Alan Pardew

JH

Abeid over Gosling. Kadar for Perch.

Ferguson would have been a better option than R Taylor in previous games. Santon as well, obviously.

Sending on Lovenkrands instead of many, other better choices on many occasions this season.

He makes a lot of these inexplicable decisions. Shola was all right today at the end but he was hopeless for 75 minutes.

Pardew's insistence on not playing youngsters and playing his 'guys' is becoming more and more frustrating.

Which youngsters would you have played?

Abeid > Smith.

An actual centre back (Kadar) > Perch.

Santon > Raylor (before this game obviously).

We don't really if Kadar is better in the same way that most of us didn't know that Santon is better than R Taylor. Pardew's seen him in training for 3 months and only started him today, but it was fucking obvious 5 minutes into the match that Santon is much better than R Taylor. That is what is so inexplicable.

We don't really if Kadar is better in the same way that most of us didn't know that Santon is better than R Taylor. Pardew's seen him in training for 3 months and only started him today, but it was f***ing obvious 5 minutes into the match that Santon is much better than R Taylor. That is what is so inexplicable.

We know that Santon can play football and Raylor can't.

We don't really know if Kadar is better than Perch, we'd just like to think so.

Smith came on in injury time. He's irrelevant.

Kadar playing in his natural position and having the extra height would've helped, though.

Just like the Santon vs. Raylor debate. Of course they're better. Santon and Kadar that is.

We don't really if Kadar is better in the same way that most of us didn't know that Santon is better than R Taylor. Pardew's seen him in training for 3 months and only started him today, but it was f***ing obvious 5 minutes into the match that Santon is much better than R Taylor. That is what is so inexplicable.

Well yes, which makes Pardew's hesitancy to start him quite inexplicable, doesn't it?

Kadar playing in his natural position and having the extra height would've helped, though.

Depends if we can use it or not. Neither Hughton in the Championship nor Pardew in the Prem want him anywhere near. It probably isn't a coincidence.

Well yes, which makes Pardew's hesitancy to start him quite inexplicable, doesn't it?

Never said it didn't. The Raylor v Santon debate is inescapable; Pardew has repeatedly got it wrong.

Depends if we can use it or not. Neither Hughton in the Championship nor Pardew in the Prem want him anywhere near. It probably isn't a coincidence.

Pardew's generally been pretty good at man management, but he should have seen this coming. As the only back up central defender to the first choice ones we were always going to be short at some point and need to call on him. Not sure how much difference he would have made but most of us were shitting bricks before the game at having two small defenders up against Norwich's big bastards.

Hilarious over reactions in here!  :lol: Is this place just for extremes?

Me and about 20 others in the pub I was watching it in actually thought that we played quite well. Don't really see what else he could do with the starting line up. Sure you could play Ben Arfa but he was awful against Chelsea whereas Shola did ok.

Kadar is obviously out of favour and we don't really know if he is a good option or not. As for the subs, the Sammy one was fine, the Smith one was pointless, but all in all I'm not sure what else he could do when Gosling essentially gave the game away for us, and the centre backs struggled to mark from set pieces.

I win say it was an okay performance from Pardew and the team, marred by a few moments of bad defending / mistakes.

Agreed, we should expect to lose to a team who played in the Championship last season.  :thup:

Hilarious over reactions in here!  :lol: Is this place just for extremes?

Me and about 20 others in the pub I was watching it in actually thought that we played quite well. Don't really see what else he could do with the starting line up. Sure you could play Ben Arfa but he was awful against Chelsea whereas Shola did ok.

Kadar is obviously out of favour and we don't really know if he is a good option or not. As for the subs, the Sammy one was fine, the Smith one was pointless, but all in all I'm not sure what else he could do when Gosling essentially gave the game away for us, and the centre backs struggled to mark from set pieces.

I win say it was an okay performance from Pardew and the team, marred by a few moments of bad defending / mistakes.

Agreed, we should expect to lose to a team who played in the Championship last season.  :thup:

Come on lad, Holt has 6 goals (thats after the goals he scored against us) Clearly he is world class with the rest of Norwich, we should expect to even remotely handle what they are good at this season (deadball play) and surely pardew shouldnt sub on Ben Arfa at the wing to take away Obertan that did one good thing through the whole match!

I must have missed the bit where I said that, but thanks for reinforcing my point.

Pardew hardly got it "badly wrong" today. In fact, apart from the HBA argument, I'm not sure what else he could have done. There's only so much he can do, but when you're let down by bad defending and one stupid midfielder it seems incredibly harsh to lay much of the blame at Pardew's door.

Sure he has to take some responsibility, but to me it is clear which people were to blame today, and they weren't sat in the dugout.

Pardew picked the wrong team as far as I'm concerned.  Obertan was Obertan, Perch was Perch and Ryan Taylor was Ryan Taylor, oh and Alan Smith.  :lol:

Fair enough on Smith. The others though I don't know who else could have played who would have definitely improved us. Maybe Ben Arfa for Obertan, but it was hardly our attacking play that lost us the game today.

He could have made one change in defence, I don't know if things would have changed but I would have had more confidence if we'd had a central defender in the middle.

Why are you judging a player on just Chelsea? Why not the run that forced Ferdinand to go to ground or the pass for Ba at City, or when he hit the post? Or the Everton game or the various French caps and league titles? :lol:

Like I say I think Sammy's a real talent but I think saying that he offers more than Ben Arfa's just an unbelievable statement.

The only way I can describe the starting 11 today was a Souness-like decision.  He decided to play two players out of position, one a dwarf and the other an out and out wreck of a player, than choose someone that was the only real option left in the squad in that position.

Having a natural centre half on the field may have stopped us conceding three goals from free headers and not made the defence shit bricks whenever the ball was played into the general vicinity of our penalty area.

Guest Howaythetoon

Smith got some minutes? Fuck me he should be sacked for that alone. Seriously though its decisions like that which make you wonder and do him no favours.

Why are you judging a player on just Chelsea? Why not the run that forced Ferdinand to go to ground or the pass for Ba at City, or when he hit the post? Or the Everton game or the various French caps and league titles? :lol:

Like I say I think Sammy's a real talent but I think saying that he offers more than Ben Arfa's just an unbelievable statement.

Totally agree. It's beyond insanity.