show off and say "hah, I bet you wouldn't have thought of that."

We got some amazing results with Ryan Taylor at left back so that became a "thing" for him. He doesn't like to back down and admit that it doesn't work anymore. It's the same thing with Obertan (who I'd guess was a player whom he played a decisive role in signing) and refusing to play Ben Arfa on the wing.

That's not entirely a slight on him, a lot of people are driven to success precisely because of that trait. Still man, fucking just play Ben Arfa on right wing already :lol:

I think he's the kind of person who takes a bit of thrill in pulling off results through counter-intuitive thinking. You know the type, the guy who always wants to show off and say "hah, I bet you wouldn't have thought of that."

We got some amazing results with Ryan Taylor at left back so that became a "thing" for him. He doesn't like to back down and admit that it doesn't work anymore. It's the same thing with Obertan (who I'd guess was a player whom he played a decisive role in signing) and refusing to play Ben Arfa on the wing.

That's not entirely a slight on him, a lot of people are driven to success precisely because of that trait. Still man, f***ing just play Ben Arfa on right wing already :lol:

I just think he gets ideas in his head and becomes incredibly stubborn about them. I think that's a weak quality in any person

Edit: As an addition, I've lost faith in his selections. I don't think he always picks people based on their ability but based on systems that he thinks will work. I'm sorry but sometimes you just need to get your best players on the pitch in their best positions

Seeing how Santon did, you question why we had Raylor still in the team when it was a possibility to drop him. Ridiculous.

x 1000000.

This should be the only post on the forum. :lol:

Okay, maybe not, but clearly a cut above Mr Nice-but-dim Raylor. [He's probably not dim, tbf]. Hope Pardew drafts in Kadar. No reason to be playing Perch if Kadar is available.

Seeing how Santon did, you question why we had Raylor still in the team when it was a possibility to drop him. Ridiculous.

x 1000000.

This should be the only post on the forum. :lol:

Okay, maybe not, but clearly a cut above Mr Nice-but-dim Raylor. [He's probably not dim, tbf]. Hope Pardew drafts in Kadar. No reason to be playing Perch if Kadar is available.

If Ryan Taylor is actually picked at left back over him at any point this season again then sack Pardew, I don't care how well we're doing :lol:

If you're a manager and you're chasing a game i cannot think of a single sane reason why you'd Sammi Ameobi on instead of Ben Arfa. Whatever the basis of the decision is, it certainly isn't footballing reasons.

Because we only had 3 midfielders on the pitch, because Sammy has looked lively off the bench recently, because he might think Sammy is more likely to defend.... I wanted to see Ben Arfa on too, but it was hardly the most shocking decision I've seen.

S. Ameobi has looked pretty non threatening if you're honest. Just cause he's come through the ranks and seems a nice lad he's given some grace.

If you want to salvage a point though you don't bring on a bairn when you have better options. Poor decision.

Sammy really needs to start performing with the game time he's getting. Infuriating subs.

What pissed me off the most is that Center back pairing, and thinking that it was going to work, it seems like whenever we play we the fans and everyone in the world knows where our weaknesses are, all they have to do is use them. could've played Kadar instead of throwing Simpson and Perch togther, every fucking cross looked like it was going in.